Woman Drivers

Started by thebigfella, September 27, 2011, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mannix on September 27, 2011, 11:27:33 PM
living and driving in ny I can safely say that drivers in Ireland are great drivers. The stuff I see them at here boggles the mind, much like what the eastern European crowd driving in Ireland are at.
Driving through stop signs,red lights,parking on footpaths or blocking wheelchair ramps and overtaking on bends etc, the most annoying thing is blowing the horn as soon as the light goes green only to be stuck again 10 seconds later at another and do the same again.
Irish drivers are definitely better in most ways.

Australian drivers are mad, they drive through railway crossings when they are closed (they have half gates that you can zig-zag through. They don't know how to use their indicators, and have little understanding how to use a roundabout correctly. They also seem to have a much more lax attitude to drink driving to Ireland from what I could see.

Merseyside drivers don't use their indicators when changing lanes and drive through crossings when pedestrians still have right of way.

Drivers in Brittany and Paris are mad from my experience.

Eastern European drivers in Ireland drive up on footpaths to get around you and on swing into the wrong lanes on bends on small Irish roads (from what I have witnessed)

Then there is the crazy driving up in Inishowen.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

tyroneman

Don't know if women are any better or worse at driving per se but have noticed that they rarely acknowledge any courtesy given to them. If you let them pull out at a junction or slip into your lane in busy traffic you don't get so much as a nod to say thanks.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rois on September 27, 2011, 05:57:05 PM
I was complimented recently on my parallel parking skills - having had to park on a very crowded street for two or three years, I got very used to it. 

Nothing like necessity to concentrate the mind. The wife when I first met her didn't use her mirrors when reversing, all she was missing was the arm slung around the passenger seat. She fairly got used to them though when it was a condition on upgrading the car.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mannix

A woman once told me about a friend of hers that she had asked to pick her up at JFK airport, the plane landed but  no sign of the girl with the car. She had left the airport because she could not get a spot free where she could drive in and drive out (parking spaces head to head). The girl could not reverse the car, same thing happens when they go to the mall, go early or prepare for a long walk from the far corner of the parking area.