The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2017, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: stew on February 24, 2017, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2017, 01:59:30 PM
This is how batshit crazy the democrats are. "settled science" indeed.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5335054653001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

Jaw dropping stuff from the looney left, lack of accountability, inability to answer many questions without deflecting, making shit up, like 'settled science' That was a bad a beating as I have ever seen on a news show like that, it was incredible, I even felt bad for the stupid b**tard!

I am a father of two girls and would not want males walking into the bathrooms of my daughters claiming they were female.

As for real transgender kids, there should be federal funding to supply a bathroom at every school to make sure they are taken care of.

Foxcommander thanks for putting that up, it illustrates perfectly how fucked up the left is, damn I despise the far left with all my heart, and f**k the far right too for that matter.

Lets meet in the middle people.

So on the one hand, you want federal funding to take care of the bathroom needs of transgender kids, and on the other, the left is fucked up, looney and dishonest for advocating for them. And you want to "meet in the middle".

All right then!

Eh everybody deserves to be taken care of, transgender kids deserve to be treated as human beings ffs, they should not be going to bathrooms with a gender they do not identify with.

Again I dont want boys in the same bathroom as my girls and I dont want transgender kids in there either!

Why would I want these kids not to have their own facilities that boys and girls do?

If you believe in this so called science and think that tube and his stance has merit you need help!

When I mentioned meeting in the middle I meant the political parties, this division at the minute is a disaster and getting worse, what is wrong with wanted both left and right to bend enough to work together?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Eamonnca1

Dissent is now being stifled. Trump's war on the free press is ramping up.

QuoteWhite House blocks news organizations from press briefing

CNN and other news organizations were blocked Friday from an off-camera White House press briefing.

There was no immediate explanation from the White House.

The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and Politico were also excluded from the meeting, which is known as a gaggle and is less formal than the televised Q-and-A session in the White House briefing room.

The conservative media organizations Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were allowed in.

The Associated Press and Time magazine boycotted the briefing because of how it was handled.

The White House Correspondents Association also protested the move.

"The WHCA board is protesting strongly against how today's gaggle is being handled by the White House," it said in a statement. "We encourage the organizations that were allowed in to share the material with others in the press corps who were not. The board will be discussing this further with White House staff."

In a separate statement, New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet wrote, "Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties. We strongly protest the exclusion of The New York Times and the other news organizations. Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national interest."

Hours earlier, at the Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington, President Trump mocked and disparaged the news media. He said that much of the press represents "the enemy of the people."

"They are the enemy of the people because they have no sources," Trump said. "They just make them up when there are none."
He also said reporters "shouldn't be allowed" to use unnamed sources.

I await Foxcommander's justification for this with great interest.

Eamonnca1

A friend of mine has been posting these every day since the tangerine gobshite took office. They're a pretty decent summary of each day's chaos:

POTUS
• Held a roundtable with manufacturing CEOs this morning.

• Commented on the immigration enforcement actions, saying, "You see what's happening at the border. All of a sudden for the first time, we're getting gang members out. We're getting drug lords out. We're getting really bad dudes out of this country, and at a rate that nobody's ever seen before."
Tell that to the woman arrested in a courthouse while getting a restraining order against her boyfriend.

• Mischaracterized the state of US trade relations, saying, 'Find a country where we actually do well.' So far we haven't found that country. It's just losses with everybody." The US Census Bureau actually has a comprehensive webpage detailing month-by-month trade statistics including country-by-country trade surpluses.

I'm Sorry Your Dad Didn't Hug You

• During the manufacturing CEO roundtable, POTUS made GE CEO Jeff Immelt tell a story about the time the President hit a hole-in-one. The President followed up with, "I said I was the best golfer of all the rich people."
CPAC

• Betsy DeVos opened her speech with, "[I'm] perhaps the first person to tell Bernie Sanders to his face that there's no such thing as a free lunch."
The National School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program operating in over 100,000 public and non‐profit private schools and residential child care institutions. It provided nutritionally balanced, low‐cost or free lunches to more than 31 million children each school day in 2012.

• Chief ethno-nationalist Steve Bannon and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus did an Edgar Bergen & Charlie routine on stage. Bannon declared that the new administration is in an unending battle for "deconstruction of the administrative state."

• American Conservative Union executive director Dan Schneider tried to run away from the alt-right, claiming that they are, in fact, "garden variety, left-wing, fascists."

Ah yes, the good old "Commie-Nazis." Makes perfect sense.

That's Not How This Works

• Concerned about the CNN and New York Times stories outlining FBI investigations into Trump team contacts with Russia, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus asked the FBI to tell the press that there were no connections between the Trump campaign or his associates and Russia. Such a request from the White House is a violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI on pending investigations and as such FBI Director James Comey rejected the request.

Wagging the Dog

• The President has asked DHS & DOJ to create a post-facto justification for the seven-country travel ban. They are putting together an intelligence report that will show that the "countries have all been exporters of terrorism into the United States," and "the refugee program has been a major incubator for terrorism."

The report should be interesting, seeing as how neither of these statements are borne out by facts. DHS's in-house intelligence arm, the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, issued a report that clashes with the administration's position that nationality is a good predictor of terrorism.

• Spicey told the daily press briefing that the DOJ will be "taking action" against states that have legalized recreational marijuana.
So if you're keeping score at home, that's equal protection for transgender students: state's rights. Getting high: federal matter.
For-Profit Prisons

• Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Thursday the Justice Department would "rescind" the department's previous directive to scale back the use of private prisons.

The Obama administration announced it would wind down the use of private prisons in August, because investigative journalism and inspector general reports showed that private prisons were deficeint in services, resources, cost-saving, safety & security for inmates and corrections officers.
GEO Group ($275,00 to pro-Trump super PAC Rebuilding America Now) stock price has gained 98.2% and CoreCivic ($250,000 to Trump inaugural) is up 136.8% since Nov. 8, 2016.

Support Our Troops

• Part of the new immigration enforcement memos issued this week ends the Parole in Place program, which allowed close undocumented relatives of U.S. service members and veterans to apply for a green card without leaving the U.S., keeping military families together.
Travel & Tourism

• Frommer's reports on a "Trump Slump." Tourism is down 6.8% since the travel ban was announced, imperiling jobs and touristic income. The fall-off is not limited to Muslim travelers, but also extends to all incoming foreign tourists. On the web, flight searches for trips heading to the U.S. out of all international locations was recently down by 17%.

A drop of that magnitude, if continued, would reduce the value of foreign travel within the U.S. by billions of dollars. The knock-on effect to hospitality, service, tourism, & transportation industries would easily be into several hundreds of thousands of workers.
The States

• Arizona Republicans are attempting to effectively snuff out First Amendment rights. The Senate voted in favor of a law that will expand the definition of racketeering and allow the arrest of anyone on the street during a protest that results in property damage, and the seizure of their assets.
Baghdad Bobbie

• A group of law professors from around the country has filed a professional misconduct complaint against White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, a member of the D.C. Bar. The letter requests Conway be sanctioned for violating government ethics rules and "conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation."

"Ms. Conway's conduct was so outside the norm for a member of the legal profession," Smith said. "What prompted our complaint was a combination of the specific conduct that Ms. Conway engaged in plus the fact that she holds such a high public office."

• During her CPAC panel, dismissed the Women's March on Washington, saying that "Women don't like women in power."
Probably why women supported Clinton over Trump by 54% to 42%. This professional pollster might be engaging in a little bit of selection bias with her psychological assessment though.
When you drill into those numbers you find that the bloc of women that did vote Trump (and presumably were *not* engaged in the Women's March) were non-college educated white women (64%).

This has been Day 35 in Trumpistan. Good night!

J70

Quote from: stew on February 24, 2017, 06:50:13 PM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5335054653001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

Jaw dropping stuff from the looney left, lack of accountability, inability to answer many questions without deflecting, making shit up, like 'settled science' That was a bad a beating as I have ever seen on a news show like that, it was incredible, I even felt bad for the stupid b**tard!

I am a father of two girls and would not want males walking into the bathrooms of my daughters claiming they were female.

As for real transgender kids, there should be federal funding to supply a bathroom at every school to make sure they are taken care of.

Foxcommander thanks for putting that up, it illustrates perfectly how fucked up the left is, damn I despise the far left with all my heart, and f**k the far right too for that matter.

So on the one hand, you want federal funding to take care of the bathroom needs of transgender kids, and on the other, the left is fucked up, looney and dishonest for advocating for them. And you want to "meet in the middle".

All right then!

Eh everybody deserves to be taken care of, transgender kids deserve to be treated as human beings ffs, they should not be going to bathrooms with a gender they do not identify with.

Again I dont want boys in the same bathroom as my girls and I dont want transgender kids in there either!

Why would I want these kids not to have their own facilities that boys and girls do?

If you believe in this so called science and think that tube and his stance has merit you need help!

When I mentioned meeting in the middle I meant the political parties, this division at the minute is a disaster and getting worse, what is wrong with wanted both left and right to bend enough to work together?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting both right and left to compromise. Your posts seem full of contradictions though. On the one hand you're castigating that hapless DNC dude and, seemingly, the issue of transgender kids/people in general ("so-called science"), while at the same time advocating that they be accommodated (which is great).

mrdeeds

Trump has banned some major news organisations from a briefing. Smells like facisim to me.

seafoid

The US has a load of systemic problems that neither Dems nor the Batshits have addressed. Healthcare is out of control. Wall St is prolly going to crash. The environment is in serious trouble. Payrises are not happening. Income inequality is off the scale.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Michael Calderone
‏@mlcalderone
In Dec, Spicer said Trump White House would "absolutely not" kick out news orgs in response to critical coverage

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-spicer-kick-press-white-house_us_58540252e4b0b3ddfd8c29d0

And now :
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/02/24/cnn-nyt-others-blocked-from-wh-briefing.html

Anyone between Foxy, Stew , whitey etc willing to spin this ?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2017, 07:47:01 PM

CNN and other news organizations were blocked Friday from an off-camera White House press briefing.

The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and Politico were also excluded from the meeting, which is known as a gaggle and is less formal than the televised Q-and-A session in the White House briefing room.

The conservative media organizations Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were allowed in.

The Associated Press and Time magazine boycotted the briefing because of how it was handled.

"The WHCA board is protesting strongly against how today's gaggle is being handled by the White House," it said in a statement. "We encourage the organizations that were allowed in to share the material with others in the press corps who were not. The board will be discussing this further with White House staff."

In a separate statement, New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet wrote, "Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties. We strongly protest the exclusion of The New York Times and the other news organizations. Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national interest."

Hours earlier, at the Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington, President Trump mocked and disparaged the news media. He said that much of the press represents "the enemy of the people."

"They are the enemy of the people because they have no sources," Trump said. "They just make them up when there are none."

Love it. It's not a free press if they are engaged in irresponsible and misleading reporting.
CNN will always make shit up.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2017, 08:48:37 PM
The US has a load of systemic problems that neither Dems nor the Batshits have addressed. Healthcare is out of control. Wall St is prolly going to crash. The environment is in serious trouble. Payrises are not happening. Income inequality is off the scale.

Obama was in office for the last 8 years. Put the blame squarely where it lies lads.

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2017, 09:12:35 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2017, 07:47:01 PM

Love it. It's not a free press if they are engaged in irresponsible and misleading reporting.
Give us 10 examples.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on February 24, 2017, 06:50:13 PM

All right then!

Liberals have no interest in working together. The last few months have proved it. They scream like spoiled little kids when they don't get their way. Shame really. Too many issues going neglected because a common consensus can't be found. Then again you could say the same about Fine Gael and Fianna fail for decades.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2017, 09:14:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2017, 08:48:37 PM

Obama was in office for the last 8 years. Put the blame squarely where it lies lads.

Yes. The obstructionist Repubs in congress have a lot to answer for.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2017, 09:22:52 PM

Liberals Conservatives have no interest in working together. The last few months six years have proved it. They scream like spoiled little kids when they don't get their way. Shame really. Too many issues going neglected because a common consensus can't be found. Then again you could say the same about Fine Gael and Fianna fail for decades.

Fixed that for you.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2017, 09:12:35 PM

So Fox News is not free press? Breitbart isn't free press because they lie through their teeth?

You conservatives are becoming so deranged that the words coming out of your mouths only serve to reveal to the world how stupid you are.