Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 31, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
Aidan McCrory is well worth his place on the Tyrone team, all of this hate and this "if he wasnt from Errigal" is completely uncalled for.
Is his place secure? Absolutely not, probably the most as risk, but until Munroe, Hampsey, HP McGeary, Brennan etc. show they can perform consistently and against bigger teams on the big days (all well and good playing well McKenna cup or against weaker teams in Division 2) McCrory has done enough to warrant keeping his place in the 15.

+1

He's been a steady performer for us over the past two years and I think he's definitely improved in that time.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 29, 2016, 10:35:10 PM
Just seen the Cavan team and it is a strong enough outfit and with conditions expected to get bad over next 24/36 hours then they will be a leveller and will suit the men in blue.

This maybe a lot tighter than people expect but I think we scrape him by 2 points - hopefully much more but a tight dogged affair wouldn't surprise me at all.

:) :)

square_ball

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 31, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on January 29, 2016, 10:35:10 PM
Just seen the Cavan team and it is a strong enough outfit and with conditions expected to get bad over next 24/36 hours then they will be a leveller and will suit the men in blue.

This maybe a lot tighter than people expect but I think we scrape him by 2 points - hopefully much more but a tight dogged affair wouldn't surprise me at all.

:) :)

Get this man a column in the Irish news! Well called sir.

WT4E

Have to agree with Roddy on this whilst he has good attributes the role he plays for Tyrone seems unusual - I have never seen an inter county defender that seems to always pop up at the opposing goal only for him look like a rabbit caught in the headlights in the end up.

HP McGeary looks like a solid defender and a lad that can finish so in my view if your not going to play mccrory totally in defense son't play him at all.

Out of interest how did he perform yesterday?

BTW I'm not questioning his club or his commitment to the County.

TF15

There's always knobs crying favouritism, whether that be to do with their family or club. In recent years Mark, Davy and Peter Harte were labelled with this at different points in their careers. DD Mulgrew seems to now be getting it as horses nephew. Ciaran McGinley had it for a while and now McCrory is getting it as he's from Mickeys home club. Sensible posters don't take much heed of it but there's a collection of those who always will have some kind of agenda and will use a favouritism narrative and a fall guy to have a go at Harte and his back room team.

However, I hope HP McGeary, Hampsey and Munroe all get a chance in the coming weeks.

Lastly, can our free takers please practice like fcuk, we need this problem addressed if provincial and AI honours are to be won.

The Golden Years

If the cap fits with regards to favoritism.  To me McCrory is an ordinary player.  When he was even called into the county panel i was amazed.  He wouldnt even have made the errigal defense of the teams of the 90s imo.  He lacks the basic skill of kicking the ball which was very evident in last years all ireland semi.  He missed 2 easy opportunities which if he had of scored would could have helped tyrone to victory.  Ordinary players who give their all are still not good enough if we have any aspirations of winning ulster never mind an all ireland.  There is better players out there who if given half the chance of mccrory would prove this.

Tyroneforsam

HP McGeary is a much better option than McCrory. He is very physically strong, never stops running and can take a point into the bargain.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 01, 2016, 03:49:44 PM
HP McGeary is a much better option than McCrory. He is very physically strong, never stops running and can take a point into the bargain.

You would like to think all county players can kick a point from easy opportunities.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 01, 2016, 03:58:20 PM

You would like to think all county players can kick a point from easy opportunities.

You would aye, but your the man that said McCrory cant even kick a ball. you'd like to think all county players could kick a ball.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 01, 2016, 04:16:17 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on February 01, 2016, 03:58:20 PM

You would aye, but your the man that said McCrory cant even kick a ball. you'd like to think all county players could kick a ball.

I was agreeing with you.

Gonzalo15

Am I the only one to think Mcshane shouldn't be anywhere near a county team? So stupid on the ball and in possession, always makes poor decisions and generally hasn't a clue imo

redhandefender

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 02, 2016, 01:40:42 PM
Am I the only one to think Mcshane shouldn't be anywhere near a county team? So stupid on the ball and in possession, always makes poor decisions and generally hasn't a clue imo

Wise up, fantastic athlete, both feet and one of the brightest talents we have had. He has performed at minor, under 21 and although having a bad game mc kenna cup final came back on and showed a set to score a couple of great ponts

Gonzalo15

Quote from: redhandefender on February 02, 2016, 01:49:22 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 02, 2016, 01:40:42 PM

Wise up, fantastic athlete, both feet and one of the brightest talents we have had. He has performed at minor, under 21 and although having a bad game mc kenna cup final came back on and showed a set to score a couple of great ponts

He's an athlete yes, and is strong, the same as so many footballers these day- doesn't make him good. His shot to score ratio is pathetic, he shoots from anywhere and everywhere. Terrible decision maker and continually so wasteful

Redhand Santa

What are you judging McShane on? His senior performances? He's still under 21 and has only made a handful of appearances so would be a bit harsh to give criticism based on that. He had a great year for the under 21s last year. Also for a player just starting out he manages to get an awful lot of ball in games. His decision making needs worked on but that should hopefully improve with time. Its a big step up from junior club football which takes time.

WT4E

I was disappointed with McShane in the McKenna cup final when I was watching it (admittedly not very closely) but was surprised to see he scored 3 points in the match report.

I think that's a good sign if he looks poor and still weighs in with 3 points the signs are positive!