The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Well said.. For all our sakes I hope your wishes come to pass :)

Eamonnca1

seafoid

This is quite good apart maybe from 9

10 Reasons Why Romney Will Lose lost

http://www.progressive.org/10-reasons-why-romney-will-lose

10 Reasons Why Romney Will Lose lost
By Matthew Rothschild, November 5, 2012

1. He had the worst September since the Chicago Cubs in '69
a. His screw up in England
b. The controversy over releasing his tax returns
c. His campaign adviser saying "Etch a Sketch"
d. And that video with him dismissing 47% of the electorate in the most derogatory way.

2. The Neanderthal Republicans on Rape

a. Todd Akin
b. Richard Mourdock
c. Paul Ryan
Not many women in America—or men, for that matter—are so coldhearted that they would force women to bear the offspring of the rapist who impregnated them.

3. The slowly improving economy
Oh, how the Republicans wished it had gotten worse, not better.

4. Romney's constantly changing colors

a. On FEMA
b. On the auto bailout
c. On contraceptions
d. On Afghanistan

To say that Romney is a chameleon is to insult chameleons everywhere.

5. Romney's flagrant lying

a. The Jeep jobs to China
b. On Obama and the deficit
c. On the Affordable Care Act allegedly costing 20 million people to lose their health insurance.

6. Romney, the vulture capitalist

a. See Bainport
b. See Obama commercial with worker laid off by Romney

7. Opposing the auto bailout

This killed him in Ohio and Michigan.

8. Minority Support for Obama

a. African Americans
b. Latinos
c. Gays and lesbians

9. Obama's Progressive Rhetoric

As he put it in Madison, "The folks at the very top: They don't need another champion in Washington."

10. SandyObama demonstrated leadership, and the images of him with Chris Christie were worth millions of dollars in paid advertisements.

Christie's praise of Obama was an "Et tu, Brutus" moment for Romney.

omochain

Eamonn
Gavin Newsom   ... You have been living too close to San Francisco for too long.
Any man who could turn a woman to the FOXside is seriously handicaped from the get go.
BTW Great job promoting the Stanford Hurling team

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 07, 2012, 08:07:04 AM
Joe Biden 2016
or
Gavin Newsom 2020
I think guessing runners in 2016 is like guessing who'll be footballer of the year in 2016.
Back in 2008 everyone thought Palin would be the candidate this year.   

nifan

Donald Trump doing his thing again.
On twitter "We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty"

AQMP

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2012, 08:20:09 AM
This is quite good apart maybe from 9

Christie's praise of Obama was an "Et tu, Brutus" moment for Romney.

FFS "Et tu, Brute", as any fule kno, the vocative case of Brutus.

Congrats to Obama. :)

Canalman

Have to say I liked Romney and thought he conducted himself well. Happy with a small "h "to see Obama win but not too pushed either way.

Reckon that Ryan is a big winner today and will give 2016 a right shot.

Whatever happened to Jeb Bush (sic)  recently? Almost sure he speaks Spanish and might be the guy to reverse  back  from the demographic cul de sac the Republicans seem to have driven up.

Any US posters here think he is in with a shot.

glens abu

Quote from: stew on November 07, 2012, 07:07:56 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 06, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
I think we still see Obama there in the morning, couldn't do much with America economy, dont think anyone could. I wonder do Americans remember that Clinton left America in very good economic terms, hand over to republicans, fire in an odd war or two, and the economy went down the pan. Its abit like over here, Enda gets it in the neck but the reality is no matter who is in power we fucked, as we over st-recthing ourselves past 10yrs and now the Huns have us by the balls!!

I hope Mr Obama grabs the opportunity America has given him and leads the country with excellence and greatness.

I hope the Republicans have the integrity to work with the president, not against him and that compromise can be reached and solutions found to fix the ills that pervade the American economy.

Good luck president Obama, I wish you well and hope that you can reach your stated objectives, this is the greatest of countries and I hope you achieve all of your stated goals and all you aspire to achieve for the US of A.

At killing others :o

Harold Disgracey

Kudos to the people of Wisconsin on electing Tammy Baldwin. The first openly gay person to be returned to the Senate I believe.

Shamrock Shore

Donald Trump is a complete and utter bell end.

So 2016?

Paul Ryan v Billary?

seafoid

That Romney shite about the US being the greatest nation ever is pure plámás.
Genghis Khan never lost in Afghanistan. 

screenexile

Quote from: nifan on November 07, 2012, 09:10:22 AM
Donald Trump doing his thing again.
On twitter "We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty"

What a dick.

Some lad on Twitter posted up "I'll give you $5million if you can prove you're not a ****!"

I thought it was a good one.

deiseach

A good night, extremism has taken a beating - I'd have wanted Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock to lose before Mitt Romney. Will the Republicans learn the lesson that you can't rely on the votes of white men to win you elections? We'll see. However, what has to happen is an end to the worthless pundits who predicted landslide victories for Romney. George Will predicted that Romney would win Minnesota. This is a a state that voted for Walter Mondale, for chrissake! Peggy Noonan dismissed the polls on the basis that she saw more Romney/Ryan signs outside houses. Karl Rove spat his dummy out when Fox called Ohio for Obama. These clowns bleat about the 47% who take without wanting to give, yet they stay in their jobs despite being wrong all the time. There must be an end to incompetence in the press corps. I won't hold my breath though.