DUBLIN (SFC v Wexford)

1 Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
2 Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
3 Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
4 Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
5 James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
6 Nicky Devereux (Ballinteer St John's)
7 Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes)
8 Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
9 Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
10 Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
11 Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)
12 Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
13 Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
14 Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)
15 Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

armaghniac

A quick meet and beat, I presume.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Zulu

No Bernard, I thought he was going to be fit to start this, no? Either way it's still a strong looking Dublin team and with Brennan and Brogan to return from injury, Costello and McCaffrey et al pushing for places it'll be a a motivated Dublin team. Can't see Wexford making much of an impression here, Dublin are just too strong for the middle ranked teams.

rodney trotter

Chance for Rock to lay down a market after missing all the League through injury. He hasn't started many championship games in the past

AZOffaly

larryin89

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 11:28:25 PM
Where's this game on?

It's probably Wexford park as the last Leinster championship game between the two was held in Dublin.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Zulu

Where's this game on?

Tony Doran's back yard as far as I know, are you heading down?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: larryin89 on June 27, 2014, 11:34:45 PM
Where's this game on?

It's probably Wexford park as the last Leinster championship game between the two was held in Dublin.
Was that the game Wexford gave up home advantage and chose rather to play in croker? ;)

easytiger95

Not convinced by Devereux, though I think Ger's day is done at centre back. I'd like to see Cian at centre back permanently and either have Bastick back at midfield or move Flynner there and open up a space in the forward line for Costello/ Rock etc

Hound

Quote from: easytiger95 on June 28, 2014, 12:58:04 PM
Not convinced by Devereux, though I think Ger's day is done at centre back. I'd like to see Cian at centre back permanently and either have Bastick back at midfield or move Flynner there and open up a space in the forward line for Costello/ Rock etc
Disagree with just about everything there ET! Gas how opinions can differ.

Devereux is quality. As an underage Dub, I saw quite a bit of him. Played in the same half back line as James McCarthy, and its no exagerration to say he was better than McCarthy in every game I saw. Now of course since then McCarthy has developed into a top class senior player and there's no guarantee Devereux will, but he's definitely worth his chance.

But I've no doubt in my mind that Ger is the best 6 we have. Still only 29 and plenty left in the tank.

I think the mix we have in midfield is perfect and I wouldnt change it. I can see Bastick being used as a sub in certain circumstances, but  I dont see him starting again for the Dubs. Flynner can move into midfield for spells, but he's not a 70 minute midfielder. More to the point he's the second best half forward in the country, so removing him from his best position would make no sense. If O'Sullivan got injured I'd put McCarthy into midfield.

easytiger95

V funny Hound -- didn't expect total agreement but you could have softened the blow a bit!

I just think that Flynner basically plays as an auxiliary midfielder for a lot of the game anyway, and positioning him in midfield from the start adds scoring power there, and will stretch teams from the off - I don't think 70 mins in midfield would faze him, certainly not fitness wise.

Ger's experience against Kerry last year was replicated in the first half of the final - I think teams will look at him as a player to attack, whilst Cian is, I think, the best pure defender in the country, just oozes class and calm and should be playing in his best position.

As for Devereux, I've been conditioned by seeing him in the league over the past couple of years and he never struck me as one who really seized his opportunity there, unlike say, Jonny Cooper or others - happy to be proved wrong.

In any case, I'd like to see options explored at midfield - I'd hate us to lose Michael D and then be casting about for a solution.

Dont Matter

Wexford: About 60,000 each year.

No contest.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

This is a thread about the game, not the respective finances of each county. Everyone knows your views and there are plenty of threads where you can continue to make them known. Why don't you have some manners?

Dont Matter

I'm talking about this game, it will be no contest. I've also put the reason why it'll be no contest in my post. What's the problem?
A Dub talking about manners.  ;D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn