Ingrown Toenail

Started by pedro, January 11, 2008, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Iceman

I had problems on both big toes about 4 years ago in armagh.  Went to a girl who works out of her house (she works FT in a hospital) she lives up beside the Navan fort - think it might have been 20quid or something

it comes back now and again on the right toe but as others have said - I just take care of it now myself

if you cant manage to get anything in under the nail i have used a razor blade and slowly tracked a line down the nail.  You dont need to go too deep before there will be enough slack in it to use the clippers to rip it out

sore for a few hours after but will end your misery
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Mhic Easmuint

Had bother with these in the past and went to the doctors and they just cut it out. 
Now if it occurs I just cut it out myself, a small pair of sharp scissors, cut down the middle of the nail right to the root and then rip it out.  Then cover it for a few days with some antiinfection cream and does the job.

Puckoon

Knock on wood, Ive never had one, but isnt this...

Quote from: tram on January 17, 2008, 07:59:08 PM
Flippin have one myself at the moment. Went round to see the nurse at the local health centre this morning, advised me to immerse it in salt water before going to bed for a week, a treatment of antibiotics and a lock of small dressings.

a bit drastic??

rrhf

Id reccomend at least a week in bed.  lets say 2 weeks.