Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 07, 2014, 09:52:49 AM
The clutch was gone on mine also from December and  the DMF i never got it fixed until last week and drove away at it.

I never had any noise from my engine or any problem accelerating whilst my clutch and dmf was gone.

Only experienced the loss of power/whirring noise from engine when the Turbo was gone.  Ended up getting all fixed at the one time. Got second hand turbo for £150/190 i cant remember now.

The clutch was jammed and hanging by a thread also but alls fixed now thank god

Other than that the car was running lovely  ;)

tyrone girl

Haha if u had of heard it. Was rattling like feck and thought it would fall apart some day.
Going great now alls fixed its like a new car. Not forgetting 4 bald tyres needed replaced and all oils needed changed and brake pads, brake callipers and wishbone or something LOL so u can imagine the shape of it before  :-[ :o :o

Under Lights

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 07, 2014, 11:35:33 AM
Haha if u had of heard it. Was rattling like feck and thought it would fall apart some day.
Going great now alls fixed its like a new car. Not forgetting 4 bald tyres needed replaced and all oils needed changed and brake pads, brake callipers and wishbone or something LOL so u can imagine the shape of it before  :-[ :o :o

Tell you what you do TG. Drive that car out to Dunmoyle forest. Throw a jar a petrol over the seats and lit it. Walk away.

blewuporstuffed

The next time you are heading out for a drive , let us all know and we can stay off the roads
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Christmas Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 07, 2014, 11:42:52 AM

The next time you are heading out for a drive , let us all know and we can stay off the roads

Probably wouldn't matter the state of the car, she could be driving a brand new BMW 5 series and I still wouldn't want to be within a 30 mile radius if she was driving on the road.

tyrone girl

Guys chill out the cars had everything fixed now and its in great shape. Driving like a new car  ;D ;D

tyrone girl

It actually isnt that was gonna be my next question. Since it came back from mechanic the radio now says CODE wtf does that mean

tyrone girl

No ffs its driving like a dream now im serious. Plenty of years left in it.

NAG1

Quote from: Under Lights on August 07, 2014, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on August 07, 2014, 12:18:01 PM
It actually isnt that was gonna be my next question. Since it came back from mechanic the radio now says CODE wtf does that mean

Sounds like you need the decoding code for your radio.

Just on radios, does any one know where could get a amplifying unit for a radio been told that is why it is picking up any stations?

Under Lights

Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2014, 12:54:43 PM

Just on radios, does any one know where could get a amplifying unit for a radio been told that is why it is picking up any stations?

Screwfix sells them for £57.99

GJL

The code should be in the service book folder in the glove box. If not you will need to get it de-coded.  ;)

southdown

Got a new motor, quite a large saloon and hard to see where the bonnet and boot ends, so its hard to park.  Car has no parking sensors.  Has anyone tried any of these parking sensor kits you buy online?  Any good?

Hereiam

Any man or woman that relys on parking sensors to park a car should be banned from the road for life. End off

NAG1

Quote from: Under Lights on August 07, 2014, 12:58:46 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2014, 12:54:43 PM

Screwfix sells them for £57.99

Sorry am clueless when come to these types of things, are these generic and will work across a range of models or do they have to be purchased with make and model in mind, which is the impression I was given at the time!

rosnarun

I found mine, a 4 digit code, on a sticker near the henge on the drivers door.
its a ford not dure if any other maker follow the same practice
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere