Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Speaking of the Hogan Stand, some of whats on there is unreal  :D :D :D

Owenmoresider

Quoteand finally Ballina Stephenites, Ardnaree and Bonniconlon will be called Ballina Stephenites.
:D :D :D

Left out Ballagh' there I see. Presumably going back to their natural home in that case. :P

In the real world, Breaffy and Ballinrobe were relegated to Division 2 at the weekend, and the aforementioned Ballagh' will replace one of them in D1.

Farrandeelin

The u-21 A final now goes ahead on Saturday at 1pm in Crossmolina.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Gaeilgoir

Does anyone know the other semi final of the intermediate in connacht ?

Owenmoresider

Carrigallen (Leitrim) v Menlough (Galway). Menlough beat our own Geevagh by 0-11 to 0-4 a week ago.

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to the Knockmore team this Sunday. I won't be home for it but if anyone on here is at the u-21 match fills me in on the report I'd be grateful. (Realistically this was to rescue this from falling off the radar)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

I'll do my best to get to a computer tomorrow after the match provided i dont have a feed of pints tonite at bell X1 and manage to get up to move the cattle that need moving tomorrow!  :-\

Oh and best of luck to the lads, i've no doubt we'll be county U-21 champions this time tomorrow
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Cattle moved and Ballina bet all before the dinner.  ;D

Knockmore easily beat ballina 1-12 to 1-5.
There was a massive wind blowing towards the clubhouse end which knockmore used to their full advantage in the first half. Kilcoyne got the first free before ballina got their equaliser from a free. That was as close as ballina got. Knockmore were 0-3 to 0-1 when gerry cafferkey misjudged a long ball and kilcoyne as 1V1 with the keeper, the keeper seemed to have got close to him but cafferkey came back and pulled him down. Kilcoynes penalty was hard and straight down the middle, the keeper deflected it onto the crossbar but kilcoyne put the rebound home. Knockmore led at half time 1-7 to 0-1. Ballina failing to score despite winning most of the breaks round the middle, only 1 wide compared to knockmore's 9.

Knockmore started the second half by moving howley to full forward, with gibbons back to CHB, and then immediately pulling him back as a second CHB with gerard gaughan moving out towards the middle. Knockmore won everything in a 15 minute spell that finished the game. Howley and kilcoyne won everything at midfield and ballina were aimlessly kicking balls into the knockmore backs. kilcoyne got the score of the game from a 45 yard free into the breeze, a savage effort and knockmore added another 3 in this period and it was game over at 1-11 to 0-1. Knockmore were winning all the 50-50 breaks and ballina had no answer to their defensive play.
Ballina got a couple of points with 10 minutes left and added 1-1 in injury time to put some respectability on the score. A soft goal from a long ball in that the keeper let thru his legs.

MOTM would be between kilcoyne, howley and naughton who all showed why they were on county teams this year.
But honourable mentions to gardiner, coleman, corcoran, kieran langan & craig reape

Knockmore: Derek Butler, Paul Coleman, Kevin McLoughlin, Kieran Gardiner, Kenny Corcoran, Darren reape, Trevor Howley,James Ruddy, Gerry Higgins, Kieran langan, Craig reape, Jarlath o'Hora, Aidan kilcoyne, Brian Gibbons, gerard Gaughan

Ballina: Joshua Tierney, Robert lyons, Ger Cafferkey, Thomas Duffy, Stephen McCarron, Thomas Doherty, John Harrison, Kieran Sweeney, Rory Smith, Dean Fielding, Ian O'Dowd, Lorcan Healy, Rory Campion, David O'Mahony, Brendan O'Hora

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Cheers for the report, sounds failry one sided alright. Is that Brian Gibbons from Childers Heights playing for Knockmore? Father a teacher in Muredeachs ??

MacDanger

Good win for Knockmore, hopefully a few of those lads can push on to the senior team and get us back to the top.............

guy crouchback

yes young gibbons is son of john  the teacher. i think they moved from childers heights to cloghans a few years ago so thats why he plays for knockmore.

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 20, 2006, 01:59:06 PM
I just read this on the hoganstand message board, best laugh i've had in ages
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mayo football
Clubs should be amalgamated in Mayo. Too many rubbish clubs. For example, Kiltane should join Belmullet to be known as Kilmullet. Burrishoole, Louisburg, Kilmeena and Westport should be amalgamated and called Westburkilburg. Knockmore should team up with Moy Davitts and become Knockmoy. Ballintubber, Mayo Gaels and Hollymount will become Ballinmount Gaels. Claremorris, Garrymore and Davitts will become Claregarry Davitts. Ballyhaunis, Aughamore and Eastern Gaels will dovetail nicely under the name Aughahaunis Gaels. Breaffy, Balla and Castlebar Mitchells will be called Ballaffy Mitchells. Kilmaine, The Neale, Shrule-Glencorrib and Ballinrobe will be The Ballinshrule Killers. Charlestown, Swinford and Kiltimagh could be called Kilchainford and finally Ballina Stephenites, Ardnaree and Bonniconlon will be called Ballina Stephenites. Alot of the other clubs should be disbanded, with one or two of their better players joining one of the new amalgamated clubs. This would mean more competitive football with fewer games and fewer spectators, and a bigger effort could be made with the county team in its quest for Sam. What do ye think?
Real Istic , Ballina Ireland , 18/11/2006 at 13:23

I can just see the draw for next years chmapionship
I wonder would the cross lads join ballina or knockmoy, possibly some of them could see a future with Kilmullet

Kilmullet isnt a bad suggestion for a name, coz if it ever happened club members would be killing eachother

smelly fairy

That's hilarious! Aughahaunis Gaels.. The tears are just streaming down my cheeks from laughing.. Very Clever :D
Westburkilburg- stop, I'm crackin' up..

stephenite

Quote from: guy crouchback on November 27, 2006, 11:45:12 AM
i think they moved from childers heights to cloghans a few years ago so thats why he plays for knockmore.

Cheers for that, it was my next question. Think I met him briefly in Adelaide last spring when he was down with the U-17 International Rules team

ludermor

Kilmullet isnt a bad suggestion for a name, coz if it ever happened club members would be killing eachother

They could use that name as it is now with the belmullet being the two parishes of Belmullet and Kilmore. I think kiltane would be happier taking a few of the savages from Ballycroy to toughen up the team