Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Whats the story with McCarron does anyone know?
Missed the first 2 games for Dromore, didnt play at the wkend again and if memory serves me right didnt play in last years league Semi and I think only came on as a sub in the league final??
Wasnt himself in the national league, Do we think he's a guaranteed start in 2 weeks time? Is he injured??

EastTyrone

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 12, 2017, 04:47:10 PM
I reckon big Joe could full forward for the Derry match. We should play a 4 man FF line to confuse them.

Fuzzman at it again. They will really not see this coming now!

seanmc123

Quote from: Legoman5 on May 16, 2017, 08:53:52 AM
Whats the story with McCarron does anyone know?
Missed the first 2 games for Dromore, didnt play at the wkend again and if memory serves me right didnt play in last years league Semi and I think only came on as a sub in the league final??
Wasnt himself in the national league, Do we think he's a guaranteed start in 2 weeks time? Is he injured??

He lives in Kildare and works in Dublin, I would say that has a bearing on the club resting him more this stage of the season to having him fresher at the end. Not sure if anyone knows more I'd be open to listening. Think we could handle Derry without him but has to play against Donegal

southtyronegael

Mc Carron too busy embarressing everyone to be playin football. I think johnny Munroe  should take his place. Ah shit forgot he's had enough of all the shite too.  Mickey has yet another article in the Irish news today so at least he's happy.

toby47

"Cathal McCarron is in a race against time to be fit for Tyrone's Ulster SFC opener against Derry.

The experienced defender sustained a hamstring injury during an in-house game at Garvaghey last week and was unavailable to his club, Dromore, for their clash with Carrickmore over the weekend.

McCarron's clubmate Niall Sludden was also rested at the weekend but is expected to be fully fit for the provincial quarter-final at Celtic Park on May 28th.."

seanmc123

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 16, 2017, 01:45:09 PM
Mc Carron too busy embarressing everyone to be playin football. I think johnny Munroe  should take his place. Ah shit forgot he's had enough of all the shite too.  Mickey has yet another article in the Irish news today so at least he's happy.

Where you from retard ? For you sure are not a Tyrone supporter?

omaghjoe

So what is the deal with Munroe, apologies if someone has mentioned it already (southtyrone excluded obviously)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 16, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
So what is the deal with Munroe, apologies if someone has mentioned it already (southtyrone excluded obviously)

It's a strange one, a bit like PJ Lavery a few year back. Munroe was well involved in the league and getting of game time - not too many starts but still featuring regularly, McCarron now finds himself carrying an injury and he could easily be starting against Derry if he stuck around. I think he's been a bit hasty but may be there are other factors at play.

Is Michael Cassidy still on the squad, lads? He got injured during the McKenna Cup and it curtailed him being able to stake a claim, think he's a quality player and very versatile which Harte will like. Would hope we might see some of him later on in the year.

Il Bomber Destro

Also McHugh and McCullagh have barely featured, are they still knocking about?

McHugh could be an interesting prospect, seems to score quite well but having seen him in action he does look fairly lightweight. A year with the county might actually help him bulk up and prepare him for this level. Disappointing for him though given the form of McCurry and O'Neill and the fact Mulgrew and Brennan were being give to the U21s.

McCullagh is a bit samey to the likes of McShane, R Donnelly, McClure etc and probably not as good.

tothetop03

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 16, 2017, 06:30:26 PM

Maybe Carrickmore people here can shed some light on this,they may be your best hope...i heard loads of rumours am sure 99% are  pie in the sky....McCarron has looked sluggish for a while.... will not be easy replaced all the same....espec with McMahon Justin on his last legs at CHB... That possibly could be 2 defenders needing replaced before we start.. Sludden at CHB prob..Corner backs are not plentiful though...

southtyronegael

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 11:51:34 AM
Johnny left as he wasnt enjoying the whole Tyrone set up.  There was no fun in it.  Children get into football because it is something they enjoy doing and continue to play into their adult life as the enjoyment is still there.  Once the enjoyment goes what is the point putting in the effort that is required especially when you playing second fiddle to Aidan McCrory.  He was telling me that club football is were the enjoyment is for him and thats what he wants to play.  He also told me that there is a lot of other young lads that are not enjoying it but afraid / having the balls to to leave.
i think this poster gave the real reason.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 16, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

This is disgusting! I take it the moderators have abandoned the site.

southtyronegael

i also thought seanmc123's choice of words was a touch insensitive but i expect nothing less from his type.

longballin

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 16, 2017, 09:21:52 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on May 16, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

This is disgusting! I take it the moderators have abandoned the site.

which is disgusting? calling someone a 'retard' or what southman said?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 16, 2017, 06:55:32 PM
Also McHugh and McCullagh have barely featured, are they still knocking about?

McHugh could be an interesting prospect, seems to score quite well but having seen him in action he does look fairly lightweight. A year with the county might actually help him bulk up and prepare him for this level. Disappointing for him though given the form of McCurry and O'Neill and the fact Mulgrew and Brennan were being give to the U21s.

McCullagh is a bit samey to the likes of McShane, R Donnelly, McClure etc and probably not as good.
Personally don't think McHugh is good enough for this level but feel McCullagh could have offered something in the full forward line, big strong lad and can take a score but maybe not Hartes cup of tea.