ABBA - To pollute the Airwaves again

Started by Denn Forever, April 27, 2018, 05:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Spot on, Armaghniac. God help you, Denn Forever, you wouldn't know genius if it bit you on the leg.

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on April 27, 2018, 10:51:45 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on April 27, 2018, 10:41:55 PM
A𐐒BA

Type B in the INPUT box, and copy the result from the OUTPUT box. 

https://www.web2generators.com/text-related-tools/write-upside-down

Quote from the website:

Description

The upside down generator flips the input text horizontally and reverses it. This is done by analyzing each input character and replacing it by another Unicode character which resembles the flipped version of it.

The text generated can be used either for fun on various online web-sites and chat systems, or to create a strong password: mypassword will become pɹoʍssɐdʎɯ which is easy enough to remember and re-generate using this tool.

I wish someone had told me that, I had to turn my keyboard upside down.

;D

rosnarun

Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2018, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2018, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 28, 2018, 09:06:58 AM
I wonder which one of them is broke

I would be stunned if one of them are broke, I would say they have more money than they could ever spend.

I don't see why they have to be broke to record a song, U2 record songs and they are not broke.
no but theiy're greedy very greedy,
God I used to had Abba ,
they were the ruination of pop music with their saccharin sweet poptastic tunes about depressed swede most of who commit suicide
for the sake of the children stop them now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ziggysego

Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2018, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2018, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2018, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 28, 2018, 09:06:58 AM
I wonder which one of them is broke

I would be stunned if one of them are broke, I would say they have more money than they could ever spend.

I don't see why they have to be broke to record a song, U2 record songs and they are not broke.
no but theiy're greedy very greedy,
God I used to had Abba ,
they were the ruination of pop music with their saccharin sweet poptastic tunes about depressed swede most of who commit suicide
for the sake of the children stop them now

Seems happy-go-lucky to me. I like ABBA.
Testing Accessibility

easytiger95

My mother used to love them, and I have loads of memories of driving to Donabate beach as a child with her singing along to the cassettes (which were kind of like streaming, except sometimes you had to use a pencil to make them work). Some really nice summer memories attached to those songs for me.

Of course, you always reject what your parents like (and in the case of their James Last obsession, this can be a good thing). But years later, when I hear an ABBA tune, not only do I know every chord change because of my immersion in it back then, but I can also appreciate that, damn, those boys could write a song. And please don't compare them to manufactured, Stock, Aitken and Waterman crap from the 80s - it's not their fault no-marks covered their catalogue.

Here is my favourite, and if anyone can find my glittered platform boots, please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ90ZqH0PWI

Captain Obvious

I liked ABBA also. Because they were a talented group of singers and song writers and their songs are still worth listening too many decades later. How many good singers and song writers have come from pop music the last 10 years and how many of their songs will still be played and will remembered in 30 years time?

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 30, 2018, 06:38:54 PM
I liked ABBA also. Because they were a talented group of singers and song writers and their songs are still worth listening too many decades later. How many good singers and song writers have come from pop music the last 10 years and how many of their songs will still be played and will remembered in 30 years time?
The proportion of decent stuff is probably the same. There was a lot of shite in the 70s too.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Keyser soze

Think I read somewhere that though their music seems almost bland and simple their songs are fantastically complicated and really difficult to replicate. 

johnnycool

say what you like about the music but by god Agnetha was responsible for some serious dirty sheets in her prime.
;D ;D

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B