Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 22, 2021, 11:58:54 PM
Commiserations to our dear Nordies, null points for the truly dismal UK entry.

I think Iceland would have won it last year. I watched their 1997 effort at Eurov in Dublin and it was an astonishing performance, though it  hardly got any points, way ahead of its time.
https://youtu.be/b9-Ld4bojTM?t=12

Clutching for a a bite, I hope the UK continue to get shafted in this dismal show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

The UK song was totally crap  but can't help feeling that  the total boycott was also an Asterix inspired Euro 'Merde' to the British.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on May 23, 2021, 12:20:45 AM
The UK song was totally crap  but can't help feeling that  the total boycott was also an Asterix inspired Euro 'Merde' to the British.

Same thing happened after the Iraq invasion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on May 23, 2021, 12:29:17 AM

They've been last or nearly last since the first invasion. I think it would be better if it was broke down to wales Scotland, then they wound really be last
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2021, 12:53:28 AM

They've been last or nearly last since the first invasion. I think it would be better if it was broke down to wales Scotland, then they wound really be last

Won't be long until Scotland is in it anyway.

I thought Ireland had made it but obviously was wrong. I never understood why we don't enter a song showing off our traditional instruments and music. Europe goes mad for Irish  music, and even if you never win, at least you're showcasing your national music and sound, staying true to yourself. Instead of the bollix we send to it. Sure it's nothing more than a hideous karaoke nowadays.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on May 23, 2021, 09:39:33 AM

I thought Ireland had made it but obviously was wrong. I never understood why we don't enter a song showing off our traditional instruments and music. Europe goes mad for Irish  music, and even if you never win, at least you're showcasing your national music and sound, staying true to yourself. Instead of the bollix we send to it. Sure it's nothing more than a hideous karaoke nowadays.

Said the same last night. In fact all nations should have to produce a song in their native language with traditional instruments. Ireland would give it a rare blast alright but let's face it, Ireland don't want to win it as it is too expensive to run!

BennyCake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 23, 2021, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 23, 2021, 09:39:33 AM

Said the same last night. In fact all nations should have to produce a song in their native language with traditional instruments. Ireland would give it a rare blast alright but let's face it, Ireland don't want to win it as it is too expensive to run!

Is that you Dick Byrne?  ;D

The winners from 1995 and 1996, Europeans would lap that stuff right up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqOI04uo_c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdRtIM45ts

From the Bunker

Best song won. There is a snobbery that a rock/punk song can't be any good. That's it. Gimmicks and tricks will only get you so far. Ireland and UK are trying to hard to fit in. Be yourself, do the style you are best at. If the UK's foreign policy is not liked and affecting their Eurovision results, what the he'll is going on with Israel who do well annually and won the competition 3 years ago?

johnnycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2021, 12:03:08 PM
Best song won. There is a snobbery that a rock/punk song can't be any good. That's it. Gimmicks and tricks will only get you so far. Ireland and UK are trying to hard to fit in. Be yourself, do the style you are best at. If the UK's foreign policy is not liked and affecting their Eurovision results, what the he'll is going on with Israel who do well annually and won the competition 3 years ago?

European guilt complex.

UK talking about doing a dustin the turkey type parody but I thought they'd been doing that for years.

Roll out Bucks Fizz I say.

BennyCake

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2021, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2021, 12:03:08 PM

European guilt complex.

UK talking about doing a dustin the turkey type parody but I thought they'd been doing that for years.

Roll out Bucks Fizz I say.

Didn't Israel win because they had the freak act?, ie. a big fat lesbian dressed like a clown. Usually the freakiest weirdo wins.

The skirt ripping would piss off the feminists/millennials/politically correct/whingy bastards these days though.

Even more reason to bring it back then!

Taylor

Looks like the Colombian marching powder worked for the Italians anyway!

Captain Obvious

Ukraine the clear favourites this year (no need to guess why) one lyric in the song "I'll always find my way home even if all the roads are destroyed"

Capt Pat

Well that didn't work out for Ireland. At least it looks like the Ukraine situation will stop what might have been a UK win.

ONeill

The countries that gave UK nahin in the public vote:

Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

The Spain ass got plenty of the popular vote.