Coffee machine

Started by redzone, January 17, 2021, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Had a De Longhi and loved it but it eventually packed in like these things always do after a few years continuous daily use. Loved it, especially recommend it for the latte-drinking liberal elites.

Have an Avanza series 600, doesn't miss a beat but too much pissing about to make a cappuccino or latte so I now only drink Americanos

lurganblue

I don't have a fancy machine but I love the coffee I get from using the aeropress. Get my coffee online from bailies coffee roasters.

The aeropress is a great job. Easy cleaned and portable enough.

Abble

Quote from: lurganblue on January 18, 2021, 12:04:02 PM
I don't have a fancy machine but I love the coffee I get from using the aeropress. Get my coffee online from bailies coffee roasters.

just the man....i am partial to the odd cappucino and never touched coffee until  a few years back, but now as one two above, am spending serious bucks monthly, so i either neither to cut right back or come up with cheaper alternative

is it possible, using the aeropress along with likes of a milk frother to produce anything decent in the way of flat white, latte , cappucino ??

dont think flat whites have been mentioned yet there, so just thought i would throw it into the mix lol

marty34

Quote from: general_lee on January 18, 2021, 11:54:57 AM
Had a De Longhi and loved it but it eventually packed in like these things always do after a few years continuous daily use. Loved it, especially recommend it for the latte-drinking liberal elites.

Have an Avanza series 600, doesn't miss a beat but too much pissing about to make a cappuccino or latte so I now only drink Americanos

Ok Jamie!!

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on January 18, 2021, 11:29:13 AM
I've only really got into Coffee in the past few years (Cyclists are awful awful wankers about Coffee), you really don't be long spunking a lot of money on them on a daily basis, an Americano and my daily newspapers were regularly costing me £30-£40 p/w. For the New Year I've cut back and started buying those boxes of Lattes/Caupucinnos, does the job - but I'm not a fully fledged Coffee w**ker.

Couldn't be as bad as personal trainers and their coffee?

I have got onto coffee the last few years. We have a nespresso in the office I think it's nice but the coffee snobs will probably think it's like drinking dishwater. Around £3 or £4 for a pack of 10.

Tony Baloney

I would never have been much of a coffee drinker and even now wouldn't have it in the house as I like going out for a coffee. Wee place in Armagh called The Craic'd Pot does really nice coffee and would convert any non-coffee drinker. Far superior to the big high Street outlets.

general_lee

Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:24:12 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 18, 2021, 11:54:57 AM

Ok Jamie!!
I include myself in that demographic  8)

lurganblue

Quote from: Abble on January 18, 2021, 12:14:15 PM

just the man....i am partial to the odd cappucino and never touched coffee until  a few years back, but now as one two above, am spending serious bucks monthly, so i either neither to cut right back or come up with cheaper alternative

is it possible, using the aeropress along with likes of a milk frother to produce anything decent in the way of flat white, latte , cappucino ??

dont think flat whites have been mentioned yet there, so just thought i would throw it into the mix lol

The aeropress basically filters the coffee into your cup. Then you can go ahead and add frothy milk etc yourself if you wish.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Abble on January 18, 2021, 12:14:15 PM

I might be corrected here, but to get anything resembling a proper latte, cappuccino or especially a flat white, you need a proper steam wand... and therefore a proper barista machine. Still recommending the Sage Bambino Plus! £400 most places but I've seen it for sale from CloudPicker and another site in the south for €300...

redzone

I got the Bambino from cloud picker,great machine. Never any trouble with last 3 years now.
Any recommendations for coffee from local places that deliver. Like to try somethung  different all the time

Jeepers Creepers

Got a new Breville barista max over the Christmas period. Had a Nespresso machine but wanted stronger coffee. Great machine at around £270 in the Black Friday sale on Amazon. Takes while getting used to trying to perfect it but once you get going.

God14

breville do a good coffee machine, i got a breville one touch coffee house 4 years ago. Love it. Approx £200

Rois

Quote from: redzone on January 19, 2024, 11:25:27 AMI got the Bambino from cloud picker,great machine. Never any trouble with last 3 years now.
Any recommendations for coffee from local places that deliver. Like to try somethung  different all the time
Try New Kid Coffee - friends of mine started it, based down in Letterkenny but they will deliver to NI for free if you order over €30 or so.  Really good. 

Last Man

I decide to stick with a Bialetti Mocha pot from Tk-Max for 20quid. Lovely smell in the house in the morning. good beans required though, Belfast Coffee roasters hard to beat.

Rois

Quote from: Last Man on January 19, 2024, 03:44:20 PMI decide to stick with a Bialetti Mocha pot from Tk-Max for 20quid. Lovely smell in the house in the morning. good beans required though, Belfast Coffee roasters hard to beat.
They sadly don't do decaff, but I had a bag of their Christmas blend (any different to any other time of the year??) and it was nice.