Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wee scully

After a long year and Halloween just round the corner another terrible ending to the year with several appeals and objections being raised to the situation caused by Rock deciding not to field last week.

The upshot of it all is that Ulster council will be hearing appeals from the clubs effected resulting in the CCC having to decide to call off the game this weekend between Gortin and Urney.

By the time this is sorted the Christmas dinner won't be far away and clubs will nearly be back training for next year. It's a terrible situation for all sides, players, managers, clubs to find themselves in and surely something needs done to prevent this from happening again.

Degrassi Hi

The simple solution is to play the games Now!  The whole thing would be finished up by 14th November.
If the club's in question have all lodged an appeal and are successful the ccc will then lodge a counter appeal which they will also win. These fixtures will eventually take place in December/January having a detrimental effect on players/management preparations for 2016.

Club boi

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 23, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
Quote from: parttimeexile on October 23, 2015, 12:01:32 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on October 23, 2015, 09:12:09 AM
Quote from: parttimeexile on October 23, 2015, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on October 22, 2015, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2015, 03:39:33 PM
Its a hobby innit. No obligation to go to football. I too will opt out next year.

Yes I agree no obligation, I'm not disputing that. What I'm getting at is the fact he was only too happy to play all last year when the rock where riding high on an all Ireland junior run, then when they needed him most he decided to step aside. Not a real clubman if your asking me, that's what separates the senior teams from intermediate/junior.
Its only an opinion but I believe that the quality and quantity of players of a certain standard is what separates Division 1/2/3. For example Greencastle are division 1 because they have many good players. Do you think that the Greencastle team that was in Division 3 had as many good players, but they just weren't committed enough?

That's a fascinating insight. What else might separate teams in sport throughout the world? Alphabetical order? Nice jerseys?
What I believe the poster was saying was that attitude of players is what separates good teams from bad teams is the attitude of their players. I was just saying that it is more to do with the quality of players than the attitude. I would say there are many players in division 3 who are more dedicated than their counterparts in division 1. But thanks for your smartass comment anyway.

I agree the quality and quantity of footballers has a lot to do with how successful a club can be but a good attitude/dedication is equally as important. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Rock can be happy being considered as a yo yo club, much like Cookstown are. Why not push on to be the best you can be. Take Carrickmore for example; they haven't produced the quality of footballer they had say 10-12 years ago but they continue to contest O'Neill cups/league titles every year. I put that down to hard work, attitude and dedication, the same dedication Martin McCreesh has failed to show. I shouldn't pick on one player as the same can be said for numerous clubs in Tyrone.

GAAFAN2 - Are you or have you been a footballer???

You don't know his reasons or other commitments for "opting" out. Does playing football for the rock put cloths on his back or food in his belly?? No matter if they got promoted or relegated or in the same division. Show a bit of respect and stop naming an amateur individual for HIS choices

on the sideline

Is the Urney vrs Gortin match going ahead tomorrow?

parttimeexile

on the sideline

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

on the sideline

Deserved wins for Owen Roes and Urney today.

First time I'v seen Owen Roes play in years and was impressed. Their full back was very good and number 5 ran all day.  Have to say though the Tatts pressed the self destruct button. The goals - 2 in particular were brutal to concede and I'd say at least 2-4 of Owen Roes total came from Tattyreagh mistakes.

Urney get goals. The always do and are known for it.  Today was no different. They were that bit better than Gortin who will be rueing some terrible efforts from very scorable free kicks. Undoubtedly McNulty was a big loss for them and I'd say he's gone for next week.  I would fear for them now without him as far as getting scores goes.  They are in trouble.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: on the sideline on October 25, 2015, 08:31:02 PM

First time I'v seen Owen Roes play in years and was impressed. Their full back was very good and number 5 ran all day.  Have to say though the Tatts pressed the self destruct button. The goals - 2 in particular were brutal to concede and I'd say at least 2-4 of Owen Roes total came from Tattyreagh mistakes.

Urney get goals. The always do and are known for it.  Today was no different. They were that bit better than Gortin who will be rueing some terrible efforts from very scorable free kicks. Undoubtedly McNulty was a big loss for them and I'd say he's gone for next week.  I would fear for them now without him as far as getting scores goes.  They are in trouble.

Very fair assessment here. We played rightly if not great but you picked two of our unsung lads namely Stevie Kelly and Sean Dooher. Also you're right we picked off some Tatts errors today. The 3 x goals were scrappy. But....

Young McNulty was a huge loss today for Gortin  Horrible seeing him down today. The actions of 2 x Urney players today deserve more praise than they'll ever get today and one of our own member Dr O Flaherty. Scary stuff.

Best wishes to young Risse.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 19, 2015, 03:16:02 PM
By all accounts Greencastle were 6 points up v Donaghmore before Mickey McCann awarded 2 fortuitous goals to rescue Donaghmore and relegate Moy. Dungannon will beat Donaghmore next week. Predicting an Aghyaran v Dungannon promotion/relegation finale.

The Division 2 relegation playoff will take us well into the middle of November. Owen Roes or the Tatts will have a bit of a wait to find out who they eventually will play.

What do you know!!! Lol

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on October 20, 2015, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on October 20, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

I predict Dungannon v Cookstown with cookstown returning to senior football.

i wouldnt read too much into cookstown's last 2 results especially our game against them, one of our players got married last saturday and we were down a few key men.  i'd fancy aghyaran to take them especially up there.

think it will be aghyaran v derrylaughan, with derrylaughan then playing dungannon. hard to pick a winner in that one...

I use to think u had good knowledge clarshack!!! Everyone wrote off Kildress but we're still there! #UTT

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2015, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 25, 2015, 08:31:02 PM

Very fair assessment here. We played rightly if not great but you picked two of our unsung lads namely Stevie Kelly and Sean Dooher. Also you're right we picked off some Tatts errors today. The 3 x goals were scrappy. But....

Young McNulty was a huge loss today for Gortin  Horrible seeing him down today. The actions of 2 x Urney players today deserve more praise than they'll ever get today and one of our own member Dr O Flaherty. Scary stuff.

Best wishes to young Risse.

What happened him Norf?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on October 26, 2015, 01:40:57 AM
In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

i wouldnt read too much into cookstown's last 2 results especially our game against them, one of our players got married last saturday and we were down a few key men.  i'd fancy aghyaran to take them especially up there.

think it will be aghyaran v derrylaughan, with derrylaughan then playing dungannon. hard to pick a winner in that one...

I use to think u had good knowledge clarshack!!! Everyone wrote off Kildress but we're still there! #UTT

me too! got my predictions badly wrong this weekend lol, anyway fair play to kildress. should be a good game v cookstown.

blewuporstuffed

I was surprised to see Donaghmore beating Dungannon convincingly in the play offs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gaafan2

Quote from: clarshack on October 26, 2015, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 26, 2015, 01:40:57 AM

me too! got my predictions badly wrong this weekend lol, anyway fair play to kildress. should be a good game v cookstown.

I still expect Cookstown to beat Kildress and then Donaghmore.