Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: skeog on June 18, 2017, 05:14:53 PM
Rory Gallagher very abrupt on the highland radio interview afterwards told the interviewer not to be asking stupid questions.

Seething?

stew

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 18, 2017, 05:16:48 PM
Colm Cavanagh delivered a masterclass today.

Great performance but Donegal threw the towel in when Tyrone got on top so not an awful can be read from that.

Cavanagh did indeed deliver a masterclass, he absolutely destroyed the Donegal captain and that does not happen very often.

I have never seen a Donegal team give so much space to any opposition let alone a team like Tyrone, they were toothless and offered very little in terms of commitment in the tackle and they were very badly outcoached, Donegal will grow from this and their youngsters now know what it takes at the Ulster championship level, they were found wanting but if they get a run in the qualifiers they could still have a say in this years championship.

As for Tyrone, they were very professional today but they will not be happy with the late goal and sloppy play in the last ten minutes, that said the game was well in hand and they sent a message to the Dubs and Kerry etc, great day out for Tyrone, Donegal, not so much. 
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 18, 2017, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: skeog on June 18, 2017, 05:14:53 PM
Rory Gallagher very abrupt on the highland radio interview afterwards told the interviewer not to be asking stupid questions.

Seething?

You can hardly blame the lad. After getting humiliated you hardly need stupid questions thrown at u!

Fuzzman

I think we had 12 different scorers again today. I think the plan is we don't need corner forwards any more.
Gallagher under pressure I'd say. They collapsed today and couldn't break through the blanket.
What question was he asked?

twohands!!!

Quote from: stew on June 18, 2017, 05:46:40 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 18, 2017, 05:16:48 PM
Colm Cavanagh delivered a masterclass today.

Great performance but Donegal threw the towel in when Tyrone got on top so not an awful can be read from that.

Cavanagh did indeed deliver a masterclass, he absolutely destroyed the Donegal captain and that does not happen very often.

I have never seen a Donegal team give so much space to any opposition let alone a team like Tyrone, they were toothless and offered very little in terms of commitment in the tackle and they were very badly outcoached, Donegal will grow from this and their youngsters now know what it takes at the Ulster championship level, they were found wanting but if they get a run in the qualifiers they could still have a say in this years championship.

As for Tyrone, they were very professional today but they will not be happy with the late goal and sloppy play in the last ten minutes, that said the game was well in hand and they sent a message to the Dubs and Kerry etc, great day out for Tyrone, Donegal, not so much.

I would say that even from very early on the Donegal defence failed to put anything like sufficient pressure on the Tyrone shooters. Was amazed at how easily Tyrone players got through to scoring positions with barely a hand laid on them and the amount of shots they had under minimal pressure.

Gallagher will need to get a couple of performances out of them in the qualifiers or he will be out the door.

larryin89

Delighted to hear that Gallagher was fuming. A nasty horrible individual.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: larryin89 on June 18, 2017, 06:10:27 PM

What's this to do with?

TabClear

Quote from: lenny on June 18, 2017, 04:21:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2017, 03:54:15 PM
Ridiculous black card for Bradley.

Totally agree, it wasn't a deliberate trip. Having said that once it was given it should have been a free out for a foul.

Especually given the 3 yellows  to dobegal for the neck grabs.  Maybe by the letter of the law they were all correct but that's two soft blacks Tyrone have got for trips this year.  Don't think either warrants a black or was what the rule was intended to deal with.

BennyHarp

Great performance by Tyrone, superb individual performances from McGeary, Sludden, Cavanagh and my MoM Tiernan McCann. He was everywhere today and barely put a foot wrong. To think there's people on the Tyrone thread that think that he isn't  worth his place on the team. Donegal were exceptionally poor - young lads just not ready and Gallagher is being found out.
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on June 18, 2017, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2017, 03:53:28 PM
Excellent display form TYRONE. Are they genuine contenders? I think they are

They might be a Conor McManus type player away from beating a Kerry and Dublin.  One in a season maybe but I would doubt they could beat both.

Will they need to beat both this year?

tothetop03

Not a fan of Gallagher either...could not beat him by enough...

rrhf

Let the Donegal folk deal with their manager. I felt the performance of the Tyrone young uns trumped the old guys except for cc of course a real good sign that they are nearing ready for bigger battles.

omaghjoe

Quote from: tothetop03 on June 18, 2017, 07:27:06 PM

Not a fan of Gallagher either...could not beat him by enough...

I'll add my distain also....dick!

imtommygunn

He seems to get a bad rep everywhere he goes.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2017, 08:56:17 PM
Let the Donegal folk deal with their manager. I felt the performance of the Tyrone young uns trumped the old guys except for cc of course a real good sign that they are nearing ready for bigger battles.

Thought McGeary and Hampsey were both superb. Was Meyler injured?

Wouldn't envisage any changes for the Ulster final if we have no injury concerns. Hopefully Mulgrew just suffered a knock, he did a great job on McHugh.