The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

nolan does a show on 5 live friday saturday sunday nights

Olly

Big news breaking about the leader of the DUP. Only caught the end of it.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

JoG2

Quote from: Olly on March 29, 2024, 02:45:49 PMBig news breaking about the leader of the DUP. Only caught the end of it.

The end of Jeffrey is his best bit

AustinPowers

Quote from: dec on March 29, 2024, 02:14:09 PMConvenient timing for the hardliners after he agreed to go back in to government.

That would be  my thinking too.

Might we see Stormont  collapse again?  I wouldn't be surprised with  big Jeff gone., and  Robinson  now  head honcho

From the Bunker

In 10 years they have had as leaders;
Ian Paisley
Peter Robinson
Arlene Foster
Edwin Poots
Jeffrey Donaldson
Gavin Robinson

The melt-down continues.

In the words of the late Ian Paisley (senior) ''Where's Jeffrey?''

gallsman

I wouldn't have much faith in Robinson's ability to keep anything together or lead in any way. A human burger.

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 29, 2024, 03:16:08 PMIn 10 years they have had as leaders;
Ian Paisley
Peter Robinson
Arlene Foster
Edwin Poots
Jeffrey Donaldson
Gavin Robinson

The melt-down continues.

Its a poisoned chalice for whoever steps in next as well. They will have to appoint a leader soon as there are elections coming up in the next year. I don't see too many who would be queuing up to get the job with all of the issues that they have to deal with.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2024, 03:19:43 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 29, 2024, 03:16:08 PMIn 10 years they have had as leaders;
Ian Paisley
Peter Robinson
Arlene Foster
Edwin Poots
Jeffrey Donaldson
Gavin Robinson

The melt-down continues.

Its a poisoned chalice for whoever steps in next as well. They will have to appoint a leader soon as there are elections coming up in the next year. I don't see too many who would be queuing up to get the job with all of the issues that they have to deal with.

Maybe the unelected Emma Little-Pengelly could be leader? Sure she is Deputy First Minister? For a Party who were very worried about Mandates in the 70's and 80's, they sure let their own moral hardline slip when it came to their own.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2024, 03:19:43 PM
Ian Paisley
Peter Robinson
Arlene Foster
Edwin Poots
Jeffrey Donaldson
Gavin Robinson

The melt-down continues.

According to Alex Kane on RTE they can't risk a poisonous pro/anti Deal row in an election so Gavin whashisname will be appointed leader.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on March 29, 2024, 01:36:44 PMAs Bill Hicks once said, anyone that far to the right is hiding something

Apologies for my tardiness

Christopher Hitchens:
Whenever I hear some bigmouth in Washington or the Christian heartland banging on about the evils of sodomy or whatever, I mentally enter his name in my notebook and contentedly set my watch. Sooner rather than later, he will be discovered down on his weary and well-worn old knees in some dreary motel or latrine, with an expired Visa card, having tried to pay well over the odds to be peed upon by some Apache transvestite.

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 29, 2024, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: dec on March 29, 2024, 02:14:09 PMConvenient timing for the hardliners after he agreed to go back in to government.

Might we see Stormont  collapse again?  I wouldn't be surprised with  big Jeff gone., and  Robinson  now  head honcho
Alex Kane was talking about negotiations for a single Unionist porty. Any more detail on that ?

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2024, 03:36:45 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on March 29, 2024, 03:10:30 PM

Alex Kane was talking about negotiations for a single Unionist porty. Any more detail on that ?

Are you taking the piss out of the Malone Road accent?

Doug Beattie, without doing very much may end of King of the Castle...

Franko

The party of God, led by the following...

Ian Paisley - Inciter in chief of countless acts of sectarian violence and murder and otherwise too many things to mention

Peter Robinson - Invader of clontibret and up to his oxters in dodgy Nama dealings.  Wife shagged a young'un

Arlene Foster - RHI overseer and suspected of cruelty to crocodiles

Edwin Poots - Prima facie clean, but the young boy's a suspected crook with planning shenanigans

Jeffrey Donaldson - Charged with sexual abuse

Gavin Robinson - TBC...

gallsman

Nah, that'd be "pahty". Porty would be more your neck of the woods and the south Derry types  ;D

seafoid

There is something very significant about Gormfhlaith ni Thuairisg speaking Irish on RTE Radio 1 and telling the  nation on the news at 4 that the leader of the DUP has resigned due to a criminal investigation. Curry my yoghurt.

ft.com/content/fcf6e9f2-82fd-4a03-8945-a3679c6bc640...
Even the most brilliant political strategies must ultimately be measured against their outcomes.