1 (0.6%)
Last 16
15 (8.5%)
Third in the group and Europa League
41 (23.3%)
Bottom of the group
65 (36.9%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1721614 times)

clarshack

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #18945 on: May 11, 2022, 10:56:00 PM »
Poor 2nd half but champions again and thatís all that matters.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: May 11, 2022, 11:03:16 PM »
Reported in the Irish News today that Jota has told Benfica he wants to stay in Glasgow, Celtic have the option to buy for £6.5m.

Plus, in News sure to enrage Angelo, Mark Lawwell (son of the devil Peter) joins as Head of 1st team scouting & recruitment. Wouldn't have been aware of his track record tbh, but looks pretty impressive and Ange has worked with him before.
I don't know about Mark the son of Peter, but totally positive about the prospect of Jota signing on the dotted line.

Mark was doing a good job at City for several years now.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: May 11, 2022, 11:20:01 PM »
Reported in the Irish News today that Jota has told Benfica he wants to stay in Glasgow, Celtic have the option to buy for £6.5m.

Plus, in News sure to enrage Angelo, Mark Lawwell (son of the devil Peter) joins as Head of 1st team scouting & recruitment. Wouldn't have been aware of his track record tbh, but looks pretty impressive and Ange has worked with him before.
I don't know about Mark the son of Peter, but totally positive about the prospect of Jota signing on the dotted line.
Mark was doing a good job at City for several years now.
I suspect the Jota's declining to declare his intentions in interviews is due to upcoming contract negotiations, like most of us he would probably be looking for a bit of a raise after showing what he's worth.

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: May 12, 2022, 01:02:21 AM »
I didn't realize David Clifford was a big Celtic fan good for him.

https://youtu.be/wXAnyyCql94

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: May 12, 2022, 10:54:10 AM »
Great to reclaim the league and even better the sevco fans now acting like they donít care  ;D
Ange has worked wonders from he came in, he stuck with the process and has the playersí buy-in. Heís been on the go for 1 & 1/2 seasons straight and hasnít been back in Oz in 2 years, some going which canít go unappreciated. A well-deserved break is in order although the squad needs strengthened ahead of the ECL group stages, I see Celtic are now being linked with the left back from Hammarby in Sweden. I donít know a whole pile about him although Iíd also like to see another central midfielder, a centre back and possibly a striker

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #18950 on: May 12, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »
I don't get the permanent banning of Boli. He broke the rules with an act of stupidity, he should take his punishment, rehabilitate and afterwards return to place of employment.

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: May 14, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »
Fantastic scenes today. What really strikes me is the togetherness. Compare that to the carry on with Lennon last season. Well done Celtic and well done Ange. 4 or 5 quality signings needed to make an impression in the CL. I trust him to spend wisely.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: May 14, 2022, 08:00:03 PM »
Big Tom will be some loss, could be a lazy looking sod at times but the amount of game changing contributions were numerous  & normally pure quality. Good luck to him & Bitton.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: May 14, 2022, 09:45:26 PM »
Whyís Rogic leaving. On his day heís Celticís best player and the match winner. Massive loss

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: May 15, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »
Whyís Rogic leaving. On his day heís Celticís best player and the match winner. Massive loss

Possibly, moving back to Australia. Moved to Celtic as a teenager, been with club for 9 years. Life is more important than football.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: May 15, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »

Possibly, moving back to Australia. Moved to Celtic as a teenager, been with club for 9 years. Life is more important than football.

No doubt but itís his job and itís a short life span. I hope itís nothing to do with some internal politics within the squad or club.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: May 15, 2022, 03:52:49 PM »

No doubt but itís his job and itís a short life span. I hope itís nothing to do with some internal politics within the squad or club.
Ange said it was agreed early on in the season, a mutual decision which both were content with and it looked that way at the end of the match.