Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2021, 09:22:28 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-admits-sinn-feins-secret-voter-database-was-not-in-compliance-with-data-protection-laws-40345727.html

Something off round this. The very slow denials and failure to provide information on it. Matt Carty was on local radio and was asked and he said it was an "IT matter", was pushed a bit on the this and lost the head on it.

Someone seems to be gently pushing this along. First was the comments about Facebook admins overseas and now where the data is held. Is there a 3rd party using the both in the background for social media targeting like Cambridge Analytics? Seems a stretch.

Not surprised they don't have a data protection officer, who'd be one as it's an awful area to be on top off including GDPR. Likely other parties all at the same as they don't seem to be stoking this too much.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Louther on April 23, 2021, 09:29:54 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-admits-sinn-feins-secret-voter-database-was-not-in-compliance-with-data-protection-laws-40345727.html

Something off round this. The very slow denials and failure to provide information on it. Matt Carty was on local radio and was asked and he said it was an "IT matter", was pushed a bit on the this and lost the head on it.

Someone seems to be gently pushing this along. First was the comments about Facebook admins overseas and now where the data is held. Is there a 3rd party using the both in the background for social media targeting like Cambridge Analytics? Seems a stretch.

Not surprised they don't have a data protection officer, who'd be one as it's an awful area to be on top off including GDPR. Likely other parties all at the same as they don't seem to be stoking this too much.

Evil Party

Snapchap

As soon as I heard this non-story, I just knew who would be on this thread falling for the propaganda.

I must say though, it's funny seeing how the story has backfired with a succession of FG websites going down for "maintenance" over the past 12 hours.

Weirdly, the Indo fella who has been deperately trying hard all week too talk about SFs websites etc has not tweeted all day about these FG websites going down.

Who'd have thunk it, that a few days after it transpired that the Tanaiste's phone was seized by Gardaí as part of a criminal investigation, that the media would attempt to manufacture some B.S. "story" about Sinn Féin.

Just imagine for 5 seconds what the media would be like were it Mary Lou's phone that was seized by Gardaí. And the sort of posts we'd be seeing about it from Louther/Fear Bun na S. etc.

Silver hill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 23, 2021, 01:33:18 PM
Quote from: Louther on April 23, 2021, 09:29:54 AM

Evil Party

Did a Sinn Fein member's daughter turn you down for a dance during the slow set in Earth back in the day?
Or did a member's son steal your best conked cos you are definitely mentally scarred Sir about something and have some hard on for Sinn Fein.

Shock horror....Political party have information on voters stored on a computer.....what party doesn't.....move on, nothing to see here.

Itchy

Did another party start deleting websites last week? I'm sure it will be in the 6 o clock news this evening.

RedHand88

Is a GDPR breach a big story? I'm not sure. GDPR breaches occur in every walk of life everyday. The vast majority go completely unnoticed.

People wondering if SF know who they vote for haven't beyond the headline. The only reason they would know if you don't vote SF is if you told them.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2021, 01:35:47 PM
Is a GDPR breach a big story? I'm not sure. GDPR breaches occur in every walk of life everyday. The vast majority go completely unnoticed.

We should be able to expect higher standards from a political party which expects to be in government and which is collecting information on the entire adult population.

QuotePeople wondering if SF know who they vote for haven't beyond the headline. The only reason they would know if you don't vote SF is if you told them.

THey don't know, but they are scraping Facebook etc for clues.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

6th sam

Thought Michelle O'Neill was impressive on late late show. Tubridys lack of empathy and rapport with  her was shocking tbh. For someone with a republican background he just doesn't understand the North, and promotes the partitionist view that because of the threat of loyalist violence , we should just put up and shut up. He does some things well but he matches Gay Byrne and pat kenny in his disdain for northern republicans.....it must be drilled into them in RTE.
She couldn't have been more apologetic about the storey funeral, and her respect for the unionist tradition was clear. I think she has a point about misogyny, and people should judge her on her merits and her reconciliatory words , rather than pre-conceived ideas. I'm no cheerleader for SF , but credit where it's due.

Rossfan

People wondering if SF know who they vote for haven't beyond the headline. The only reason they would know if you don't vote SF is if you told them.
A few bucks on this forum tell us regularly who we've voted for (usually wrongly but sure when you're stereotyping....).
Sam, I didn't see O'Neill as I can't watch the LLS while that overpaid talentless fckn gobsh1te is presenting it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Tubridy was despicable. A hypocritical RTE lackey.

He looked at Michelle like she was shite on his shoe. The opening question about her republican background set the tone and content of the interview. I don't think there was anything else he could have thrown at her. The Storey funeral has been discussed for a year now. Didn't she already apologise for it? Give it a f**kin rest!

I'm no voter of SF, but she handled it very well. But an absolutely pathetic interview from Tubridy yet again.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: 6th sam on April 24, 2021, 03:31:06 PM
Thought Michelle O'Neill was impressive on late late show. Tubridys lack of empathy and rapport with  her was shocking tbh. For someone with a republican background he just doesn't understand the North, and promotes the partitionist view that because of the threat of loyalist violence , we should just put up and shut up. He does some things well but he matches Gay Byrne and pat kenny in his disdain for northern republicans.....it must be drilled into them in RTE.
She couldn't have been more apologetic about the storey funeral, and her respect for the unionist tradition was clear. I think she has a point about misogyny, and people should judge her on her merits and her reconciliatory words , rather than pre-conceived ideas. I'm no cheerleader for SF , but credit where it's due.
I thought she was quite impressive and, given Mary Lou's performance, the previous night, it's been a PR success for SF. Tubridy didn't come across well. He's fine on the likes of Toy Shows and the likes but he was painfully out of his depth last night.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2021, 02:17:28 PM

We should be able to expect higher standards from a political party which expects to be in government and which is collecting information on the entire adult population.

QuotePeople wondering if SF know who they vote for haven't beyond the headline. The only reason they would know if you don't vote SF is if you told them.

THey don't know, but they are scraping Facebook etc for clues.

People really shouldn't be shocked when they post political stuff in a public forum with their name attached to it. Anyone can see their Facebook.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on April 23, 2021, 10:16:45 PM
As soon as I heard this non-story, I just knew who would be on this thread falling for the propaganda.

I must say though, it's funny seeing how the story has backfired with a succession of FG websites going down for "maintenance" over the past 12 hours.

Weirdly, the Indo fella who has been deperately trying hard all week too talk about SFs websites etc has not tweeted all day about these FG websites going down.

Who'd have thunk it, that a few days after it transpired that the Tanaiste's phone was seized by Gardaí as part of a criminal investigation, that the media would attempt to manufacture some B.S. "story" about Sinn Féin.

Just imagine for 5 seconds what the media would be like were it Mary Lou's phone that was seized by Gardaí. And the sort of posts we'd be seeing about it from Louther/Fear Bun na S. etc.

What in actual feck are you blabbering on about .