Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: heganboy on October 16, 2008, 06:22:15 PM
Quote from: fred the red on October 16, 2008, 05:57:22 PM

Can the stewards not help you with this??

no we did speak to the chief steward, but no joy

Eventsec are about as much use as a ('The Thick of It' quote time...) marzipan dildo.

fred the red

Main Street

Until the IFA divest itself from these overt connections to republican terrorist outfits, I for one will consider that dastardly organisation unfit to be worthy of the one wee step for peace and reconciliation in our Island.

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

QuoteNorn iron online megastore selling Republican books shocker!!

FFA has gone into overdrive

Doogie Browser

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 06, 2009, 08:34:42 AM
Sinn fein in football boots. :)
Interesting SS2, they will line out 4-4-2,

Goalkeeper - Sue Ramsey, I mean no man in his right mind is going to shoot at her.
Left back - Catriona Ruane, solid enough team player, but reputation for own goals.
Centre Half - Gerry Kelly (C), the teams libido, sorry libero.   Has great experience of leading a team out of tricky blocks and plenty of European experience.
Centre Half - Alex Maskey, the Ying to Kellys Yang, tough as old boots and a banker to rely on in times of need.
Right Back - Barry McElduff, tenacious dare I say annoying little harrier who never gives up on a cause.
Left Wing - Ruari O' Bradaigh - This was a difficult position to fill as they seem to have moved from playing left wing tactics in recent years so the nod goes to a veteran of many campaigns.
Centre Midfield - Martin McGuinness, no better man to take control of a situation, a calming yet intimidating influence who always plays with a chuckle.
Centre Midfield - Raymond McCartney, knows what its like in dirty situations, ideal partner to his mucker from Derry.
Right Wing - Martina Anderson - nice to look at with some fancy tricks.
Striker - Francie Brolly, the teams principle scorer (after Gerry Kelly obviously), sired Dungiven's finest (sorry Quiggy) so has to be in the blood.  Also guaranteed to bring along the guitar on the bus for away games so gets the nod for his craic alone.
Striker - Aengus O'Snodaigh, a good friend of Gaza's so has to be a decent player.

Manager/President/Strategist - Gerry Adams, don't be deceived by the pipe and slippers, this man has decades of experience but apparently never kicked a ball.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Main Street

I'd hope that it was Caoimhín O Caoláin's disciplinary record (while playing for the Dáil) that ruled him out of contention rather than any Monaghan bias.

Doogie Browser

Monaghan?  Where did he get that fecking accent then MS?

This team like SF is a 32 county team so no bias is shown to anyone,
I think I will call them 'Parity of es-team'

Main Street

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 06, 2009, 01:22:06 PM
Monaghan?  Where did he get that fecking accent then MS?
A lifetime of sniffing mushrooms and chicken shíte does strange things to the vocals.

You need a man who takes no prisoners, to watch the back of your midfield general, a man who will without question take the slings and arrows fired into the back of Marty.
McCartney might be your man but Caomhin has some cred, slugging away for years in a hostile environment.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Kyle Laugherty out for the wee six.

Lafferty to miss N Ireland match 
World Cup qualifier: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

Kyle Lafferty has been ruled out of Northern Ireland's World Cup qualifier against Slovakia with a knee injury.

The 21-year-old underwent a scan on the injury he sustained during the 1-1 draw with Poland and was then assessed by the team's medical staff on Tuesday.

It was decided not to take any risks with the player's fitness and the striker has therefore been withdrawn from the squad for Wednesday's game.

Lafferty will return immediately to his club, Glasgow Rangers.

Lafferty sustained the injury during the second half in Poland, in which he scored after 37 minutes of the first half.

With Warren Feeney also missing through injury, Burnley striker Martin Paterson is set to partner David Healy in attack.

The rest of the starting line-up is likely to be unchanged.

606: DEBATE
Wednesday is going to be one of the biggest most special nights at Windsor in decades 
:D ;D :D
Derek-NI

Accrington Stanley striker Billy Kee has been called into the squad.

Meanwhile West Bromwich Albion winger Chris Brunt has joined up with the squad in Belfast after missing the game in Poland because of a calf injury.

Defender Chris Baird is also back in the panel after serving a one-match suspension but striker Andrew Little and Sunderland player George McCartney are still absent.

Kee impressed while playing for the Northern Ireland Elite squad at the recent Milk Cup tournament and was part of the Under-21 panel which lost 2-0 to the Czech Republic in a European Championship qualifying game on Friday night.

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 09, 2009, 09:43:41 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just thought I'd get in there before Tony.

Maybe you should wait until we qualify before you start to gloat. :-\

stew

Bit disappointed at the way McGinn was treated, he seemed to come in for a fair bit of stick from the supporters there near the end.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 09, 2009, 09:54:39 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 09, 2009, 09:43:41 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just thought I'd get in there before Tony.

Maybe you should wait until we qualify before you start to gloat. :-\

Galwaybhoy, this has no relevance to Irelands qualification - just a good aul slagging is all.  ;)
Tbc....