2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Very good post there TheGreatGame.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

We won no breaking ball against when we played the Dubs so they should have been aware of that. Hyland is one of the few that can win primary ball but if the backs intention is to break down the ball each time it makes it very difficult.
Wealso hit seven or eight wides in the first half. I know part of our game plan is to hit these long shots but they need to be going over.
Talking about Fraher Field I think Waterford have only lost there once so they're not easily beaten there.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Poor result saturday night and we looked outclassed.

As previous poster said we have got up to the level of Offaly Antrim now which is a big improvement from 3 years ago ...

We are still a good bit off the likes of Waterford Wexford etc but Chedder must be given credit for getting us this far.

Teams have realised how to play against our sweeper system and the short puck out we need to have a rethink and come up with other tactics to keep us in the game against the bigger sides.

Sad news about Picky but hope the lads can group together get the Vital win  against Antrim on the  8th of March in Ballycastle.

I think they can.
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

I see where Cha went for 2 yellows against LIT today.

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on February 24, 2015, 05:44:01 PM
I see where Cha went for 2 yellows against LIT today.

He really should be learning at this stage ...yes he plays on the edge but its a skill not to get a second yellow look at Tommy Walsh over the years Cha needs to learn quickly
LAOIS ABÚ

Tobias

I think Cha could be suspended for a month now having been sent off twice in a week? How long will picky be out for?

Unlaoised

Picky is gone for at least 6 weeks and maybe more as a collarbone takes a while to heal and settle back in
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

We will certainly miss Cha's presence if he is going to miss games. He's the one player who is up for the challenge and goes for the dirty ball. Needs to really be careful in future but then again his game is on the edge, as someone else said, and we don't want him changing his style.

Unlaoised

Him and Picky will be a massive loss for antrim away  :'(
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

In case any of you lads are in the area on Friday, the official launch of Slieve Margy hurling club will be at Kellyville(St Josephs ground) at 6,30pm. The Laois senior team will train there on the night and Cheddar will also do some coaching with the Under 8's and 10's.
Exciting times for hurling in the south east of the county.

redsetanta

Just looking at the journey to Ballycastle. It's closer to Scotland than Belfast. It is a serious journey. I would hope the hurlers head up the night before because it would require a very early start Sunday morning.

Giovanni

I noticed that too! For a minute I thought they were proposing to play on Rathlin Island. This would be the equivalent of Cork asking opposing team to come to Schull. I think it's a bit much to be honest and I doubt it suits their own followers particularly well either.

Unlaoised

Next stop Cambletown in scotland ha ha.....Its a good 4 hours in a Car I mean a good 4 hours....

Used to Drive up there frequently its about 220 miles....It will cost you about 50-60 in fuel aswell...

Was planning on going up saturday night but few lads pulled out looks like I'll have to make do with the Footballers in Moore Park....

Might throw the Fuel money I would have spent 50euro on a LAOIS double in the hurling and football

at 6/1  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

What's the thoughts on this game Sunday? Venue changed so a little bit less to travel. Any sign of a team from Cheddar? Always late in the day when the team is announced. I thought they had to be named for media etc? Will be a very difficult game but a must win (for both teams actually) We cannot afford the amount of wides we've had in the opening two games.

Any word on Cha? Will he be available after his two sendings off?

Unlaoised

See its changed to Arloy....10 miles closer to home but its brought forward to 2pm....Surely the players will travel up the night before?
LAOIS ABÚ