Tyrone v Meath round 2 qualifiers 11th July 2015

Started by orangeman, June 29, 2015, 08:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm fecking gutted, that it wasn't a disputed one measly point win!   ;D

Seriously, what the fook did we do wrong like? ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mcslaggart

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 11, 2015, 04:40:30 PM
A wins a win I suppose!

I was at the match and I found it very exciting at the end.  The first half was truly awful.  ( the pitch was very very slippy)

A few more players like Bradley from the U21 would make a big difference.

TF15

Bradley a breath of fresh air! Great wee player. Tierney McCann did really well off the bench. Thought Cavanagh and Harte battled well second half in the middle. First half brutal, second very good to watch. Reilly of Meath was really good also. Here's to a good draw in the next round!

omagh_gael

More on match later but Graham Reilly has a fierce good tan on him for the weather we've been having!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Rois on July 10, 2015, 11:09:54 PM
Got a text asking me if I was going but I'm in France - wouldn't have done that in the 2000s.

Sunshine supporter - only follow us in the good times !!

An Watcher

Credit were credit is due as we were in trouble five minutes into the second half. Two points down and playing into the wind they stood up. Probably learnt more from that game than a handy ten point win. I'm encouraged by some of the young players. Love another crack at Donegal

Wildweasel74

Seriously whats makes you think you are fit for Donegal, they have turned over Tyrone past 4 times and the Tyrone team weaker now that the previous ones!A reality check is needed

Club Rossa

Christ,that first half was brutal altogether,as bad as I've seen in a long time.Picked up slightly after the break.Tiernan McCann played very well and Mark Bradley was excellent.I don't know if we'll get much further but It's a huge relief to be in the next round.

omagh_gael

First half plus 5/10 minutes at start of second was absolutely shockingly, it appeared that the team had more or less consigned themselves to defeat early in second half. One instance summed it up for me when Colm Cavanagh intercepted a ball on our 40 and released Petey Harte, he had two support runners who more or less left him to his own devices and Harte got turned over allowing Meath to tag on a point.

Shortly after this Tiernan McCann came thundering into the game and had his best game for us, IMO. Ran straight at the heart of Meath's defence and they couldn't stop it, as far as I make it he scored 1 point himself and had a direct input into at least 1-03 of our second half scores. One in particular would have pleased the Cappagh gaels when Tiernan combined with the younger brother and fed it out to Bradley on the left to fire over a beauty.

Overall, I'm pleased with the performance, especially considering the outlook at 40 mins. Who do we want next? Most favourable draw would be Tipp although an Armagh or Derry game would focus the minds bigtime.

Main Street

I suppose Mickey can remove all the daggers from his back and have some respite for a week or so from the tyrone klan.

thejuice

You can get a tan footing turf.

Not too bothered at least we weren't hammered. Hopefully we'll come back with a new set up next year whether with Mick O'Dowd at the helm or not I don't mind. Hopefully we'll be more match fit and with less injuries. If any good came from today it shows we can play defensive football if need be even without our full strength squad.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

larryin89

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 11, 2015, 07:06:43 PM
First half plus 5/10 minutes at start of second was absolutely shockingly, it appeared that the team had more or less consigned themselves to defeat early in second half. One instance summed it up for me when Colm Cavanagh intercepted a ball on our 40 and released Petey Harte, he had two support runners who more or less left him to his own devices and Harte got turned over allowing Meath to tag on a point.

Shortly after this Tiernan McCann came thundering into the game and had his best game for us, IMO. Ran straight at the heart of Meath's defence and they couldn't stop it, as far as I make it he scored 1 point himself and had a direct input into at least 1-03 of our second half scores. One in particular would have pleased the Cappagh gaels when Tiernan combined with the younger brother and fed it out to Bradley on the left to fire over a beauty.

Overall, I'm pleased with the performance, especially considering the outlook at 40 mins. Who do we want next? Most favourable draw would be Tipp although an Armagh or Derry game would focus the minds bigtime.

Galway might have a say in that yet.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

omagh_gael

Oops, we owe them after last year so I hope to get another crack at them!

reddgnhand

Quote from: Main Street on July 11, 2015, 07:09:32 PM
I suppose Mickey can remove all the daggers from his back and have some respite for a week or so from the tyrone klan.

You're totally obsessed about Tyrone.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 11, 2015, 03:57:29 PM
This sounds awful. And to make things worse I'm forced to listen to Tommy Carr's analysis.

Analysis is a very strong word for what Tommy Carr does. He's unbelievably useless. Whatever the ref does is correct and he just won't shut up. He should sit at home talking non-stop through matches, so we don't have to listen to him and stop his "analysing"/see-and-say shite he carries on with on RTE.