Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRipper89

I dont think it will be the winning or losing of the game in honesty.  To miss a All ireland final with your club, you would want to be certain it was a strike or red card offense. Im assuming there has been a video footage review and the decision made. Best of luck to them.

Whats the chances tomorrow then? any team news? wet and windy day forecast, might help to hinder Galway.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: BigRipper89 on February 04, 2022, 01:48:32 PM
I dont think it will be the winning or losing of the game in honesty.  To miss a All ireland final with your club, you would want to be certain it was a strike or red card offense. Im assuming there has been a video footage review and the decision made. Best of luck to them.

Whats the chances tomorrow then? any team news? wet and windy day forecast, might help to hinder Galway.

It won't impact the result, but still would be great if the GAA grew a set with all the successful appeals.

Team news is out:

McMahon

Fegan
McElroy
Collins

McCormack
McParland
D O'Hagan

Doherty
Murdock

Mooney
Kerr
McCartan

B O'Hagan
McKernan
Gilmore

It'll be a serious task but hopefully see improvement and a decent performance, as that's all we can ask at this stage of the new regime and with players gaining experience.

Mourne Red

Glad too see Gilmore kept his place - Would have O'Hagan at 6 as don't think he's the legs he once had. Disappointed to see McKernan in the side, clearly playing sweeper but don't think he's up to the pace of the Inter County game anymore, maybe someone to bring on to steady the ship later in the game but don't see how he merits starting given current form.

Nanderson

Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 04, 2022, 01:57:42 PM

It won't impact the result, but still would be great if the GAA grew a set with all the successful appeals.

Team news is out:

McMahon

Fegan
McElroy
Collins

McCormack
McParland
D O'Hagan

Doherty
Murdock

Mooney
Kerr
McCartan

B O'Hagan
McKernan
Gilmore

It'll be a serious task but hopefully see improvement and a decent performance, as that's all we can ask at this stage of the new regime and with players gaining experience.
So you want people to be suspended for what a linesman made up in his own head?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Nanderson on February 04, 2022, 02:57:24 PM

Team news is out:

McMahon

Fegan
McElroy
Collins

McCormack
McParland
D O'Hagan

Doherty
Murdock

Mooney
Kerr
McCartan

B O'Hagan
McKernan
Gilmore

I do not think anyone is saying that Choc struck him with a fist but it was downright stupid of a man so vastly experienced to do that. Moran won't use him in the final if it's a tight game due to the short fuse. He did interfere with the player but there was enough in the video to ensure that the Kilcoo hierarchy would have pleaded his innocence.

I do not think that will be the team for tomorrow. I believe there will be a few changes.

I am just out of Urban in the Town and I spoke with a very prominent Laitroim Fontenoys figure who said that a few clubs are extremely unhappy with the CCC proposal and most clubs want to play 22 games. He was fearful with the number of dual players in their squad as to how it will affect them and there will be a lot of men playing 3 games a week. The county board meeting next week could be a long drawn-out affair.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 04, 2022, 03:26:23 PM

Team news is out:

McMahon

Fegan
McElroy
Collins

McCormack
McParland
D O'Hagan

Doherty
Murdock

Mooney
Kerr
McCartan

B O'Hagan
McKernan
Gilmore

I do not think anyone is saying that Choc struck him with a fist but it was downright stupid of a man so vastly experienced to do that. Moran won't use him in the final if it's a tight game due to the short fuse. He did interfere with the player but there was enough in the video to ensure that the Kilcoo hierarchy would have pleaded his innocence.

I do not think that will be the team for tomorrow. I believe there will be a few changes.

I am just out of Yrban in the Town and I spoke with a very prominent Laitroim Fontenoys figure who said that a few clubs are extremely unhappy with the CCC proposal and most clubs want to play 22 games. He was fearful with the number of dual players in their squad as to how it will affect them and there will be a lot of men playing 3 games a week. The county board meeting next week could be a long drawn out affair.

Everyone I've talked to player wise is keen for the 22 games.. After all that's what we want as players, we just want to get out and play.. We don't want weeks off where we aren't playing. Mostly because that means we are dragged up to Castlewellan/Murlough or Tollymore lol

Also on a good week some of the Division 4 teams don't field, would mean that Division could end up with some teams only playing 10 games or so for a whole league campaign

manwithnoplan

Team news is out:

McMahon

Fegan
McElroy
Collins

McCormack
McParland
D O'Hagan

Doherty
Murdock

Mooney
Kerr
McCartan

B O'Hagan
McKernan
Gilmore

No, for his needless idiotic actions, but sure keep letting people off for this, it's a great example for young players watching them do stupid overly agressive things and getting away with it.

SamFever

Quote from: SamFever on January 30, 2022, 01:52:08 PM
Rory Burns. 2/10

Peter Fegan 5/10
Finn McElroy7/10
Gerard Collins 5/10
Ruairi McCormack 6/10
Niall McParland 6/10
Darren O'Hagan 5/10

Anthony Doherty 6/10
Odhran Murdock 7/10

Caplin  Mooney 6/10
Liam Kerr 5/10
Cormac McCartan 4/10
Barry O'Hagan 6/10
Kevin McKernan 4/10
Andrew Gilmore 6/10

Management 5.5/10

Management have taken heed of my ratings and Rory Burns loses out. I hope the the player ratings improve from last week.

befair

I've always supported Kilcoo, amazing grit despite never being a big team, but some of their behaviour has let them down. The incident in the minor championship and the abuse of one referee were particularly squalid examples.
Having said that, Jock's red card was harsh and deserved to be rescinded. I suspect he won't start, but a great man to bring on. As someone tweeted, you are never more than 6 feet from a Branagan.
I'm quietly confident, and think the bookies have it about right (8/13)

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 04, 2022, 02:21:35 PM
Glad too see Gilmore kept his place - Would have O'Hagan at 6 as don't think he's the legs he once had. Disappointed to see McKernan in the side, clearly playing sweeper but don't think he's up to the pace of the Inter County game anymore, maybe someone to bring on to steady the ship later in the game but don't see how he merits starting given current form.

How does McKernan do it.. I thought the tackle that led to his withdrawal last week had killed him rolling about the place - then he's helped from the pitch and five mins later shouting n roaring like he is the coach. N now he's fit to start!!! Madness...

PTC

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 04, 2022, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on February 04, 2022, 02:21:35 PM

How does McKernan do it.. I thought the tackle that led to his withdrawal last week had killed him rolling about the place - then he's helped from the pitch and five mins later shouting n roaring like he is the coach. N now he's fit to start!!! Madness...

It's absolute madness how he is even on the panel

ardtole

I was impressed with Anthony Morgan when he came on v St Finbarrs, will he have done enough to squeeze into the 1st 15.

rosskarr

Good for 10mins and terrible for 60mins.

mourneman9194

Disappointing result tonight, Galways class completely exposed Down. Signs of a second half comeback were quickly evaporated. I wish the commentators would curb their expectations a little on the young Down players. Whilst they are showing decent signs so far, they still have massive steps to take and I don't think stating that they are going to be future Down captains or about the county scene for 10 years whilst playing in games that they are getting hammered in is helpful for their expectations. Especially whilst there is players their same age standing out more for the opposition. But that is here not there. Good to see Havern back this evening, hopefully see some more injury returns for the next game. Any word on Corey Quinn?

Mourne Red

Thought we done well on Kickouts - Few held up in the wind but other than that looked like we had a strategy. Doherty and McKernan seemed off the pace, couldn't keep up with the pace off that Galway team.

I know we started late but the Size/Strength of Galway compared too us was unreal.

McMahon and McElroy the better performing players for us tonight