AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

laoislad

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 12:11:38 PM
All joking and messing aside lads, if someone needs anger management classes its a mental health issue and should not be sneered at or abused by fans or antagonised by players on the pitch.

If anyone spoke to Duirmuid outside of the playing pitch, he's a gent, a true club man and looking back in reeling in the years in 20 years time you would all be going, Jesus, what a player he was for club and county.

AZOffaly, I think what he means by raciest they are abusing comments against the travelling community, even though Connolly is not and I think what he means by cowards is people who personally abuse people behind keyboards.

At the end of the day, its a game, an amateur won at that.
The travelling community? Sure INDIANA himself called all Mayo people itinerants yesterday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: JoG2 on September 01, 2015, 12:15:55 PM
When Larry Reilly throws you into a bottomless pit, you hit the bottom

Fixed that for you.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2015, 12:16:27 PM
All joking and messing aside lads, if someone needs anger management classes its a mental health issue and should not be sneered at or abused by fans or antagonised by players on the pitch.

If anyone spoke to Duirmuid outside of the playing pitch, he's a gent, a true club man and looking back in reeling in the years in 20 years time you would all be going, Jesus, what a player he was for club and county.

AZOffaly, I think what he means by raciest they are abusing comments against the travelling community, even though Connolly is not and I think what he means by cowards is people who personally abuse people behind keyboards.

At the end of the day, its a game, an amateur won at that.
The travelling community? Sure INDIANA himself called all Mayo people itinerants yesterday.

Read it in its context and see the post he was replying to. Anyway its not about who or where or why, its wrong, shouldn't be brought into to sport.

When the CRC do the honourable thing of recinding the red card and is allowed to play Saturday then maybe justice will be done but its hard to win when the GAA, media , ref and officials (who have a strong history of giving more to the opposing team that play Dublin) and the viral abuse online by the country folk, it will be hard, Mayo by 6 or 7.

twohands!!!

At the end of the day, its a game, an amateur one at that.

So you're ok if you speak to him, but you need to be careful if you're innocently drinking a pint minding your own business as there is a high chance he might just break your eye-socket.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 01, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 11:59:57 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 01, 2015, 11:51:36 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 11:20:55 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 01, 2015, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:44:29 AM

What county are you from do you mind be asking ? I'm assuming it's one that's pretty shite

have a quarter of the country's population. millions poured in to Dublin GAA, massive sponsorship deals. play all games at home and have a ref who is afraid to give anything against de dubs. relying on culchee gene pool to produce decent footballers. 3 senior all irelands in 30 years and not even close to competing in hurling. many would consider that a sh!te county.

Only Idiots bring up the population argument, id be embarrassed. Please go back to social media.

Other news: I'm  hearing Connolly has a very good chance of getting off now. Hopefully so, a true gael who deserves a chance to play and not be stopped playing by players or CRC.

Yes hearing the ban will be waived on successful completion of another anger management course!!

Would you say that if he was standing in front of you Geoff ? I doubt it. You're a brave man . Coward

Irony

It's true Geoff you're a coward . If you're personally insult someone put you name to it

I'll say it again you're a yellow bellied coward. I'd say you'd be the first man to hide on a football pitch . I'd say you spent your career doing it

Don't think I've personally insulted him here. Perhaps you can explain yourself??
There's no where to hide on the football pitch. We both know that  ;)

AZOffaly

I have to say, Aristocrat has raised his game since the draw. He's more comfortable in this role than the Yerra role he tried to play before the game :)

As for abusing Diarmuid Connolly, it's pathetic. He has been very well in control of his temper for a long while now. He'll be disappointed himself that he let himself get too wound up on Sunday, but there's no need for some of the insults flying his direction.

We're awful quick to play the abuse card when it's not one of our own. Sad to see.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 01, 2015, 12:22:16 PM

So you're ok if you speak to him, but you need to be careful if you're innocently drinking a pint minding your own business as there is a high chance he might just break your eye-socket.

Your going away from the game man, that happened three years ago, people deserve a second chance? I know scruff Parkinson did enjoying a nice gig with Off the Ball now.
Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
The 'country folk'  ;D

Didnt want to use the other word, that alright with you.

AZOffaly

The other word? Culchie is okay :)

Il Bomber Destro

I have sympathy for Connolly, people know he has a short fuse and the more he lashes out when riled the more people will target him. I think the referees need to give him a bit more protection. The incident itself did not seem to have anything really untoward with it, checking runs like that is commonplace enough.

But again, if the reporting of that match didn't tell you about the clear bias of the reporting that exists depending on the geographical location of team involved then I don't know what will.

mikehunt

typical of de dubs over the years to try and bully and intimidate opposition teams and throw their toys out of the pram when it's put up to them. All fine and dandy when they're walloping Longford by 50 points but different kettle of fish when faced with a more skillful, disciplined and physically stronger outfit, then they resort to type and bring the dirt.I had began to soften my stance on them since Gavin took over but he's no different than the likes of Caffrey the honourable gurad who encouraged the bully boy tactics. Remember his cowardly shoulder in to the back of one of the Mayo backroom team. GAA then had the neck to introduce a law that allocated the hill to Dublin when warming up.Typical GAA bias towards the major revenue generators.

AZOffaly

Do you think Dublin are getting an easy ride Bomber? I think they are getting quite a bit of flak.

macdanger2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 01, 2015, 12:45:18 PM
The incident itself did not seem to have anything really untoward with it, checking runs like that is commonplace enough.

Have a look at this video clip and you'll see that it was Connolly who started the incident in which he ended up getting the line. I've no doubt he was targeted at various points in the game but this one was of his own making

https://t.co/IYZoJ7S73b

straightred

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2015, 11:59:21 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2015, 09:46:01 AM
Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.
I was in McGraths at about 8pm on Sunday night. Good chats with few older Dublin supporters, sound lads and fair assessments of the game.

Word filtered through that it was kicking off outside...had a gawk out the door expecting to see a mix of colours going at it. Just blue jerseys pucking the heads off each other...had to laugh.
Probably soccer fans dressed as Dublin Gaa fans..

Biggest soccer analogy I saw was COC's role in DCs red card. Hope he's suitably embarrassed but doubt it. I expect he'll try his best to ref the replay as well

straightred

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 10:28:02 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 09:33:16 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 01, 2015, 09:27:52 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Wasn't he nominated for MOTM?

Yeah wrongly so, think they must have felt sorry for him. Don't get me wrong he is a top bloke and good player, im not targeting him, just disappointed he lied to national media, probably instructed to do so my the Mayo co management to try and get a player banned the next day.

Both AOS and COC were nominated for MOTM.  I even laughed at another paper giving Paul Flynn the award. 

Not too much mention of Cluxton kicking out.

What county are you from do you mind be asking ? I'm assuming it's one that's pretty shite

From what I saw of Dublin on Sunday you would need to get off your high horse if you think that team is anything special. 

I was neutral watching the game but some of the behaviour from both sides makes the rest of the teams who were highlighted this summer seem like angels.  Very surprised to see Cluxton get away with the kick.   

Any attempt to cite Cluxton would only highlight the fact that the ref hadn't the guts to give OSe a black card for the pull down that led to the kick. They wouldn't want to open that can of worms !