FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Given that on paper the ROI would have the edge on quality (though debatable) the difference has to be in the coaching surely?

Dire Ear

Am I the only one who expects more of McGeady?

mouview

AZOffaly

An Watcher

If the Welsh don't beat the Georgians there is a very good chance they'll have nothing to play for against us, assuming we beat the Moldovans.  After looking through the groups I believe that only Scotland's or Greece's group would allow Wales to sneak into the play offs after beating us. 
It would make a helluva difference having to win in Wales when the home team have nothing to play for but second place and 9th place of the second places teams. 

bogball88

If anyone hears of a spare ticket going for the Wales match next week please let me know, like hens teeth at the moment

JPGJOHNNYG

Bale out. Expect O Neill to set up for a draw against Moldova lol. All joking aside it can only get better. For the Wales, Austria and Georgia matches we were shite and could have lost the lot of them. We played better against Sebia but lost go fiigure. To be honest 2 wins still looks pretty doable if you didnt have the previous muck form to go on

laoislad

Will two wins even be enough for a play-off?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

magpie seanie

So beat Moldova Friday and then break out the Fellaini wigs Saturday!

TheOptimist

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2017, 02:46:54 PM

...But if Bosnia slip up Greece can catch them and be on 13 points. 2 wins should do it. Or if Wales slip up a draw against Maldova and win over Wales will even prob do.

shark

Quote from: TheOptimist on October 03, 2017, 03:06:10 PM

...But if Bosnia slip up Greece can catch them and be on 13 points. 2 wins should do it. Or if Wales slip up a draw against Maldova and win over Wales will even prob do.

Yeah, could do with Cyprus taking something from Greece.

magpie seanie

Quote from: TheOptimist on October 03, 2017, 03:06:10 PM

Greece are away to Cyprus which is a tough game too. Cyprus beat Bosnia there.

red hander

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 03, 2017, 11:38:45 AM
Bale out. Expect O Neill to set up for a draw against Moldova lol. All joking aside it can only get better. For the Wales, Austria and Georgia matches we were shite and could have lost the lot of them. We played better against Sebia but lost go fiigure. To be honest 2 wins still looks pretty doable if you didnt have the previous muck form to go on

Georgia did us a favour against Scotland a couple of years back and I believe they can do us a favour again. Was in Tbilisi and they are a decent side, not that we were great.  It's shaping up to be a repeat of the last qualifying scenario me thinks  :)