The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

26 million - 1 shot in my group today. Back to back hole in ones on the same hole. Awesome stuff!

screenexile

Who do we fancy this weekend lads?

Rory can do one there's no way I'm backing him having changed his putter again!!!

Matsuyama has been off the boil the last few months as well so I'll give him a miss. Rahm probably worth a shout but 20/1 isn't fantastic odds for him. I'll probably waste a bit of money on Spieth as he looks like he's reasonably sharp the last few weeks but DJ has to be the main man odds wise and form wise.

Thanks,
James

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2017, 05:09:15 PM
Who do we fancy this weekend lads?

Rory can do one there's no way I'm backing him having changed his putter again!!!

Matsuyama has been off the boil the last few months as well so I'll give him a miss. Rahm probably worth a shout but 20/1 isn't fantastic odds for him. I'll probably waste a bit of money on Spieth as he looks like he's reasonably sharp the last few weeks but DJ has to be the main man odds wise and form wise.

Thanks,
James

Think ill bet on day for this one although I think dj will be hard to beat. With very thick rough it's gonna take a very straight driver which might also bring rory into the mix. He's maybe just lacking competition practice but if he hits form with his new putter he could go well.

Gabriel_Hurl

With the rough they have - I'd be counting Speith out - he's been wayward off the tee lately

Orior

Quote from: Puckoon on June 04, 2017, 02:10:00 AM
26 million - 1 shot in my group today. Back to back hole in ones on the same hole. Awesome stuff!

Were you the third to tee up? Did you reach the dance floor?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cornerback

Any reports on warrenpoint golf course?

Low and Hard

I really fancy DJ this week. A real monster of a course with 4 par 5s. 8/1 about looks a fair price for the best player in the world atm.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Low and Hard on June 12, 2017, 11:21:48 PM
I really fancy DJ this week. A real monster of a course with 4 par 5s. 8/1 about looks a fair price for the best player in the world atm.

And the 18th can play 680 yards at longest  :o
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Low and Hard

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on June 12, 2017, 11:49:39 PM
Quote from: Low and Hard on June 12, 2017, 11:21:48 PM

And the 18th can play 680 yards at longest  :o

That is crazy long. I think the USGA could come in for a lot of stick again this week with the course layout, you'd think they'd learn after the farces in recent years.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 12, 2017, 09:31:32 PM
With the rough they have - I'd be counting Speith out - he's been wayward off the tee lately
Paper today says it's a very forgiving golf course, not at all like the usual US Open courses. So big hitters very much favoured and don't necessarily have to be always straight.

beer baron

Quote from: Hound on June 13, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
Paper today says it's a very forgiving golf course, not at all like the usual US Open courses. So big hitters very much favoured and don't necessarily have to be always straight.

Has Bubba hit any kind of form of late?

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: beer baron on June 13, 2017, 03:51:21 PM

Has Bubba hit any kind of form of late?

Finished Tied 6th at the Memorial (Jack Nicklaus) tournament a few weeks ago - was joint leading though from memory with 6 holes to play and wheels came off
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Low and Hard

Look up the video of Kevin Na playing out of rough!!

Puckoon

I Don't like Speith for this either. Just doesn't seem to be on his game this year much.

I've drawn #5 pick in a pool for the Open so realistically DJ, JS, Rory and Day will all have gone by the time it gets to me. I'm looking at Rahm (first open is the downside, maybe), Rose, Stenson - Garcia as an outside bet out of those lads I think. If Stenson can hang for the 4 days he might be my pick. Rose or Rahm wouldn't break my heart either.

Orior

Quote from: Low and Hard on June 13, 2017, 04:01:55 PM

Look up the video of Kevin Na playing out of rough!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINHM9T-NBE

He'll never be a big name
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians