Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

I will be at that game on Sunday myself, it should be a good one.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 06, 2014, 09:06:25 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 05, 2014, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 05, 2014, 08:41:59 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 05, 2014, 04:44:45 PM
Burt giving rossa their fill of it from what I hear.

Sounds like Rossa got out of jail so to speak!
I wasn't at it so I can't say. I've a friend who is a setanta club man. He was keeping me informed. He said that they pulled away handy in the end.

I wouldn't call 4points "handy".
The Rossa men I spoke to were not very positive either.
Hopefully lift their game as I would think Keady will be a stern test.
Glenravel still going well.
Cushendall vs Slaughtneil anyone?

we played Burt few years ago. Ulster league final, only pulled away in last five minutes. Hard working team. Keady will be a step up again. Very good at this level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

I rem us playing them a number of years back in the early 2000's and they give us a right tight game until half time. they scored a goal early on and made life difficult for us.
hurl like f**k boi!

CitySlicker11

I think all three Antrim teams will struggle to get wins this coming Sunday, but fancy them to squeeze through by no more than a point or two.

getevennotcross

Slaughniel by 2, those lads ran Loughgiel very close last year and should not be wrote off too easily.

theskull1

I reckon the dall will throw the shackles off now that they've won the volunteer cup.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on October 06, 2014, 07:36:20 PM
I reckon the dall will throw the shackles off now that they've won the volunteer cup.

Jez, Ports drew the short straw there, Clones is over 100 miles away and only 20 miles for Lisbellaw.

Surely there's somewhere more central to both.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on October 07, 2014, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 06, 2014, 07:36:20 PM

Jez, Ports drew the short straw there, Clones is over 100 miles away and only 20 miles for Lisbellaw.

Surely there's somewhere more central to both.

But of a journey but I would say 2weeks ago they'd have been delighted at the prospect!
Still in shock they beat the crans!

Rossa & Glenravel both on the road to Dungannon.

I am going to try make the Cushendall fixture.

getevennotcross

Rossa by at least 3
Con Magees - by 2 at least
Slaughtniel - just edging it by the minimum or 2, well it is championship.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I will be at the Cushendall game.

I honestly think they will get it tight in this one, I hope im wrong as the potential is there in that team to be even better than they have shown this season
hurl like f**k boi!

oakleafgael

Cant see C'dall getting it overly tight. Will be close and hard fought till half time but would exect them to pull clear in the last quarter. It was a lot better set up for Slaughneil last year, footballers where out in the first round which left them the guts of 3 months to concentrate on hurling only. With a combination of the hurling starting later in the year and the footballers now through to the final I cant see how they will be as well prepared and it showed in Derry final. They are selecting from almost the same panel of players. Great year for them all the same, won the hurling, beat in camogie final and through to the football final.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 07, 2014, 10:54:56 AM
Rossa by at least 3
Con Magees - by 2 at least
Slaughtniel - just edging it by the minimum or 2, well it is championship.

Keady by 3
Castleblayney by 5
Cushnedall to squeeze past our reps but just, as someone said, S'neil have had to spread themselves thin all year, super effort form them to date

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 07, 2014, 12:55:37 PM
Cant see C'dall getting it overly tight. Will be close and hard fought till half time but would exect them to pull clear in the last quarter. It was a lot better set up for Slaughneil last year, footballers where out in the first round which left them the guts of 3 months to concentrate on hurling only. With a combination of the hurling starting later in the year and the footballers now through to the final I cant see how they will be as well prepared and it showed in Derry final. They are selecting from almost the same panel of players. Great year for them all the same, won the hurling, beat in camogie final and through to the football final.

I forgot they have the football final next week. they have done really well this season to get to both finals. it might just tell on them tho it is do able.

dunloy won the antrim senior hurling and antrim intermediate football finals and both teams made the ulster finals that year. it is possible but extremely hard to spread all the players if they are dual.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Been there and done that DR. Both all Ireland finals in same year and both county finals this year!! Great bunch of lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2014, 06:24:04 PM
Been there and done that DR. Both all Ireland finals in same year and both county finals this year!! Great bunch of lads

Serious achievement.
Slaughtneil must have some set up there?