Kerry V Cork 2pm Killarney

Started by twohands!!!, July 02, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

I thought the Cork sextet didn t fire on the night.

Limp up front with little or no penetration and a bit soft at the back.

baoithe

Main Street

I wonder why Marty's shirts are always  missing  the top 3 buttons.
I thought that was a massive effort from Kerry, in a game played at a relentless pace from beginning to end.

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on July 18, 2015, 11:02:56 PM
I wonder why Marty's shirts are always  missing  the top 3 buttons.
I thought that was a massive effort from Kerry, in a game played at a relentless pace from beginning to end.

The wimen.

Farrandeelin

Anymore I'm going to have to watch the matches with the volume turned down. Carney with a pint or two on him?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Cork fought hard but just lacking that extra bit of talent to swing it. Far too many over hit passes into the full forwards and also over complicated their hand passing in the half forwards. Had the possession to win that game. Entertaining stuff and hard fought.

Shame on Shields for his pathetic dive though.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

bannside

James Loughrey MOM for me. Held O Donaghue to a solitary point from play and very little else. A defensive masterclass.

orangeman

Quote from: bannside on July 18, 2015, 11:57:14 PM
James Loughrey MOM for me. Held O Donaghue to a solitary point from play and very little else. A defensive masterclass.

James was good alright. He was ably assisted by 2/3 other Cork lads who swarmed James.

Paul Murphy excellent. Maher and Moran held sway in the middle and the old dog for the hard road O'Mahony brought steel and everything else to the Kerry defence.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zulu on July 18, 2015, 08:47:50 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 18, 2015, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 18, 2015, 07:39:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 18, 2015, 07:35:54 PM
This is almost as bad as Galway v Derry !
I suppose it shows how bad the conditions are for football today!
Apart from kerrigans goal this cork Kerry match is like a Cross between wwf and a bad rugby match ( though aren't they all!! ;) )

Kerry will win on tko -sorry points!

You're having a laugh right?? This is football played in bad conditions, Derry Galway was non-football played in shite conditions. There's a world of difference between the games.
Think it's yourself having a laugh

The cynical ( both well versed in the dark arts traditionally - Galway and Derry aren't) play by both teams means they can't complain about refs decisions here

He is not a good ref but fairly consistent

Ah will you stop!! One game was decent and one was awful. The refs were poor in both mind you.
If you thought that was decent then good luck to you.
We agree to drastically disagree here

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2015, 11:18:20 PM
Anymore I'm going to have to watch the matches with the volume turned down. Carney with a pint or two on him?

God no! Never took a drink in his life!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: moysider on July 19, 2015, 12:11:11 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2015, 11:18:20 PM

God no! Never took a drink in his life!
He should start - it might help .....
..... The rest of us listening to him!

rrhf

Quote from: orangeman on July 18, 2015, 08:35:00 PM
Fitzmaurice earned his corn along the line this evening making some big calls.

Marc O'Se gets Munster medal number 9 ?
Sure yer granny would have 10 if she was born in kerry.

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on July 19, 2015, 07:06:09 AM
Quote from: orangeman on July 18, 2015, 08:35:00 PM
Fitzmaurice earned his corn along the line this evening making some big calls.

Marc O'Se gets Munster medal number 9 ?
Sure yer granny would have 10 if she was born in kerry.

True enough. Didn't Spillane have a very athletic granny ? Didn't he say that his granny was faster / better than Francie ?

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 18, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
Was Hurley the man who played like God at full-forward for Cork against Dublin in a quarter-final a few years ago? I've forgotten when it was, Mayo were playing the day after, as I recall, and this one was played under lights. Whoever that guy was went off to Australia then that winter, but I've never heard what became of him. Was it Hurley? Went down under, didn't happen, came back?

That was Ciaran Sheehan. He's off playing AFL in the land of Oz.

Thanks Syf. That makes Hurley a mystery so. Anthony Moyles on Twitter reckoned Hurley was afraid of Enright. That's a terrible indictment of him if that's the case.