Dublin on Saturday

Started by bogball88, August 20, 2015, 11:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

There will be plenty of places to get stuck into the banter Sunday night if you know where to go. Kerry pubs I know would be O'Shea's/Old Moran hotel Gardeiner St, Sean O'Casey on Marlborough St and O'Sheas the Merchant on Merchants Quay. Clientele would not normally be the youngest but the Kerry crowd can be good craic and will be plenty of match gang about.

The Celt on Talbot street gets a lively crowd with live music attracting the after match punters and tourists alike. Think it's mainly folk & rebel songs which can get some quite het-up at times. The Dublin Supporters pub on Parnell St. looks like a spot to keep walking by but maybe I'm doing it a disservice! Was in Peadar Kearneys on Dame St after replayed semi-final and it was hopping with Dubs with the band playing it up.

Later on the pubs about Wexford street would be getting busy. A few other personal favourites would be The Foggy Dew by the Central Bank and Stags Head on Dame Lane.

macdanger2

Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 15, 2015, 11:13:28 AM
Cheers macdanger, staying in Maldron Parnell Square - haven't stayed in this location before, usually stay on other side of the Liffey (around T.B. or Stephen's Green).

Will probably just play it by ear, if we get up Sunday morning and the craics good, and we all pint, that will be driving home out of the question!

The craic will be good before the match so get out early enough if even ye're not having pints

ludermor

Quote from: INDIANA on August 20, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 20, 2015, 03:44:16 PM
Worth calling in here on the way up from Connolly station to the match...... 8)

Reminds me of a few boozers in Ballina. ;D
The Bridge Tavern down the road from the Sunset is a great place to watch a match, its rough and ready but a proper old dublin boozer.

PW Nally

Quote from: ludermor on September 15, 2015, 03:22:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 20, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 20, 2015, 03:44:16 PM
Worth calling in here on the way up from Connolly station to the match...... 8)

Reminds me of a few boozers in Ballina. ;D
The Bridge Tavern down the road from the Sunset is a great place to watch a match, its rough and ready but a proper old dublin boozer.
True, and the locals tend to bate each other rather than bother the outsiders.

50fiftyball

Cheers men! Looking forward to it, staying the 2 nights to f*ck  ;D ;D Have yet to pick the hotel - have 3 reserved on booking.com all same price -  Arlington O'Connell Bridge, Arlington Temple Bar, or Jury's Parnell Street.

The Croke park hotel just popped up for the 2 nights but it's a fair wee bit extra , more than I can afford! :-[

macdanger2

Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 18, 2015, 02:01:46 PM
Cheers men! Looking forward to it, staying the 2 nights to f*ck  ;D ;D Have yet to pick the hotel - have 3 reserved on booking.com all same price -  Arlington O'Connell Bridge, Arlington Temple Bar, or Jury's Parnell Street.

The Croke park hotel just popped up for the 2 nights but it's a fair wee bit extra , more than I can afford! :-[

Arlington, O'connell bridge is what I'd probably go with. Not parnell street anyway imo

50fiftyball

Bit late but, best place to watch the rest of the rugby in city centre / temple bar etc? Walking from top of O'Connell Street