Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 11:20:55 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 01, 2015, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:44:29 AM

What county are you from do you mind be asking ? I'm assuming it's one that's pretty shite

have a quarter of the country's population. millions poured in to Dublin GAA, massive sponsorship deals. play all games at home and have a ref who is afraid to give anything against de dubs. relying on culchee gene pool to produce decent footballers. 3 senior all irelands in 30 years and not even close to competing in hurling. many would consider that a sh!te county.

Only Idiots bring up the population argument, id be embarrassed. Please go back to social media.

Other news: I'm  hearing Connolly has a very good chance of getting off now. Hopefully so, a true gael who deserves a chance to play and not be stopped playing by players or CRC.

Yes hearing the ban will be waived on successful completion of another anger management course!!

imtommygunn

What county are you from do you mind be asking ? I'm assuming it's one that's pretty shite

have a quarter of the country's population. millions poured in to Dublin GAA, massive sponsorship deals. play all games at home and have a ref who is afraid to give anything against de dubs. relying on culchee gene pool to produce decent footballers. 3 senior all irelands in 30 years and not even close to competing in hurling. many would consider that a sh!te county.

Only Idiots bring up the population argument, id be embarrassed. Please go back to social media.

Other news: I'm  hearing Connolly has a very good chance of getting off now. Hopefully so, a true gael who deserves a chance to play and not be stopped playing by players or CRC.

I would also say Connolly will get off.

Based on your posts not much embarasses you so maybe it's a bit rich talking about embarassment.

I didn't know if you posted here you were better than those posting on social media. You learn something new every day.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2015, 09:46:01 AM
Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.
I was in McGraths at about 8pm on Sunday night. Good chats with few older Dublin supporters, sound lads and fair assessments of the game.

Word filtered through that it was kicking off outside...had a gawk out the door expecting to see a mix of colours going at it. Just blue jerseys pucking the heads off each other...had to laugh.
Probably soccer fans dressed as Dublin Gaa fans..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

INDIANA

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 01, 2015, 11:51:36 AM

Yes hearing the ban will be waived on successful completion of another anger management course!!

Would you say that if he was standing in front of you Geoff ? I doubt it. You're a brave man . Coward

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 11:59:57 AM

Would you say that if he was standing in front of you Geoff ? I doubt it. You're a brave man . Coward

Irony

laoislad

https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.
Some of what they are posting is hilarious.
One woman wrote 'I wouldn't hear a bad word said against our Dermo'
I bet the poor fella who's jaw he broke in McGowans would say otherwise.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:43:40 AM

Have you seen the racist abuse some of your fans have sent to Connolly on Twitter. It's nothing short of a disgrace .

Some of your  fans are an absolute disgrace . You should be ashamed of yourselves . You do know it's only a football match .

Racist abuse? what sort of abuse? How do you racially abuse him? Some people are awful gobdaws.

deiseach

Indiana, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are not a lawyer.

INDIANA

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 01, 2015, 12:00:57 PM

Irony

It's true Geoff you're a coward . If you're personally insult someone put you name to it

I'll say it again you're a yellow bellied coward. I'd say you'd be the first man to hide on a football pitch . I'd say you spent your career doing it

JoG2

If anyone would, Geoff would

macdanger2

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 12:03:31 PM

Irony

It's true Geoff you're a coward . If you're personally insult someone put you name to it

I'll say it again you're a yellow bellied coward. I'd say you'd be the first man to hide on a football pitch . I'd say you spent your career doing it

I bet you wouldn't say that to Geoff's face  ;D ;D

The Aristocrat

All joking and messing aside lads, if someone needs anger management classes its a mental health issue and should not be sneered at or abused by fans or antagonised by players on the pitch.

If anyone spoke to Duirmuid outside of the playing pitch, he's a gent, a true club man and looking back in reeling in the years in 20 years time you would all be going, Jesus, what a player he was for club and county.

AZOffaly, I think what he means by raciest they are abusing comments against the travelling community, even though Connolly is not and I think what he means by cowards is people who personally abuse people behind keyboards.

At the end of the day, its a game, an amateur one at that.

Chéad rogha

Plenty on this board have completely lost the plot. I had thought it was the place for good, reasonable GAA debate but this thread has descended into a bit of a farce. It'd actually shock you the level of hatred that sometimes comes out in people (although I can only assume this is mostly from the vocal minority).

From a Mayo perspective I think we should go with the same set-up we started with the last day with maybe different personnel. Durcan will obviously start for Vaughan, don't think Drake will start  again. They might go with Keane/Coen (or Cunniffe if fit) for Drake. More support to AOS and try and vary the play a bit more. Jack McC and Flynn (1st half) caused us a lot of problems - plans needed for these two, brilliant footballers. Our backs did alright on sun considering the quality of ball dublin were getting in in the first half, pretty much negating the sweeper (although you could argue the sweepers primary role is to cut out goal chances, which would have been achieved to a large extent if boyle had held his ground instead of charging straight into doherty for the dub penalty). We need to put the squeeze on around the middle more if we're not going to engage right up in their 45. So keep it tight again then maybe bring in barry/dillon/freeman/andy for impact.

Was behind the managementt on sunday and was impressed with them the last ten mins. They kept the heads and thought through every sub - plenty of them there to come to a consensus anyway!

deiseach

Quote from: Chéad rogha on September 01, 2015, 12:12:29 PM
Plenty on this board have completely lost the plot. I had thought it was the place for good, reasonable GAA debate but this thread has descended into a bit of a farce. It'd actually shock you the level of hatred that sometimes comes out in people (although I can only assume this is mostly from the vocal minority).

I'm grateful some of the stuff I said/thought after the 1998 Munster final replay isn't recorded for posterity.

JoG2

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2015, 12:10:03 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 12:03:31 PM

Irony

I bet you wouldn't say that to Geoff's face  ;D ;D

When Geoff throws you into a bottomless pit, you hit the bottom