US Open 2017

Started by DrinkingHarp, June 13, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Horschel starts of with 9 on his first hole.

Paul Dunne -1 through 6.

Gooch leading so far at -2,  that is Talor Gooch from Oklahoma.

It will be a windy day later.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Boycey

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2017, 09:15:02 AM
Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: stew on June 13, 2017, 11:58:21 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 13, 2017, 07:36:29 PM
The weather will play a factor this weekend as they are calling for storms on Friday and Sunday throughout those days.

Top three should be Hideki, Rory and Henrik with Hideki winning by 3-4. 25 ea to win.

Looking at the odds throughout the field I am throwing 10 each on the following to win for best ROI.

Koepka         40-1
Duffner         50-1
Horschel       65-1
Snedeker      80-1
Niebrugge   275-1

I will pick my tenner bets the morra. Hitting it straight and long is a premium however putting is king at tge us open so my money will not be anywhere Rory.

This is the same Rory that has won the US Open before like?

Not the same Rory, that Rory was up among the best putters in the world at the time he won his US Open, so no, to answer your question, this is not the same Rory!

I hope he wins it but no money will be going on him from my pocket.

Ok then you think the current world no 2 can't putt??

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on June 15, 2017, 03:24:19 PM
Quote from: stew on June 15, 2017, 09:15:02 AM
Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: stew on June 13, 2017, 11:58:21 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 13, 2017, 07:36:29 PM
The weather will play a factor this weekend as they are calling for storms on Friday and Sunday throughout those days.

Top three should be Hideki, Rory and Henrik with Hideki winning by 3-4. 25 ea to win.

Looking at the odds throughout the field I am throwing 10 each on the following to win for best ROI.

Koepka         40-1
Duffner         50-1
Horschel       65-1
Snedeker      80-1
Niebrugge   275-1

I will pick my tenner bets the morra. Hitting it straight and long is a premium however putting is king at tge us open so my money will not be anywhere Rory.

This is the same Rory that has won the US Open before like?

Not the same Rory, that Rory was up among the best putters in the world at the time he won his US Open, so no, to answer your question, this is not the same Rory!

I hope he wins it but no money will be going on him from my pocket.

Ok then you think the current world no 2 can't putt??

The current Masters Champion can't putt and either can Lee Westwood. If these lads win they generally have an OK day with the putter compared to a Spieth or a Jason Day!

DrinkingHarp

Rickie Bobby looked good yesterday but can he stay out of the rough the next three rounds?

After watching the highlights last night I think it will come down to Snedeker, Koepka, Fleetwood, Sergio and Westwood.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

Rory's balance upset his swing yesterday. Possibly caused by extra weight down his left side. Actually his left arm. Specifically, his left hand.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

I think Rory needs to just shut up as his foot in mouth syndrome kicks in again. He was slagging off the USGA for cutting the rough

Wednesday - "if you cant land the ball in 60yards of fairway you shouldn't be out here"

Thursday - He was in that rough 5 times! (The rough that has been cut back making the fairways and light rough even wider)!!!!!!!

GaillimhIarthair

You would wonder what input JP is permitted with Rory - there were a number of times last night when he should have hit 3 wood off the tee and worked to keep himself in the tournament when he was struggling so much with the new driver.

Also, you just cant rock up to a major and expect to perform when you have as little golf played YTD as Rory - its a different game when you have a card in your arse pocket!

screenexile

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 16, 2017, 10:46:23 AM
You would wonder what input JP is permitted with Rory - there were a number of times last night when he should have hit 3 wood off the tee and worked to keep himself in the tournament when he was struggling so much with the new driver.

Also, you just cant rock up to a major and expect to perform when you have as little golf played YTD as Rory - its a different game when you have a card in your arse pocket!

In that case I wouldn't think it's the caddy has much of an influence Rory hits his driver when he can and I don't think JP has much of  a say in that. Also I think tee shots for par 4s and 5s would have been decided beforehand unless significant wind would change their decision.

Not a good start from Rory as most expected but he's still capable of going out today and getting himself above the cut line and then anything can happen over a weekend. Daniel Berger as well won last week and has the same score as Rory.

Ricky in control of his driver is a formidable prospect especially the way he putts!

Orior

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 16, 2017, 10:46:23 AM

Rory was driving so badly that on the shortish 15th hole he decided to take a 3-wood for safety. He put it in the rough.

JP is a yes man.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Pin positions for today . . . Ricky would seem to have angered the USGA!!

laoislad

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 16, 2017, 10:31:27 AM
I think Rory needs to just shut up as his foot in mouth syndrome kicks in again. He was slagging off the USGA for cutting the rough

Wednesday - "if you cant land the ball in 60yards of fairway you shouldn't be out here"

Thursday - He was in that rough 5 times! (The rough that has been cut back making the fairways and light rough even wider)!!!!!!!

Lolz  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2017, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 16, 2017, 10:31:27 AM

Lolz  ;D

Cert. Most likely wont even make the cut now

Gabriel_Hurl

Himself and Day both gone

JPGJOHNNYG

Rory handbags with Ellington on twitter. Ellington a bit of a dick but Rory then comes across as an even bigger dick. Like I said he just needs to shut up but he can't help himself the twit.

Boycey

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 17, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Rory handbags with Ellington on twitter. Ellington a bit of a dick but Rory then comes across as an even bigger dick. Like I said he just needs to shut up but he can't help himself the twit.

Why should he shut up, good to see a guy standing up for himself