Truly inspirational.

Started by T Fearon, July 09, 2017, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I remember being at a talk he gave a year or two ago. He spoke of how his team mates would be celebrating a win or whatever but he just felt a massive hole in his life. The only thing that filled it was religion.

If that's your fancy, good luck to him.

Tony fills his hole with a bargain bucket and a picture of Pat Jennings.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

This thread once again the extent of the pure and irrational hatred of Catholicism,sadly shared by a disproportionate number of posters on this board

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on July 09, 2017, 09:33:42 PM
This thread once again the extent of the pure and irrational hatred of Catholicism,sadly shared by a disproportionate number of posters on this board

You planned to post that from the very outset didn't you?

Sad man

5 Sams

Good luck to him joining a crew like that...let the lads get married and a lot of problems will be solved. Speaks volumes when one their senior management team is up in front of the beak in Australia on child abuse charges. Sensible intelligent people can see through this shite...blinkered fenians cant.
The Aristocrat Years

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2017, 07:46:10 PM
Let's not have this thread degenerate into the crap that goes with Tony's normal threads...

Having met Philly a few times many years ago when he first signed for Utd and him playing for local GAA club before his big break, I'd hate to see Philly being tarnished with others who abused kids...

I hate seeing the vast majority of priests who don't and haven't abused children tarnished with others who have. Surely you feel the same way about them and not just one who you kind of know personally

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 10, 2017, 12:19:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2017, 07:46:10 PM
Let's not have this thread degenerate into the crap that goes with Tony's normal threads...

Having met Philly a few times many years ago when he first signed for Utd and him playing for local GAA club before his big break, I'd hate to see Philly being tarnished with others who abused kids...

I hate seeing the vast majority of priests who don't and haven't abused children tarnished with others who have. Surely you feel the same way about them and not just one who you kind of know personally

Whether I know the man or met the lad, be he a priest, minister, care worker or teacher is irrelevant... my point is these threads tend to turn out the same way.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

While it is sad to see the extent of irrational anti -Catholicism here and in general,the story of Philip Mulryne is heartwarming and indeed inspirational.The transformation in his life path is evidence of divine intervention,of that I have no doubt.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2017, 07:51:35 AM
While it is sad to see the extent of irrational anti -Catholicism here and in general,the story of Philip Mulryne is heartwarming and indeed inspirational.The transformation in his life path is evidence of divine intervention,of that I have no doubt.
What if trees are God?
Or should we stick with Bronze Age theology?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2017, 07:51:35 AM

And you genuinely have no idea why ? It's not anti Catholicism per se Tony , far from it, I know lots of practising Catholics and apart from sometimes questioning their sanity genuflecting before the sky fairy I do not in any way hate them, even you Tony ! 

T Fearon

Anti Catholicism is not necessarily hatred,and definitely not hatred of ordinary catholic people.It is the irrational extreme aversion  to a faith group based on,I suspect mistakes made by the Church in the past,particularly on its mishandling of child abuse allegations by a relatively few perverted monsters who wormed their way into clerical office,coupled with the contemporary view that God doesn't exist,and those who believe he does,are deluded,unintelligent etc.

Is it too much to expect that people could at least tolerate and respect the views of others that they don't agree with.

The Subbie

Tolerance wasn't exactly a trait the venerated Roman Catholic Church displayed too often in Ireland in the past but now it is expected in return ?
Having pity on otherwise sensible people that worship the sky father is surely akin to most values espoused in Christian parables is it not ?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: LCohen on July 09, 2017, 09:56:35 PM

Sad man
Got it in one. However I think dangerously pathetic, rather than sad, would be a better description of him. He doesn't give a toss about Philip because if he did he'd never have started the thread in the way he did.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2017, 10:01:48 AM

Sad man
Got it in one. However I think dangerously pathetic, rather than sad, would be a better description of him. He doesn't give a toss about Philip because if he did he'd never have started the thread in the way he did.

which is why these threads are started in the first place.... surely the Mods should have these threads deleted when they go the way the normally do? Hate giving oxygen to it but thats the skill of a troll
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2017, 10:01:48 AM

Sad man

Tony is there to get a reaction.

Even knowing that I give him that reaction from time to time. Why? Because he peddles a hatred that has to be challenged. He hates people an he hates logic. Logic drives him mad. He hides behind a dogma and a fiction whilst at the time displaying a selective knowledge and understanding of that dogma. Dogma is all or nothing and Tony can't even do that.

magpie seanie

I hope Tony follows this inspiration and goes away and becomes a priest. Otherwise he's a bit of a hypocrite really isn't he?