Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 08:41:48 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 12, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 12, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on November 12, 2015, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 12, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.
Any word on anyone else getting called up?

Don't think he's strong enough or good enough for county football.
I think he is good enough
For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

Would you consider any of you're Greencastle men worthy of a Tyrone trial at the minute? That is if you can get them out of Eddie McCullaghs!

No I don't consider any of our men good enough at the moment and never have I made the suggestion! Carrickmore men are taking great offence at my opinion on Monroe. Like it or not, there's at least 6/7 men in the county who I believe are ahead of Monroe.

Dont think anybody is taking offence but just stating how highly rated he is within the club and that he is certainly deserving of a place in the county squad. Having watched Johnny and other established county stars down the years within our club, i think he has the potential to be as good any of the lads that have wore the county jersey from our club. This is my opinion. Can you name the 6/7 men you reckon are ahead of him as a matter of interest?

Its understandable your going to defend your club colleague but it doesn't mean that your right. Everybody's entitled to have an opinion and that's mine. I would count Michael Cassidy, Ruairi Mullan, Kieran McGeary, Dwayne Quinn, Padraig Hampsey, Ruairi Kelly and Niall Sludden all ahead of him for a spot in the defence.

Can i asked on what basis are you basing your opinion on that these fellas are ahead of Johnny? I am not doubting that these lads are good footballers but after watching a lot of club football this year and seeing most of these lads play I rate johnny better than most if not all.  I know you think i am looking at this through rose tinted glasses but believe me, this is not an opinion just based on my club loyalties.

I'm not the only one that thinks these 7 lads are capable of playing county football, there's a broad consensus that they should and will be called up. Four of the lads I mentioned starred in defence on the Tyrone U21 All Ireland winning side this year. Ruairi Kelly was a used substitute on the same side and has put in some great performances for Trillick at full back on their way to an Ulster semi final. Both Quinn and Sludden have played on O'Neill cup winning sides recently and are considered by many as mainstays of their respective team. I must admit I've only seen Monroe play twice this year but on both occasions he didn't stand out as county standard. If we're going to be serious about challenging for an All Ireland I'm afraid Monroe is not the answer.

And i am not the only one who things Johnny deserves his chance and these people are basing their opinion on more watching him in more than 2 games!!   I am not saying that johnny is ready to come in and get a starting slot straight away.  His potential is huge and with a bit more experience and strength and conditional coaching he could be an automatic starter in a few years.  He is also a main stay on the carrickmore team.  (At least he ticks one box of your selection criteria)

Automatic starter in a few years? A previous poster has already confirmed he's either 22 or 23 years old. So what you're saying is he'll be ready for county football by the time he hits 26/27 years of age. Can we wait that long? Surely it would make more sense to concentrate on developing the lads that are just out of U21 football with an All Ireland medal to boot. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I'm doubtful.

The Golden Years

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 11:09:07 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 10:33:18 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 08:41:48 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 12, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 12, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on November 12, 2015, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 12, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.
Any word on anyone else getting called up?

Don't think he's strong enough or good enough for county football.
I think he is good enough
For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

Would you consider any of you're Greencastle men worthy of a Tyrone trial at the minute? That is if you can get them out of Eddie McCullaghs!

No I don't consider any of our men good enough at the moment and never have I made the suggestion! Carrickmore men are taking great offence at my opinion on Monroe. Like it or not, there's at least 6/7 men in the county who I believe are ahead of Monroe.

Dont think anybody is taking offence but just stating how highly rated he is within the club and that he is certainly deserving of a place in the county squad. Having watched Johnny and other established county stars down the years within our club, i think he has the potential to be as good any of the lads that have wore the county jersey from our club. This is my opinion. Can you name the 6/7 men you reckon are ahead of him as a matter of interest?

Its understandable your going to defend your club colleague but it doesn't mean that your right. Everybody's entitled to have an opinion and that's mine. I would count Michael Cassidy, Ruairi Mullan, Kieran McGeary, Dwayne Quinn, Padraig Hampsey, Ruairi Kelly and Niall Sludden all ahead of him for a spot in the defence.

Can i asked on what basis are you basing your opinion on that these fellas are ahead of Johnny? I am not doubting that these lads are good footballers but after watching a lot of club football this year and seeing most of these lads play I rate johnny better than most if not all.  I know you think i am looking at this through rose tinted glasses but believe me, this is not an opinion just based on my club loyalties.

I'm not the only one that thinks these 7 lads are capable of playing county football, there's a broad consensus that they should and will be called up. Four of the lads I mentioned starred in defence on the Tyrone U21 All Ireland winning side this year. Ruairi Kelly was a used substitute on the same side and has put in some great performances for Trillick at full back on their way to an Ulster semi final. Both Quinn and Sludden have played on O'Neill cup winning sides recently and are considered by many as mainstays of their respective team. I must admit I've only seen Monroe play twice this year but on both occasions he didn't stand out as county standard. If we're going to be serious about challenging for an All Ireland I'm afraid Monroe is not the answer.

And i am not the only one who things Johnny deserves his chance and these people are basing their opinion on more watching him in more than 2 games!!   I am not saying that johnny is ready to come in and get a starting slot straight away.  His potential is huge and with a bit more experience and strength and conditional coaching he could be an automatic starter in a few years.  He is also a main stay on the carrickmore team.  (At least he ticks one box of your selection criteria)

Automatic starter in a few years? A previous poster has already confirmed he's either 22 or 23 years old. So what you're saying is he'll be ready for county football by the time he hits 26/27 years of age. Can we wait that long? Surely it would make more sense to concentrate on developing the lads that are just out of U21 football with an All Ireland medal to boot. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I'm doubtful.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant

tv pundit

Gaafan2
Johnny Munroe was under 21 in 2014, therefore he is one year older than all these lads you are talking about. Mc nabb, mc Namee, colly cavanagh etc didn't reach their potential until mid 20s

Gaafan2

Quote from: tv pundit on November 13, 2015, 05:29:31 PM
Gaafan2
Johnny Munroe was under 21 in 2014, therefore he is one year older than all these lads you are talking about. Mc nabb, mc Namee, colly cavanagh etc didn't reach their potential until mid 20s

Irrespective of what age he is or when he'll reach his potential I don't think he's capable of playing county football, in my informed opinion.

WBF

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 06:02:06 PM
Gaafan2

Irrespective of what age he is or when he'll reach his potential I don't think he's capable of playing county football, in my informed opinion.

Well I don't really know how informed your opinion is to be honest, great footballer who was the Tyrone minor captain and also think he may have been the u21 captain in his final year?

superstar_

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 06:02:06 PM
Gaafan2

Same age as Conall McCann, Richie Donnelly, Ronan O'Neill etc. And anyone who watches club football or even under 21 football this past few years can see he's at a similar level to them and is fully deserving of a call up.

tyroneclub

Agree on the majorities opinion off Johnny Munroe. Great footballer and when the chips were down against Clonoe he threw everything to try to produce a come back but unfortunately he was on his own. Every team would like a player like Munroe.

rrhf

Is he Raymond monroes cub? Very few Carmen footballers make the county and are found wanting.

GaelTheGael

Kieran McGeary, Hugh pat McGeary, Johnny Munroe, Niall sludden, Harry Og Conlon, Paudie Hampsey and David Mulgrew have been called up.
David Mulgrew is the big surprise there, if I was picking anyone from Ardboe I would've expected Michael Cassidy to have been called up, be interesting to see how he steps up.

blewuporstuffed

Surprised at harry OG colon too. Not near that standard imo.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GaelTheGael

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 13, 2015, 10:55:15 PM
Good year for edendork and still issues around the middle and target man at the edge of the square.

Onthe40

Sludden and hampsey the only valuable additions, IMO.

superstar_

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 14, 2015, 12:04:06 AM
Harsh on Kieran McGeary, I see him as a brilliant addition, could see him at wing half forward. Better option that Meyler in my opinion, classy going forward and doesn't shy away from his defensive duties.

reddgnhand

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 13, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

Agree I've seen him quite a few times and never once stood out. What about big Dan McNulty? Surely he has something to offer.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 14, 2015, 12:04:06 AM

Jasus, I'd be giving the lads a chance to at least get their Christmas dinners over, do a bit of training and play a few matches before writing them off.
That was never a square ball!!