Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Not as bad as made out above but didn't win a championship game for 4 years in a row from 1990 to 1993. End of the 90s was poor enough time too. Few bad championship exits including a stuffing from Derry in 97 and throwing away a good lead to get beat by down in 99 who were badly shown up in the final.

southtyronegael

of course there have been plenty of bad times with the 3 years post meath 96 standing out but i can say with hand on heart ive never been depressed as much about tyrone  as now.

tothetop03

I just think Tyrone County football is in better shape today than it was in the early 1990's only an opinion...

seanmc123

McCarron missing from Carrickmore v Dromore game today. Word going round he has tore his hamstring, is this true or a load of 💩

tothetop03

Mcclure played for us today lazarus recovery...

bigpackiechestout

So yesterday was the last club action the county lads will see before the Derry game. What way are we shaping up on the injuries front - I understand McCarron and Sludden both sat out of the Dromore game yesterday, anybody have any insight on their chances of being fit for Sunday week? What's the story with Justy McMahon? Meyler has been back playing for Omagh the past few games and Mark Bradley is back from injury for Killyclogher.

Harry Loughran seems to be playing serious stuff for the Moy, he bagged 4 goals a couple of weeks ago and got another 2 yesterday. As has been said here previously, Harte has form for springing a surprise in the first round of the championship so i could see him getting some game time in the half back line, particularly if McCarron isn't fit.

BennyHarp

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 15, 2017, 11:40:21 AM
So yesterday was the last club action the county lads will see before the Derry game. What way are we shaping up on the injuries front - I understand McCarron and Sludden both sat out of the Dromore game yesterday, anybody have any insight on their chances of being fit for Sunday week? What's the story with Justy McMahon? Meyler has been back playing for Omagh the past few games and Mark Bradley is back from injury for Killyclogher.

Harry Loughran seems to be playing serious stuff for the Moy, he bagged 4 goals a couple of weeks ago and got another 2 yesterday. As has been said here previously, Harte has form for springing a surprise in the first round of the championship so i could see him getting some game time in the half back line, particularly if McCarron isn't fit.

:D It is a sign of the times when we use this sort of logic to try and predict a Tyrone team for the first round of the championship.
That was never a square ball!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 15, 2017, 11:51:03 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 15, 2017, 11:40:21 AM

:D It is a sign of the times when we use this sort of logic to try and predict a Tyrone team for the first round of the championship.

A positive sign and one that is symptomatic of the free flowing, total-football style of play that characterises Tyrone football  ;)

Fuzzman

Was thinking the same Benny but I suppose we do play with 9 at half back these days.

Where does Loughran play for Moy?
I'm glad to hear Bradley, Lee Brennan and Mulgrew all came through the league games with no serious injuries.
Hopefully Sludden isn't gonna have a year of being in and out of the team. For me he's one of our most important players now.

WT4E

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 15, 2017, 01:20:20 PM
Big Joe has called it a day..
http://tyronegaa.ie/2017/05/joe-mcmahon-calls-time-inter-county-career/

What a career Big Joe had - Was capable wherever he played. Another of the golden generation gone. Don't know how to post pictures but my favourite without doubt is his roar into tommy walshs face. Neither man backing down - pure classic!

Onthe40

well he hasnt really featured in 2 years...dont think he has even played for Omagh this year yet...so must be struggling big time with the rehab... goes out with plenty of medals in his pocket..

Beantown

Big Joe was a fantastic player, very languid, graceful style about him.  Could play anywhere, had size, skill, could shoot with both feet and never panicked on the ball.  A real character too.  Best wishes to him for the future.

southtyronegael

would like to wish big joe all the best in his retirement. owes tyrone nothing at this stage. every time he pulled the tyrone jersey on the gave his best and dont it in multiple positions. a great all round player. maith thu.