Health insurance

Started by grounded, November 05, 2020, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2020, 11:00:30 PM
Dunno if that question was aimed at me but if it was...Yes my company pays 100% in full for my medical care then i have the option to include the family for a small fee which I believe is £12 a month extra from my salary. I also get free dental care, holiday insurance and x8 salary for life assurance.

Gosh, thats a great perk, and for £12 extra for your family a great deal.
        In all honesty for me, getting private health insurance was more for my family than me, though as you and some others have pointed out it was very beneficial to have.
        Thanks

grounded

Quote from: Rois on November 07, 2020, 12:23:23 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2020, 11:00:30 PM
Dunno if that question was aimed at me but if it was...Yes my company pays 100% in full for my medical care then i have the option to include the family for a small fee which I believe is £12 a month extra from my salary. I also get free dental care, holiday insurance and x8 salary for life assurance.
That's a great deal. I have dental cover with another provider. Death in service is only 4x. Of course we pay tax for the benefit in kind.

I just enquired about adding my new baby (Rois is a new lockdown mummy) and it would cost about £500 per year for child cover. I asked a paediatrician consultant whether it would be worth it, and she concluded that it probably wouldn't be, as if there was something that you went privately for for kids, the consultant would probably seek to get it through the NHS anyway, and there aren't that many private paeds docs in the north.

Congratulations, thats great news.
   Right, that makes a lot of sense. For me, the reason to get private health insurance would be principally for my wee girl.
     In that case maybe best to put aside some savings as opposed to getting a specific health insurance for her.
    Thanks 

Rois

I'm just saying it is prob not worth £500 per year, but if you can get it cheaper, you may see more value.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ive limited experience in this area but for 2 adults and a child you could expect to pay around 100pm maybe slightly less maybe a bit more. Therell be a basic plan which covers the main aims of the plan, and then it will be additions like your dental cover, overseas cover which will add cost. Ye could try axa aviva and bupa as a starting point