Author Topic: Gilroy new Dubs manager  (Read 727 times)

Roashter

• View Profile
Re: Gilroy new Dubs manager
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:38 AM »
No doubt Connolly is a super footballer -indeed one of the best in the country. For hurling though, I've seen him at some club games this year and he doesn't stand out as definitely inter-county standard. His fitness levels & strength give him a big advantage alright but I fear he would be badly exposed at inter-county level against the better teams.
In saying that -if he got a full season exclusive to the hurlers he may well be a big addition, but it's a big risk as I feel he has a lot more value to the footballers

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »
He isn't committing, said he was to old at 30 to be switching over to County Hurling.

Gilroy sent Connolly home from a training camp in La Manga when he was football manager, according to Saturdays Indo. They might be club mates but hardly best buddies .

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
if Dublin get their top players onto the squad they'll be a match for anyone in the league

Fixed that for you there.

Still loads of work to be done with Dublin hurlers before they'll be considered serious championship contenders.

Still behind the likes of Limerick, Clare and Wexford IMO.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »
if Dublin get their top players onto the squad they'll be a match for anyone in the league

Fixed that for you there.

Still loads of work to be done with Dublin hurlers before they'll be considered serious championship contenders.

Still behind the likes of Limerick, Clare and Wexford IMO.

Wexford? I know they have a couple of top hurlers but Dublin playing in a higher league has to count for something? That said, Galway have done alright! :o
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

easytiger95

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:14 PM »
Also, his pass for Rock's fist point from play was absolutely sublime. I'm not his biggest fan but the team is stronger with him as an option. He is a good hurler though.
I can accept all of that without a bother but the fact remains that he had played in the final and got a red card for his troubles, the odds are that Mayo would have won that game, unless he was carded inside the last five minutes or do.
Gilroy and Diarmuid are Vins' men and the odds are that they will get along together.

but the fact (knowledge or information based on real occurences) remains that he had played in the final (I'm assuming that you mean "had he" played in the final, and is a hypothetical situation i.e. it didn't happen) and got a red card for his troubles (a hypothetical situation occurring within a hypothetical situation i.e. something that might happen in a situation that definitely didn't happen), the odds are that Mayo would have won that game (you're now calculating the odds of a hypothetical event occurring in a match that didn't actually happen i.e Dermo didn't play against Mayo, so he definitely didn't get sent off, in fact, he didn't start)

Get yourself down to Paddy Power, they'd love to see you, and they'll definitely give you odds.