Astronomy Thread

Started by ONeill, October 06, 2010, 09:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I think one of these planets would make an excellent home for the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: armaghniac on February 24, 2017, 11:59:46 PM

if you tell them God made it for them, they just might go.

Windmill abu

Quote from: armaghniac on February 24, 2017, 11:59:46 PM

Which one. The Orange one near the star or one of the further out ones which might need a renewable heating scheme to warm them up?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Orior

Major announcement by NASA on Thursday.

https://www.space.com/39032-nasa-alien-planet-kepler-discovery-announcement.html

Will this confirm that we're not alone?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Not astronomy as such but that double booster landing from Falcon Heavy was pure class.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

That was just about the most enjoyable 15 minutes of viewing I've seen in a long time. Turned it on probably in the same frame of mind as I watch the odd F1 race (might see a good crash here) but found the whole thing super. Great launch and the return of the two boosters, with synchronised landings to boot!, the "lad" in the car with Bowie playing, and "Don't Panic" on the display. It was class.

I hadn't looked into in all prior to watching it, so pretty much everything was a surprise, which I supposed helped my awe and wonder. And watching it with kids helped too!

Presume the Core thingy that was supposed to land on the drone ship didn't work out as planned!   

BenDover

Quote from: Hound on February 07, 2018, 08:43:54 AM
That was just about the most enjoyable 15 minutes of viewing I've seen in a long time. Turned it on probably in the same frame of mind as I watch the odd F1 race (might see a good crash here) but found the whole thing super. Great launch and the return of the two boosters, with synchronised landings to boot!, the "lad" in the car with Bowie playing, and "Don't Panic" on the display. It was class.

I hadn't looked into in all prior to watching it, so pretty much everything was a surprise, which I supposed helped my awe and wonder. And watching it with kids helped too!

Presume the Core thingy that was supposed to land on the drone ship didn't work out as planned!
It was reported that only one of the three core engines ignited and it missed the drone ship by about 300m.