The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2018, 11:13:57 AM
Quote from: stew on March 02, 2018, 10:15:57 AM
Quote from: omochain on March 02, 2018, 05:01:07 AM
Stew
You may not be completely right about politics in USA and Norn Iron.
The tail of evangelicals is wagging the dog of the body politic in both places.
Stay warm and safe in that winter wonderland that is embracing youse all.

Nobody is ever completely right when it comes to politics Omochain.

There is no comparison between the DUP and the Republicans Stateside, one wants to move the USA forward through economic growth and the other, wants to dig ever deeper, the trench that divides them from the Catholic/Nationalist people in the six counties.
The DUP are more rational than the GOP.
And anyone who thinks the GOP care about ordinary people is for the birds.

The GOP do care about the people, I know plenty in the GOP, they are the people ffs!

The GOP are rational, just not to you are like minded people, to me the democrats are effed in the head, it depends were you are coming from I believe.

As for the DUP, a gaggle of neanderthal bitter scumbags, thats all they are!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omochain

Stew

There is no comparison between the DUP and the Republicans Stateside, one wants to move the USA forward through economic growth and the other, wants to dig ever deeper, the trench that divides them from the Catholic/Nationalist people in the six counties.

Not so sure about the GOP moving the economy forward through Economic Growth. They say that and pursue trickle down policies that do not achieve that goal. They are more interested in staying in office and rewarding the donors who keep them funded.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on March 02, 2018, 07:15:55 PM
Stew

Not so sure about the GOP moving the economy forward through Economic Growth. They say that and pursue trickle down policies that do not achieve that goal. They are more interested in staying in office and rewarding the donors who keep them funded.

8 boom years of Clinton came after 12 years of trickle down

omochain

Not sure if you are for me or agin me  ;)

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on March 02, 2018, 07:21:35 PM
Stew

So the current low employment and boom years at the minute are due to Obama then?!!

Good to know!!

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2018, 04:39:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 02, 2018, 07:21:35 PM
Stew

So the current low employment and boom years at the minute are due to Obama then?!!

Good to know!!

Growth is due to Obama, but optimism and reinvestment by corporations is down to Trump.

Economy in a presidents first term is usually down to the last term of the prior president

heganboy

New story that a UAE advisor has also been meddling in the white house on middle eastern policy. 4 nations that US security is aware of identifies Jarrod as a weak link due to naivete and money problems.

At this point the best thing that could come out of this investigation is that the money trail in DC becomes transparent.

Should be a matter of public record if you seek public office for 5 years before and for 5 years after.

I think it is at this point clear that there was significant interference in due process. I don't know if there is a statistical way to calculate the impact. I also don't know how much the Dumpster campaign was aware of the situation of the money or influence.

I also believe the DNC is its own worst enemy and is not the subject of this investigation by dumb luck (i.e. clinton had no love for Putin) or they would have been in the same boat...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on March 04, 2018, 02:08:03 AM
New story that a UAE advisor has also been meddling in the white house on middle eastern policy. 4 nations that US security is aware of identifies Jarrod as a weak link due to naivete and money problems.

At this point the best thing that could come out of this investigation is that the money trail in DC becomes transparent.

Should be a matter of public record if you seek public office for 5 years before and for 5 years after.

I think it is at this point clear that there was significant interference in due process. I don't know if there is a statistical way to calculate the impact. I also don't know how much the Dumpster campaign was aware of the situation of the money or influence.

I also believe the DNC is its own worst enemy and is not the subject of this investigation by dumb luck (i.e. clinton had no love for Putin) or they would have been in the same boat...

Sounds like Kelly's going to clear house

Seems like he was intentionally misled/not informed about Porter.....hes started swinging the axe since that debacle

seafoid

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/amp/trump-was-angry-unglued-when-he-started-trade-war-officials-n852641

With global markets shaken by President Donald Trump's surprise decision to impose strict tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, the president went into battle mode on Friday: "Trade wars are good, and easy to win," he wrote on Twitter.

But the public show of confidence belies the fact that Trump's policy maneuver, which may ultimately harm U.S. companies and American consumers, was announced without any internal review by government lawyers or his own staff, according to a review of an internal White House document.

According to two officials, Trump's decision to launch a potential trade war was born out of anger at other simmering issues and the result of a broken internal process that has failed to deliver him consensus views that represent the best advice of his team.

On Wednesday evening, the president became "unglued," in the words of one official familiar with the president's state of mind.

A trifecta of events had set him off in a way that two officials said they had not seen before: Hope Hicks' testimony to lawmakers investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 election, conduct by his embattled attorney general and the treatment of his son-in-law by his chief of staff.

Trump, the two officials said, was angry and gunning for a fight, and he chose a trade war, spurred on by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Peter Navarro, the White House director for trade — and against longstanding advice from his economic chair Gary Cohn and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin.

There were no prepared, approved remarks for the president to give at the planned meeting, there was no diplomatic strategy for how to alert foreign trade partners, there was no legislative strategy in place for informing Congress and no agreed upon communications plan beyond an email cobbled together by Ross's team at the Commerce Department late Wednesday that had not been approved by the White House.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

I hope they have a better procedure for nuclear weapons deployment than just letting the lunatic do what he wants because he's angry.

It's terrifying.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on March 04, 2018, 10:11:56 AM
I hope they have a better procedure for nuclear weapons deployment than just letting the lunatic do what he wants because he's angry.

It's terrifying.
[/quote
He has the emotional maturity of a dysfunctional 3 year old.
And nobody will contradict him.

heganboy

Gary Cohn resigning

Markets will be fun tomorrow. The saner voices are leaving that administration. Trade wars = easy win according to footspurs.

All wars are trade wars

heganboy

And Stormy Daniels is suing the Trump.

He is denying all, citing Boner spurs.

(Thanks Andy borowitz)

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on March 07, 2018, 04:25:04 AM
And Stormy Daniels is suing the Trump.

He is denying all, citing Boner spurs.

(Thanks Andy borowitz)

Stormy Daniels' complaint http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/TODAY/z_Creative/Filed%20Complaint.pdf)

Trump must be a PILF.