Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Remember that crowd of poor divils that were stuck on the mountain in Iraq a couple of weeks ago with no food or water and Islamist headbangers chasing after them?
THEY did less givin out!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Quote from: screenexile on August 28, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
Jaysus lads you couldn't have made this up if you tried... it gets better and better!!

Quotehttp://www.hoganstand.com/Football/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=223260

Gay pride parade to clash with Kerry-Mayo replay
28 August 2014

The Pride Parade is expected to bring the city to a near standstill.

Considerable traffic congestion is expected in Limerick on Saturday when the city hosts both the All-Ireland SFC semi-final replay between Kerry and Mayo and the biggest gay pride parade ever to take place in Ireland.

GAA supporters have been advised to travel early as the Pride Parade – which is the highlight of Limerick Pride Week – is expected to bring the city to a near standstill. Many streets around the city centre will be closed off to traffic for the parade which gets underway at 2pm – three hours before the eagerly-awaited replay throws in at the nearby Gaelic Grounds.

The anticipated traffic delays will only add to the frustration felt by Mayo fans, in particular, at the GAA's decision to fix the replay for Limerick. Following last Sunday's drawn encounter, the Connacht champions requested that the replay be postponed and held in Croke Park seven days later, but this wasn't entertained by GAA top brass.

GAA headquarters is unavailable this Saturday because it was already committed to hosting an American football college game between the University of Central Florida and Penn State.

For information on traffic arrangements, check out the Limerick GAA website, www.limerick.ie

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads, if the Gay Pride thing is on, you might want to disregard the whole Castletroy/Town thing. I've no idea how parking would be on Charlottes Quay or the Strand with that on.

Bod Mor

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2014, 11:24:55 AM
Quote from: Canalman on August 28, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
Have to say this thread has turned into unintentional comedy gold. Guys you are playing in Limerick not the Gobi desert.

Btw Limerick is an absolute gem of a place . Great pubs etc.

I for one hope they survive this 'nightmare' and are in good spirits for the final

What's the view like from the top of that Ivory tower?

In all seriousness, I, for one am looking forward to a semi final in Limerick. Easy for me to say from 20000kms away but this will be one heck of a spectacle and there will be some amount of Mayo support by the sounds of things. I actually also think it was good that Donaghy came on the last day and exposed our 'weakness'.
We have time to react to that now but not only that but like the buc in room 101, our biggest fear is the Kerry high ball into Donaghy and the net being rattled. I do lay awake peaking out from under the duvet in fear at this very prospect. Now that those demons are exorcised, we must first contain that big fatach which is easier said than done but I expect a change at our number 3.
Christ ai'd give my left magarlaì to be there on Saturday but what can you do.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Crete Boom

Jaysus lads you couldn't have made this up if you tried... it gets better and better!!

28 August 2014

Considerable traffic congestion is expected in Limerick on Saturday when the city hosts both the All-Ireland SFC semi-final replay between Kerry and Mayo and the biggest gay pride parade ever to take place in Ireland.

GAA supporters have been advised to travel early as the Pride Parade – which is the highlight of Limerick Pride Week – is expected to bring the city to a near standstill. Many streets around the city centre will be closed off to traffic for the parade which gets underway at 2pm – three hours before the eagerly-awaited replay throws in at the nearby Gaelic Grounds.

The anticipated traffic delays will only add to the frustration felt by Mayo fans, in particular, at the GAA's decision to fix the replay for Limerick. Following last Sunday's drawn encounter, the Connacht champions requested that the replay be postponed and held in Croke Park seven days later, but this wasn't entertained by GAA top brass.

GAA headquarters is unavailable this Saturday because it was already committed to hosting an American football college game between the University of Central Florida and Penn State.

For information on traffic arrangements, check out the Limerick GAA website, www.limerick.ie

Just another average day following Mayo screenexile. ;)
I think the best advice I can give the rest of the GAA public is that unless your county is playing us you should stay in bed or go on holiday that day because a series of the most ridiculous events imaginable is normally all that follows and that is before the ball is even thrown in!! ;D ;D

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2014, 11:44:50 AM
Remember that crowd of poor divils that were stuck on the mountain in Iraq a couple of weeks ago with no food or water and Islamist headbangers chasing after them?
THEY did less givin out!

Given the apparent impossibility of getting from Mayo to Limerick by normal routes Enda is now coordinating the airdrop of 20,000 Mayo fans into Limerick. 

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2014, 11:53:43 AM

28 August 2014

Just another average day following Mayo screenexile. ;)
I think the best advice I can give the rest of the GAA public is that unless your county is playing us you should stay in bed or go on holiday that day because a series of the most ridiculous events imaginable is normally all that follows and that is before the ball is even thrown in!! ;D ;D

saturday might be the first taste this year for some back-door action for Kerry
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

StephenC

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2014, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: StephenC on August 28, 2014, 10:28:39 AM
Loads of Mayo people talking about getting the train from Galway to Limerick.

They may be taking the train from Galway to Limerick, but they more than likely won't be getting the train on the way back as the last train leaves at 18:34!

?? I'd a quick look on Irish rail there and there's later ones.

Sidney

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 28, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

One set of supporters will be all bummed out by 7:00 on Saturday evening, anyway. For the other, Sam Maguire will lie over the rainbow.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Sidney on August 28, 2014, 01:00:52 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 28, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

One set of supporters will be all bummed out by 7:00 on Saturday evening, anyway. For the other, Sam Maguire will lie over the rainbow.
Unless it finishes level AET.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Club 51

We have loads of info up on our website about parking and buses travelling to the match on Saturday. Information is being updated on an hourly basis as we get more information.

http://mayoclub51.com/we-go-again-and-heres-how-to-get-there/

Lar Naparka

Quote from: StephenC on August 28, 2014, 12:58:25 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2014, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: StephenC on August 28, 2014, 10:28:39 AM
Loads of Mayo people talking about getting the train from Galway to Limerick.

They may be taking the train from Galway to Limerick, but they more than likely won't be getting the train on the way back as the last train leaves at 18:34!

?? I'd a quick look on Irish rail there and there's later ones.
Yes there is but to where? Most who intend travelling by train will be coming from Dublin.
There is a 20.25 to Galway okay but that's not of much use to the majority of Mayo supporters.
When I checked, the last one to Dublin leaves at 18.50. Either way, it means an overnight stay  for many or a long drive through the night.
Even without the Gay Parade craic, I don't think anyone could make the last train to Dublin unless they left the game before the end.
I accept that some Kerry folk will have a lot of travelling to do also but that's sweet damn all consolation for Mayo fans who have to get there to begin with and then have to face the journey back home.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Sidney

There will surely be a novel to be written about the Mayo supporters' long, arduous trek across the barren Plain of the Yews and beyond on Saturday.

I suggest a working title based on John Steinbeck's classic tale of migration out west, "The Sour Grapes of Wrath".

Whether they actually make it to the promised land of California, sorry, Limerick, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on August 28, 2014, 01:26:02 PM
There will surely be a novel to be written about the Mayo supporters' long, arduous trek across the barren Plain of the Yews and beyond on Saturday.

I suggest a working title based on John Steinbeck's classic tale of migration out west, "The Sour Grapes of Wrath".

Whether they actually make it to the promised land of California, sorry, Limerick, well, we'll just have to wait and see.
Give it a rest, Sidney. You are doing yourself no favours. Stick to what you are good at.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU