Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: God14 on May 29, 2021, 08:59:28 PM
Some reality check for the harte haters.

Fact is, our players are no where near as good as we think they are.

Mickey's time was up and a change was overdue. A new management team wasn't in itself a guarantee of success but even in normal circumstances whoever was coming in was going to need time to implement new ideas. As things have turned out, Covid has meant they've had very little time with the players then thrown into 3 quick fire intense battles against neighbouring counties. Absolutely ludicrous to be passing judgement on the management or indeed individual players at this stage. If they can manage to get a good few competitive games under their belts over the summer and bed in a style and team shape for next year then that's a solid start.

Still a fair bit away from that at this stage. Wasted a lot of chances tonight and some decision making at key times, a characteristic of the past few seasons. Crucial they find a way to get the best out of McKenna. More games will help.

As an aside, between marks, water breaks and stupid fouling and daft off the ball stuff that was a hard watch. The GAA can address some of it but down to players and management to sort out the nonsense.

God14

Also think if we finished with the team we started with ie Canavan, McCurry, Donaghy et Al we'd have won handy enough

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 29, 2021, 09:34:34 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 29, 2021, 09:26:41 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2021, 09:21:23 PM
Tyrone missed alot of chances earlier on that sucks the life out of a team.
Just like Armagh game Donaghy thinks its all about him and fluffs it.  Not since Iggy Jones has a single Dungannon Clarkes player had what it takes to be a Tyrone player

Don't insult Gerald Cavlan like that. A real quality player

Apologies to Cavo. Real talent. Far too good for Dungannon. 2 players in 70 years

tyrone08

Any idea why lee brennan or mcalisky aren't getting a run out? Wasn't that long ago that mcalisky was their top scorer. Forvthe life of me I have no idea why ronan o'neill is still on the panel. He has had years to prove himself but never done it.

sam03/05

The management have had 3 games and 3 weeks of training prior to that
It's a bit unrealistic to expect miracles in those conditions - they can't even have an indoor team meeting or go to a game on a bus together
Other counties have had the same management the last few years and will thus be a bit further ahead.
In previous years there was 5 McKenna cup games to try players and get up to speed.
At the end of the day Division 1 status has been secured for next year
They have tried out a good few players - from the likes of Declan McClure, Conor Shields, Cormac Munroe, Paul Donaghy etc -
They also played yesterday without Hampsey, McShane etc.

That to me has been a pretty successful league campaign With a very noticeable change in game plan.

The same idiots on here complaint were the same key board warriors who complained non stop about Harte

tyrone08

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 30, 2021, 08:31:45 AM
The management have had 3 games and 3 weeks of training prior to that
It's a bit unrealistic to expect miracles in those conditions - they can't even have an indoor team meeting or go to a game on a bus together
Other counties have had the same management the last few years and will thus be a bit further ahead.
In previous years there was 5 McKenna cup games to try players and get up to speed.
At the end of the day Division 1 status has been secured for next year
They have tried out a good few players - from the likes of Declan McClure, Conor Shields, Cormac Munroe, Paul Donaghy etc -
They also played yesterday without Hampsey, McShane etc.

That to me has been a pretty successful league campaign With a very noticeable change in game plan.

The same idiots on here complaint were the same key board warriors who complained non stop about Harte

I would agree with this. I had no expectations this year at all given the circumstances so far we had played poorly enough and got to a semi final of the league. Few players still to return and it's nice to see some actual kick passing again

RedHand88

Any truth to 3 men leaving the panel over the weekend?

tiempo

Heard 4 men left the panel yesterday and 1 new addition over the weekend

tyroneman

I would say if McShane plays no part next week, he must be out for the year.

trailer

Obv didn't see the game, but can anyone tell me why we score so few goals?

In hiding

Quote from: tiempo on May 30, 2021, 12:42:11 PM
Heard 4 men left the panel yesterday and 1 new addition over the weekend
Who is the addition?

God14

Any addition has to be a midfielder surely.

NotedObserver

southtyronegael

Only person I can think of is MC nulty Dungannon.

tiempo