Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Only small issue with Meyler is his odd rush of blood to the head with the county. Understandable considering his age and inexperience at this stage.

Noticeable how he really led from the front yesterday being team captain and pulled Mary's over the line. Hopefully he gets a good run with the county over the rest of the year. 

Il Bomber Destro

I know the difference between 5-12 are very subtle these days but I think Meyler would be better utilised as a wing back, breaking forward from deeper. He has some engine on him, he was absolutely everywhere yesterday.

A middle 8 of this would be quite formidable:

McCann----------Justy-------------Meyler

----------Cavanagh----McClure

Donnelly----------Sludden------------Harte

6 is a spot which is very much up for grabs. I think we have plenty of options here, I like Justy in this side as he is our best defender in dealing with aerial bombardments and he brings great fight to the side and I think this rubs off positively to the rest of the side. He'll also be more inclined to sit and protect the middle which I like as we have enough lads who will break at pace. Brennan and Burns I think are two other great options for 6. I'd like to see Burns get some time there during the league.

RedHandTom

Result from earlier today.
Kildare (u21) 2-11
Tyrone (u21) 0-14

Long spin to Kildare for a challenge game but probably seemed worth it as Kildare are favourites for Leinster. Good test all the same.

clarshack

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 20, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
Kildare (u21) 2-11
Tyrone (u21) 0-14

Long spin to Kildare for a challenge game but probably seemed worth it as Kildare are favourites for Leinster. Good test all the same.

what was the team? who played well?

Fuzzman

What's the story with McNabb this year? Is he injured or being rested or what?
Usually he's very consistent in our half back line and seemed to be over his injury nightmare last year.
There are so many  players fighting for places in that half back line with McCann, Justy, McNabb, Munroe, R.Brennan, Harte, McGeary and maybe Meyler as well. A few of you are mentioning Burns as well but he hasn't got on any game yet so he must be well down the list for Mickey.

Great confidence boost for the Sigerson winning lads, especially Meyler. I was amazed at a few lads on here questioning him this year but hopefully he'll be one of our better players in the years ahead.

The Bearded One

Meyler isn't the greatest player you'll see in a Tyrone jersey but the lad has some balls coupled with a ferocious work rate and a Rolls Royce of an engine.

I wouldn't be that enamoured with some of his antics, like the roaring in boys faces we saw him doing on Saturday, but hopefully someone can address that.
It is what it is. Presumably.

SG08

What team would everyone like to see line out against Cavan (Not what they think Micky will pick)
Personally I would go for:

1. Morgan
2. Hamspsey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5.  T.McCann
6. P.Harte
7. Monroe
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Mattie
10. McClure
11. Sludden
12. K.McGeary
13. McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. Brennan (Bradley if not suspended)

omagh_gael

O'Neill (rotation to continue)
Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
Meyler
Justy
McCann
C Cavanagh
McClure
Petey
Sludden
Matty
Brennan
S Cavanagh
McCurry

ose 14

glad to see conor lift sigerson great reward for the work he has put in. also great to see paddy tally finally get his just rewards. always felt he was hasrshly dealt with by mickey when he started to get a bit of credit. im sure any future management set up in tyrone must have tally top of the wishlist when mickey goes. incredible achievement not to many tyrone men have got the better of a dublin set up in the last 7 or 8 years.

Dire Ear

Quote from: ose 14 on February 20, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
glad to see conor lift sigerson great reward for the work he has put in. also great to see paddy tally finally get his just rewards. always felt he was hasrshly dealt with by mickey when he started to get a bit of credit. im sure any future management set up in tyrone must have tally top of the wishlist when mickey goes. incredible achievement not to many tyrone men have got the better of a dublin set up in the last 7 or 8 years.
100%

sambostar

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 20, 2017, 03:04:57 PM
O'Neill (rotation to continue)
Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
Meyler
Justy
McCann
C Cavanagh
McClure
Petey
Sludden
Matty
Brennan
S Cavanagh
McCurry
I'd go with that but have Rory Brennan in & drop McCurry - we should move away from the thinking of having the 2 nippy corner-forwards - there's no point as they don't score heavily anymore

superstar_

From watching the games and based of the back of the sigerson i would like to see this team against Cavan.
However Harte could pick anyone, and i wouldnt begrudge Munroe, McGeary or someone like that getting a chance but he is also liable revert to type and have McCrory and Justy in there.
1. O'Neill (rotation)
2. Hampsey
3. McNammee
4. McCarron
5. McCann
6. R Brennan
7. Meyler
8. Colly Cav
9. Mcclure
10. Mattie
11. Sludden
12. Peter Harte
13. McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. McShane

LeoMc

Maybe give The St Marys lads the week off, give someone else game time!

rrhf

Quote from: superstar_ on February 20, 2017, 04:28:38 PM
From watching the games and based of the back of the sigerson i would like to see this team against Cavan.
However Harte could pick anyone, and i wouldnt begrudge Munroe, McGeary or someone like that getting a chance but he is also liable revert to type and have McCrory and Justy in there.
1. O'Neill (rotation)
2. Hampsey
3. McNammee
4. McCarron
5. McCann
6. R Brennan
7. Meyler
8. Colly Cav
9. Mcclure
10. Mattie
11. Sludden
12. Peter Harte
13. McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. McShane
Like that team. Now we have a forward line.

RedHandTom

Quote from: clarshack on February 20, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: RedHandTom on February 20, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
Kildare (u21) 2-11
Tyrone (u21) 0-14

what was the team? who played well?

Jody McGlone and Mick McKernan were good in half back line. Fergal Meenagh and Conn Kilpatrick at midfield. Key men up front were David Mulgrew and Lee Brennan.