The Wire (tv drama)

Started by Main Street, October 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

David Simon is going to be in Belfast on 31st May as part of the Guardian Hay literary festival. Think he'll be in the Waterfront and tickets are about a tenner.

Our Nail Loney

Purposely skipped to the end of the thread for fear of spoilers... Got the DVDs, am currently on about episode eight in the second series...

Have to say its some show, am really getting into it, have watched the first series and the eight episodes in about nine days!!

Bunk is the best in it, the scene where he was dying and kept going to boke into the bin had me in stitches, everyone has been there before!

AFS

I foolishly bought series 3 and 4 there last weekend and can't stop myself from watching them now even though I should be studying for my exams next week. Agree with ONL that some of Bunk's scenes are hilarious, can't remember if its in series 1 or 2 but I loved the scene where he's hammered and burns all his clothes in the bath cuz he doesn't want the wife to find any 'fibres' from the one he's cheating with.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on May 23, 2009, 10:42:15 PM
I foolishly bought series 3 and 4 there last weekend and can't stop myself from watching them now even though I should be studying for my exams next week. Agree with ONL that some of Bunk's scenes are hilarious, can't remember if its in series 1 or 2 but I loved the scene where he's hammered and burns all his clothes in the bath cuz he doesn't want the wife to find any 'fibres' from the one he's cheating with.
Series one - i just watched that one about an hour ago! He got blocked and started burning his clothes cos they smelt of pussy and his wife would find out! Jimmy had to come and spring him from the woman's house.

He had a great line in one of episodes where he asked a colleague why he was looking so happy. The fella said cos he got laid last night. Bunk says "does your asshole still hurt!" :)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 23, 2009, 11:07:29 PM
Quote from: AFS on May 23, 2009, 10:42:15 PM
Series one - i just watched that one about an hour ago! He got blocked and started burning his clothes cos they smelt of pussy and his wife would find out! Jimmy had to come and spring him from the woman's house.

He had a great line in one of episodes where he asked a colleague why he was looking so happy. The fella said cos he got laid last night. Bunk says "does your asshole still hurt!" :)

That was class...

Honourable mention has to go to Herc as well, he has me in stitches some times... When he was doing the hand to hands in the second series and kept springing tooth picks out of nowhere was brilliant, then when he was trying to get out with your woman Bea from the Port Police.. Asked her for a cup of coffee but she turned him down, Carv slagged him about it to which Herc replies:

Hey, listen. I was gonna ask her for her panties to make some soup with, but uh, I was afraid she'd take it the wrong way

:D

Minder

Series 2 almost done on bbc, it does not seem to be on next week. Anyone know when Series 3 starts?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2009, 09:18:07 PM
Series 2 almost done on bbc, it does not seem to be on next week. Anyone know when Series 3 starts?

If its any help I just bought series three, and I will be starting to watch it tonight?? I could post up a synopsis every night?

Finished series two last night, am engrossed with this show now, love it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 26, 2009, 09:24:54 PM

If its any help I just bought series three, and I will be starting to watch it tonight?? I could post up a synopsis every night?

I doubt Minder will be tuning in to see your synopsis before sitting down to watch it himself! I'll be avoiding this thread from now on as I am just starting series 2 tonight!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 26, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 26, 2009, 09:24:54 PM

I doubt Minder will be tuning in to see your synopsis before sitting down to watch it himself! I'll be avoiding this thread from now on as I am just starting series 2 tonight!

I was only joking I won't be putting up any clues at all don't worry, I havent even looked at the first five pages of the thread sure in case they give something away...

Is there a spoiler function on the board like you get on other boards for hiding parts of your posts??

Newbridge Exile

Got the complete 5 series boxset online for the pricely sum of £60 on DSO onlineshop.com-, halfway through series 3 at the minute and and the Herc and Carver double act keep getting better and better

Schkite

A few episodes into season 5 now myself, nearly don't want to watch it too quick as that's it over then! Only 10 episodes in this season apparently too which is annoying!

Our Nail Loney

Finished series three last night there... Not spoiling it but I did not see 'the contfrontation' coming!!

Starting series four, anyone else think Kima is turning into McNulty?!?

Trevor Hill

Which series ended on BBC2 last week? Caught the last few episodes and it seemed quite good, though it does seem to contain half the cast of Oz.

AFS

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 01, 2009, 07:51:36 PM
Finished series three last night there... Not spoiling it but I did not see 'the contfrontation' coming!!

Starting series four, anyone else think Kima is turning into McNulty?!?

Just watched that last week too, didn't think it would actually happen but  :o

I'm not liking the new McNulty in series 4, he's a boring cnut now.

Also, when can we call an end to this moratorium on spoilers? Its a bit of a bitch having to talk in code when mentioning incidents in the show.

DennistheMenace