Kerry v Dubs 30/01/16

Started by The Hill is Blue, January 29, 2016, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Dubs team for tomorrow evening.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ6ojRrWIAA9s8K.jpg

Good to see Paul Mannion back on the team after his travels.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Beffs

Very strong team. Gavin not really blooding any new players that didn't see game time in previous years.

The Hill is Blue

Interesting to see an all-Ballymun half back line. When was the last time I wonder that a single club took all the places on a single line of the Dublin team?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

larryin89

After seeing that o Callaghan lad (caula) play in o Byrne cup surprised he s not getting a run . Was the subs bench named for Dublin? Dublins odds slashed from 1/2 to 4/11 after team was named , stil good value if you had a few quid to spare , Kerry will be beat handy here.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

twohands!!!

Quote from: larryin89 on January 29, 2016, 11:46:30 PM
After seeing that o Callaghan lad (caula) play in o Byrne cup surprised he s not getting a run . Was the subs bench named for Dublin? Dublins odds slashed from 1/2 to 4/11 after team was named , stil good value if you had a few quid to spare , Kerry will be beat handy here.

Nope - they never do which is a bit of a joke imo

Kerry team - First 15 looks reasonable but a lot of unfamiliar names on the bench - still a lot of their more experienced/bigger names out injured (something like 10+)

Wouldn't be surprised if it was close enough for 50 minutes but the Dubs bench opened up a bit of a gap down the home stretch.

1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
2. Brian Ó Beaglaoich An Ghaeltacht
3. Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore
4. Shane Enright Tarbert
5. Paul Murphy Rathmore
6. Killian Young (C) Renard
7. Fionn Fitzgerald Dr Crokes
8. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys
9. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
10. Stephen O'Brien Kenmare
11. Darran O'Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
13. Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahillys
14. Tommy Walsh Kerins O'Rahillys
15. Philip O'Connor Cordal
Fir Ionaid:
16. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
17. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
18. Padraig O'Connor Killarney Legion
19. Pa Kilkenny Glenbeigh/Glencar
20. Brendan O'Sullivan Valentia
21. Jamie O'Sullivan Killarney Legion
22. Gavin O'Grady Glenbeigh-Glencar
23. Paul O'Sullivan Valentia
24. Marcus Mangan Milltown-Castlemaine
25. Tom O'Sullivan Dingle
26. Conor Cox Listowel Emmets

orangeman

Dublin very strong and should have too much all round for the Kingdom tonight.

From the Bunker

Kingdom full forward line looks weak!

larryin89

Re weak ff line , Tommy Walsh never got his form back yet be interesting to see how he pans out this year. Darren o Sullivan could be a threat tonight at CHF , might be a good battle with him and John small , I think he likes a bit of niggle too in my observations of him ,always a danger of someone like that getting a sending off when marking someone who could frustrate you like o Sullivan .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Most enjoyable, in the  absence of a Gaago subscription
http://www.radiokerry.ie/podcast_series/weekend-sport/

level now, 6 points each

Zulu

Why don't teams drop a player up on Cian O'Sullivan when he drops back as a sweeper? It seems daft to me that you'd allow him not only take your full forward out of the game but also attack from deep as an extra man.

mick999

tv pundit

Quote from: Zulu on January 30, 2016, 07:41:14 PM
Why don't teams drop a player up on Cian O'Sullivan when he drops back as a sweeper? It seems daft to me that you'd allow him not only take your full forward out of the game but also attack from deep as an extra man.
Would you not be crowding the space in front of the goals. If you put a man on o sullivan and dublin then dropped another man back what happens then ?