RTE's continuing agitation of Northern Nationalists

Started by T Fearon, October 11, 2017, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Following on from the map controversy on the Late Late Show,this week we have had Sean O'Rourke laughing on air at Liam Cosgrave's suggestion that water was too good for the hunger strikers and Eamon Dunphy thanking God on air for "Londonderry" (referencing the contribution of Martin O'Neill,Mc Clean and Duffy in Cardiff).

This has caused a howl of protests up North,but no adverse reaction at all in the South.Are we too sensitive up here? I must say I did laugh at Dunphy's comment,which I interpreted at the time as being tongue in cheek

OakleafCounty

Dunphy was tongue in cheek. Anyone offended by that is definitely too sensitive which a lot of northern nationalists definitely are. This is the first I heard of the other comment.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 07:03:43 AM
Following on from the map controversy on the Late Late Show,this week we have had Sean O'Rourke laughing on air at Liam Cosgrave's suggestion that water was too good for the hunger strikers and Eamon Dunphy thanking God on air for "Londonderry" (referencing the contribution of Martin O'Neill,Mc Clean and Duffy in Cardiff).

This has caused a howl of protests up North,but no adverse reaction at all in the South.Are we too sensitive up here? I must say I did laugh at Dunphy's comment,which I interpreted at the time as being tongue in cheek
Which is exactly what it was. No need to engage in the predictable anti-south rhetoric on this.

north_antrim_hound

over the years there has been lots of examples like this in RTÉ and some Irish newspapers
It would stir up more disappointment than anger tbh
Dunphy will just say anything that he thinks will provoke a reaction
In fairness to dunphy he has defended james Mc clean when other westbrit journalists where having a go
He said he didn't like Martin O Neil regardless of what job he was doing the other night
Smacks of O Neil not giving him the time of day and little eamon is reacting to  some rejection through the program

my biggest gripe is that him and Brady are terrible analyst
At least brolly offers some insight in the Gaa programmes
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ned

Listened to rte radio coverage of the match on Monday night. Anyone know who the co-commentater was?

AZOffaly

Quote from: ned on October 11, 2017, 09:23:40 AM
Listened to rte radio coverage of the match on Monday night. Anyone know who the co-commentater was?

Was it Beglin?

Tubberman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 11, 2017, 09:19:35 AM
over the years there has been lots of examples like this in RTÉ and some Irish newspapers
In fairness to dunphy he has defended james Mc clean when other westbrit journalists where having a go
He said he didn't like Martin O Neil regardless of what job he was doing the other night
Smacks of O Neil not giving him the time of day and little eamon is reacting to  some rejection through the program

He does in his arse!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

galwayman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

Was it Beglin?
Yep it was Beglin.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tubberman on October 11, 2017, 09:26:19 AM

He does in his arse!

Compared To who

Owenmoresider

Quote from: galwayman on October 11, 2017, 09:27:37 AM

Was it Beglin?
Yep it was Beglin.
He said radio so it wasn't Beglin as he was on TV. Wasn't listening to it but going on previous was it Kerr by any chance?

longballin

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 11, 2017, 08:49:18 AM
Dunphy was tongue in cheek. Anyone offended by that is definitely too sensitive which a lot of northern nationalists definitely are. This is the first I heard of the other comment.

Totally - people using it as an opp to have a go at him. Politically Dunphy credentials have been sound

ned

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 11, 2017, 09:30:09 AM
Quote from: galwayman on October 11, 2017, 09:27:37 AM

Was it Beglin?
Yep it was Beglin.
He said radio so it wasn't Beglin as he was on TV. Wasn't listening to it but going on previous was it Kerr by any chance?

That would make sense. Seemed knowledgeable. Talked a lot of crap too!

Tubberman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 11, 2017, 09:28:09 AM

He does in his arse!

Compared To who

Parkinson, McStay (when he was in that gig), O'Cinnéide, McConville, Horan.
Dessie Dolan ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tubberman on October 11, 2017, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 11, 2017, 09:28:09 AM

He does in his arse!

Compared To who

Parkinson, McStay (when he was in that gig), O'Cinnéide, McConville, Horan.
Dessie Dolan ;)

Parkinson LOL
I'll give you mc Stay in fairness
I was comparing brolly to his soccer counterparts
Only there to provoke a reaction type of character
In this respect brolly has more of a grasp of the things that matter
RTÉ are woefull at picking analysts

AZOffaly

Sorry yeah, Kerr was commentating on radio v Moldova, so it probably was him. He doesn't like O'Neill, you can tell by the little remarks he makes even when something goes well.