Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

agree this transfer is a disgrace & should be turned down, presume this is daly. Josephs are pulling a dirty one there.

High Fielder

Dirty probably isn't the right word. Cute may be a better description.  It's not necessary in any case. He has played there all his young life and he should be allowed to play on, and still represent Barrowhouse. It has happened before, looks like happening again and will become more of an issue in the future.

High Fielder

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on December 15, 2016, 09:51:42 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on December 15, 2016, 07:17:00 PM
A draft based on an existing relationship. Parish or underage amalgamation being two examples. Not just a draft to the highest bidder. As mentioned above, it appears as if Barrowhouse are about to lose their biggest asset - again. We have to find ways of keeping lads in their home club, but at the same time giving them access to Senior football/hurling. If the draft is underpinned by an existing relationship, then we can avoid unnecessary and damaging transfers.

I think we need to look beyond amalgamations that won't last pissing time. They assume, wrongly in my opinion, that all players in both clubs will be in favour of joining up. This should be about an individual's decision to play or not play Senior, and where he wants to, we need to facilitate that as best we can

If this transfer does go through the Josephs / Barrowhouse underage  partnership could be resigned to to the history books. I think the stumbling block for the gaels/draft situation is the barring from Leinster championship if a team can win a championship. Josephs would believe (rightly or wrongly) that they would be at least on a par with stradbally and could therefore win a championship and do well in Leinster.  By taking on one possibly more from Barrowhouse they jeopardise this.

A simple bye law would change all that.

Unlaoised

Quote from: From the Terrace on December 16, 2016, 09:43:49 AM
agree this transfer is a disgrace & should be turned down, presume this is daly. Josephs are pulling a dirty one there.

This stinks..... >:(
LAOIS ABÚ

From the Terrace

an opinion everyone is entitled to one.

clonadmad

Timahoe Egm called for next Monday night

Don Draper

Timahoe having to stomach the prospect of tossing both their football and hurling teams in the space of a month. Strange times.

town1980

A farce really joining teams that aren't parish related Timahoe should take a look at themselves ,, they have always produced great footballers but looks like the club is in a right mess,,there players officials and all associated with the club should take a hard look at themselves,,, if u join you join with your Parish if not leave it be

BallyroanAbu

Timahoe asked a few clubs would they be interested they said no the Heath said maybe, nothing disgraceful in that.   Timahoe not giving up their Football & Junior C Hurling is hardly the end of the world.  We are having to give up Junior C Football as lads are not interested in traipsing all over Laois on a Wednesday night.

High Fielder

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 16, 2016, 03:23:02 PM
Quote from: From the Terrace on December 16, 2016, 09:43:49 AM

This stinks..... >:(

It's not pretty, that's for sure. Josephs rejected the amalgamation at their AGM, but Barrowhouse approved it. Now if Barrowhouse are happy to let him play, and come back to them to play Intermediate, you can only assume that Josephs don't fancy changing their name, which is odd because they have won so much at underage with the Josephs/Barrowhouse banner. So it appears as if Josephs are sitting back and forcing the lad's hand, which doesn't seem fair on the lad himself. Talk about not competing in Leinster is pie in the sky in my opinion.

My argument is that where there is an existing relationship (parish or underage amalgamation), the rite of passage should be automatic for Junior and Intermediate players. There is too much upheaval patching together teams from across the divide when it could be as simple as Brendan Quigley walking down the road to play with Stradbally or Timahoe joining with Annanough. Above all, the CB need to protect the individual that actually wants to better himself, rather than singling him out and/or subjecting him to potential abuse

Ballyroan Abbey

We are having to give up Junior C Football as lads are not interested in traipsing all over Laois on a Wednesday night.
[/quote

I know that thiz doesnt have much to do with gales teams but i feel that the way the county board restructured the leagues have been an absolute disaster really, and is damaging alot of club due to so many matches been forfeited,especially when you get past 1a and 1b. Why they couldnt just follow the hurling structure ill never know, there was 58 teams in the leagues last year, have 6 divisions of 8 teams with the 7th (junior c) division been split into two groups of 5 based on geography because as abu said lads playing junior c dont want be travelling to the far side of the county to play junior c, and have every team play each other once in proper competitive games (maybe allow division 1 teams keep home and away if they wish) because asking 2nd and 3rd teams to play 10/12 games is unrealistic. Its proven to be fairly succesful in yhe hurling so i think it could be in the football too

burdizzo

I don't know what you mean by successful: Division 5A in the hurling last year, there were more walk-overs than matches played. A farce, if you ask me.

Ballyroan Abbey

Well if you look  at Division 3a in football stradbally and portlaoise pulled out before it began, spink only played when the ballinakill lads wanted a break from the hurling and even then they only had a scrap team, port not much better, leaving barrowhouse and kilcavan (2 intermediate teams) with only proper matches against each other. And if you look at 5a in the hurling majority of walkovers were by teams who pulled out from the start. In general throughout all leagues there was less walkovers and more competitive matches in the hurling than the football

Don Draper

Following a meeting in coppers last night The Heath have pulled out of the deal. Something about a vodka and Coke not being paid for.

The Monument Road

This transfer of a player from B/House to St Josephs will not happen or may not even reach the request stage. For a start the player does not live in the St Josephs catchment area (Ballyadams Parish). I believe he actually lives in the catchment area of Kileen,Ballylinan or Arles and plays with B House because of long held family connections.I also believe the transfer is being persued by the player himself and not by the St Josephs club.
The only way i could see it happening is because of previous precedent(s). i.e the Kingstons transfers to Kileen and other transfers from Park/Rath to stradbally. I do know that the transfers of the Kingstons was objected to and placed on the record (reasons for the transfers being allowed set a precedent).The main reason for those transfers going through was proof of place of resident. Interesting times ahead fro the CCC