Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebigdog

In the Advent of the super 8s and the scheduling of home games in the height of summer it is now time for the Tyrone county board and others to invest in better ground infrastructure.  It may cost a lot of money but it will have to be done.

RedHand88

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 01, 2018, 11:17:52 AM
Any club member should get priority over a season ticket holder???
A club member pays an annual subscription to his/her club and doesn't have to attend any matches whatsoever. A season ticket holder pays out more and that is before the expense of travelling away to these games.

This.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Therealdonald on August 01, 2018, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on August 01, 2018, 12:24:56 PM
Don't think the issue here is season ticket holders, the vast majority of whom I would envisage are club members. The issue is non GAA members getting tickets before GAA members, an example is someone where I live saying he noticed people queuing for tickets in SuperValu, he decided on a whim to buy 2 himself. I'd say this man has been to about 5 GAA in his entire life. Contrast this to senior players in our club who are training/playing/coaching every week and they can't get a ticket. I'll say no more...

I think it'd be a 50/50 split. Obviously Club Tyrone gets frst pick, but the clubs/players should get precedence over season ticket holders. At least we won't have to listen to the crying about having to stand at a game i.e the Dublin game.

You still haven't come up with a non-comical explanation regarding who occupied the Stand for the Dublin game?

Instead, you just seem to be throwing mud about hither and thither (and yes, I'm Club Tyrone too, plus a Patron, plus a Dragon).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
A club member pays an annual subscription to his/her club and doesn't have to attend any matches whatsoever. A season ticket holder pays out more and that is before the expense of travelling away to these games.

This.

I know people who volunteer at their Club 3 or 4 nights a week. When NFL or McKenna Cup games are on they dont have time OR have work commitments OR Club commitments on that mean they cant attend.

For example. In Feb someone coaches the senior team. Training Tues
Training Fri
Match Sun

Saturday is given over to catching up at home or family time. So it's fair they.miss out to someone who never darkens the Club door?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

In hiding

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 01, 2018, 11:12:37 PM

This.

I know people who volunteer at their Club 3 or 4 nights a week. When NFL or McKenna Cup games are on they dont have time OR have work commitments OR Club commitments on that mean they cant attend.

Training Fri
Match Sun

Saturday is given over to catching up at home or family time. So it's fair they.miss out to someone who never darkens the Club door?

This

bigtogs

somebody made some c**k up here we may never find out who is responsible for this....

omagh_gael

Quote from: bigtogs on August 01, 2018, 11:27:04 PM
somebody made some c**k up here we may never find out who is responsible for this....

Looks to me like it was Croke Park. Surely they'd have been responsible for releasing the tickets on general sale before clubs even got their reminders out to members for requests.

RedHand88

This.

Training Fri
Match Sun

I do feel for these people. But the model where county tickets are distributed through clubs is flawed too. Putting the fate of a  entire town or village in the hands of one person is wild. Club politics will always play a role in who gets a ticket and who loses out. We all remember hearing the stories in 2003.

Tyrone Dreamer

This.

Training Fri
Match Sun

There is plenty of tickets for this relatively small number of club people along with the die hard Tyrone fans who follow the team whether they are going well or not. The issue is some people here are suggesting that general members deserve tickets ahead of the season ticket holders. As noted most of the season ticket holders are active club supporters and members as well.

The season ticket system is great for rewarding the loyal fans with attendance being monitored. This isn't always the case when tickets are dealt with through the clubs as often those in the know are sorted first and the most loyal fans who go to games all year could end up in a draw for tickets with someone who hasn't been to a game.

As I said earlier if it wasn't for the season ticket holders Tyrone would have little or no support at a lot of the non home games.

Wee Roddy

.....and only for this club members and workers there would be no county team. It is a problem we will all have to deal with in the future. Like it or not we have to reward the corporate bodies who fund our games and no one could possibly say players and backroom staff dont deserve tickets. We cried out for games out of Croke Park, so this is the downside

Fear ón Srath Bán

Club members and season ticket holders are not mutually exclusive groups, they're complementary, and there's a very significant overlap I should imagine.

Regarding the Dublin game -- it's no hardship to have had to go to the Terrace as opposed to the Stand. Rather, it's what it represented, which was the breaking of the ST 'contract', for the first time, and would agree that Croke Park would appear to be the culprits.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trailer

It's a big game in a small ground. People were always going to miss out. It sucks I know. But that's the reality. Should as many tickets went on sale in super valu's? Probably not, but either way a lot of fans were going to be disappointed unfortunately.

RetiredRessie

Tickets should not of been on general sale before club allocation plain and simple.

Season ticket holders and club members should be equal priority.

RedHand88

Quote from: RetiredRessie on August 02, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
Tickets should not of been on general sale before club allocation plain and simple.

Season ticket holders and club members should be equal priority.

Problem there is that season tickets go to more or less every single game. Is it fair that a club member comes along and gets an equal shout when they maybe didn't go near a Tyrone game all year?

RedHand88

Quote from: In hiding on August 01, 2018, 11:19:59 PM

This.

Training Fri
Match Sun

This

McKenna cup games are 70mins long, same as late on championship games. If they don't have time for a McKenna cup game then logically they don't have time for a  all Ireland series game either.