Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I've always admired Joe. Always liked his style. Always thought he had a great mind and was brilliant at his getting his point across.

But to volunteer to donate a kidney to a friend who was unrelated apart from a love of football is just mindblowing.

What can you say about such a selfless act ?

Joe talks a lot on tv and he can talk.

He was able to walk the walk as well but this takes him to a different level.

It's hard to find words for this.

Well done Joe.

Louth Exile

Fair Play to you Joe
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maroon Heaven

Know Shane is a proud Antrim man and I'm sure he is delighted to have an All Ireland winning Kidney in him. Its impossible to describe the gesture by Joe Brolly. What he has done is given Shane & his wife, children, Family & Friends a large part of his life back. 3 days a week for the last 4 years he would have to leave work at 5pm, go the Royal for 7.30 and have 3-4 hrs Dialysis treatment.

Fair Play Mr Brolly - I hope everything works out for all concerned.

Croí na hÉireann

Brolly gave up his kidney and two months work? W.O.W.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Feckitt

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 08, 2012, 03:16:46 PM
Brolly gave up his kidney and two months work? W.O.W.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!!!  Generosity will repay itself tenfold.  If you give you will recieve.  Fortune favours the brave.

Most of these oul sayings are still around because they are true.  Well Done Joe, se mo laoch.

Declan

yellowcard

8)unbelievable gesture by Brolly. He is a love hate figure and is a born entertainer. I can see how he upsets people but too many people takes his comments way too serious.

thebuzz

Quote from: yellowcard on October 08, 2012, 05:12:16 PM
8)unbelievable gesture by Brolly. He is a love hate figure and is a born entertainer. I can see how he upsets people but too many people takes his comments way too serious.

As a Derry man I could never dislike Joe. I can see how he winds people up as well but the bit in bold is very true :)

Tubberman

Quote from: thebuzz on October 08, 2012, 05:51:36 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 08, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

As a Derry man I could never dislike Joe. I can see how he winds people up as well but the bit in bold is very true :)

He takes cheap digs at amateur players and puts the boot in when they're down. There's nothing clever about that.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

whitey

Great gesture by Joe the person, but Joe the pundit is still a world class w@nker IMHO. Deliberatlely trying to influence the ref the lead up to the AIF with his 28 yellow card comments-absolutely fvcking disgrace

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on October 08, 2012, 08:46:08 PM
Great gesture by Joe the person, but Joe the pundit is still a world class w@nker IMHO. Deliberatlely trying to influence the ref the lead up to the AIF with his 28 yellow card comments-absolutely fvcking disgrace

You what now??

fitzroyalty

What an absolute legend of a man. Always admired him and will now admire him even more.

Main Street

Yeah, sure I have always liked Brolly :-X

I hope Joe's post op recovery is complete and will be able to dander along nobly to an old age with his single kidney.

NaomhBridAbú

regardless of his many day jobs, Joe Brolly has proven his humanity/christianity/selflessness by this amazing act...

the support for the McGirr Family and the Spirit of Paul McGirr...again with Cormac McAnallen and the Cormac Trust and the Campa Chormaic. The Micheala Foundation. The fundraising for the Fermanagh man (whose name excapes me) in San Francisco. Carde Catherine. And all the others who garner support from within...

Having someone like Brolly, from within our code committing to that act of pure kindness - all of the above...makes me proud to be a Gael.

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Wild Guess

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on July 20, 2012, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 20, 2012, 12:30:04 PM
You just wouldnt want to get on the end of Brollys tongue.  He writes brilliantly but when hes on the form he takes everyone out.  You could see more teams boycotting interviews over stuff like this.

Brolly is a jerk

I'm with you NBA ;)