Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: Tubberman on September 01, 2015, 09:49:22 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.

Have you seen the racist abuse some of your fans have sent to Connolly on Twitter. It's nothing short of a disgrace .

Some of your  fans are an absolute disgrace . You should be ashamed of yourselves . You do know it's only a football match .

Oh my, the irony!!!

The irony of what ? Threatening him with iron bars . stay classy their kid

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Nihilist on September 01, 2015, 09:50:24 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 09:33:16 AM
Yeah wrongly so, think they must have felt sorry for him. Don't get me wrong he is a top bloke and good player, im not targeting him, just disappointed he lied to national media, probably instructed to do so my the Mayo co management to try and get a player banned the next day.

Mcmahon went with the head and all the videos prove it. Pat Mac saw them and had his own interpretation but no matter how you spin it the threatening intent is there. Bottom line is he didn't lie. He was asked his opinion by the media and he gave it honestly. You're right - he is a top bloke and honest too.

Bottom line is he cried to the national media with a bit of a fib to try and get a player who man marked him out of the game suspended for the replay. Its a Mayo thing that they always go to the media, perhaps if they kept the head down a bit more they might actually win a Sam.

Pub Bore

Keep it going lads...this is great stuff!

ludermor

https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.

Have you seen the racist abuse some of your fans have sent to Connolly on Twitter. It's nothing short of a disgrace .

Some of your  fans are an absolute disgrace . You should be ashamed of yourselves . You do know it's only a football match .
I havent seen that abuse and i would condemn it but its a bit rich saying its only a game when yourself , Squire and Aristocrat have been in hysterics since the match.

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:52:26 AM

Oh my, the irony!!!

No, I haven't even seen what was said to Connolly on twitter, I don't follow him. If someone threatened him and is giving him personal abuse, that's not on obviously and action can be taken if need be. We all know Diarmuid is well able to handle himself though...

The irony is you of all people coming out with the line "You do know it's only a football match". Your posts, along with squire and The Aristocrat have been nothing short of hysterical.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Tubberman on September 01, 2015, 09:58:13 AM

Oh my, the irony!!!

No, I haven't even seen what was said to Connolly on twitter, I don't follow him. If someone threatened him and is giving him personal abuse, that's not on obviously and action can be taken if need be. We all know Diarmuid is well able to handle himself though...

The irony is you of all people coming out with the line "You do know it's only a football match". Your posts, along with squire and The Aristocrat have been nothing short of hysterical.

Hysterical, take a look at your own county with the blouse Aidan running to the media and every gombeen from here to Dubai with their mayo4sam rubbish, this is set up nicely for us on Saturday

JoG2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 01, 2015, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Fell sorry for DC as he was provoked but a strike is a strike regardless.

Not a chance. From the word go he was getting involved in incidents that had nothing to do with him. From junior football, right up to senior county, you're gonna get markers in your face, you're gonna get dragged, shouted at, have your run blocked etc etc, but, YOU DO NOT STRIKE ! its the golden rule. If you're gonna feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the Dublin fans, they're the ones he let down. The man needs to sort himself out, play the way he can play, which is right up there and not get involved. Take the suspension, learn from it and move on.

The Aristocrat, legendary status is just around the next bend

INDIANA

Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:56:54 AM

I havent seen that abuse and i would condemn it but its a bit rich saying its only a game when yourself , Squire and Aristocrat have been in hysterics since the match.

Hysterics over what ? We're only asking for fair play. Both teams were at it last Sunday . Yet once again we are painted as the bad boys .  Some of our players have 11 stitches and a closed eye but I suppose Philly Mc Mahon did that as well ?

I'd have serious concerns about what could happen  on and off the pitch the way this is going.

Thank Christ I don't engage in social media . Why any player would go on it is beyond me .

ludermor

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 01, 2015, 10:01:16 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 01, 2015, 09:58:13 AM

Oh my, the irony!!!

Hysterical, take a look at your own county with the blouse Aidan running to the media and every gombeen from here to Dubai with their mayo4sam rubbish, this is set up nicely for us on Saturday
FFS Squire can you be a little bit objective. O'Shea was asked a question and he answered. He didnt go running to the media, he gets interviewed after every game. You cant dent that that McMahon stuck the head into him , maybe if O'Shea dived to the ground holding his face he would have got more of a reaction.

Mac2

Will try and steer this back to the football if that's possible.
If Mayo have a half like that the next day it'll certainly be curtains, Dublin should've been out of sight. H&C were trying to be too clever by half drafting in Drake, it didn't work, we need one of the Morans starting the next day and get more support for O'Shea. Kilkenny and Andrews were lethal and Brogan always looks like he could rattle the net if he gets the right ball. The Dublin forwards are just more accurate and whether we press up or not they'll still get enough ball to do damage. They'll hardly cough up as many frees either so it's obvious we need more from play, forwards need to step up and knock a few over particularly Doherty and McLoughlin.

squire_in_navy_slacks

I'm surprised he didn't hit the deck he's a great man for the arms in the air and going down, sure he didn't have his spokesman cillian the ref beside him at the time, he grabbed McMahon by the scruff and pulled him into him.

ludermor

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 10:02:59 AM
Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:56:54 AM

Hysterics over what ? We're only asking for fair play. Both teams were at it last Sunday . Yet once again we are painted as the bad boys .  Some of our players have 11 stitches and a closed eye but I suppose Philly Mc Mahon did that as well ?

I'd have serious concerns about what could happen  on and off the pitch the way this is going.

Thank Christ I don't engage in social media . Why any player would go on it is beyond me .
Do you honestly think O'Connor meant to elbow O'Carroll?
Im not saying the mayo lads are angels and god knows if there is one mayo player you expect to get involved in niggles it is Keegan but the fact is Connelly got caught striking. On another day it could be the other way around.
I think the worst case of foul play was Coopers but that is being glossed over by most of the Dublin fans because it was dealt with by the ref

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: blanketattack on September 01, 2015, 09:27:52 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Wasn't he nominated for MOTM?

You and your facts have no place here. All we want to hear about is the 33-12 free count (it was actually 26-21 but there I go again with the facts), AOS eye gouging, AOS elbowing, COC WWF forearm slam, poor Diarmuid being picked on, Phillys nodding dog impression.

The facts? Shove you facts up your arse!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

squire_in_navy_slacks

Coopers leg movement was shocking, I don't know what he was at and should consider himself a lucky man, any challenge slowed to the rate that rte enjoyed doing though looks worse

D OConnor seemed to move quite gingerly all day in fairness, Rory OCarroll not so much.

Canalman

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 11:32:21 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 11:01:17 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:52:41 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 10:34:20 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:15:25 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 09:58:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
Why should Connolly get off?

Because Keegan hit him first. Clearly seen on the video.

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

It's all coming out now, crying to the media.

Ye're the ones crying baby ;)

If you think Connolly is going to get off because he ll claim the other guy started it you haven t a clue.

Connolly's assault a lesser version of incident below. Repeatedly hitting an opponent who is in no position to defend himself. Connolly was similarly out of control and if he wasn t stopped could be looking at a long ban indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz428AaGzoA

I don't recognise that sport but not even in the same radius as Keegan's/Connolly, both got up and made nothing of it until o Connor influenced the linesman. He won't get off because of that alone but video evidence plus the CCCC have no choice ala Keane who struck twice to the face , Connolly/ Keegan's is a much lesser offence, handbags.

More nonsense. Connolly was intent on continuing his assault when O Connor arrived. O Connor behaved with the utmost restraint in the circumstances - especially by calling the linesman attention. If he hadn t Keegan would have been opened and Connolly facing a lengthy ban indeed.

You should be writing short stories for the ufc website .......... Utter drivel, What of the upstanding OConnors forearm smash to OCarrolls head ....? Nothing, ah sure he was pulling out of him and deserved it

Christ ye're like a pinball machine jumping from incident to incident and trying to link them up.

'forearm smash to O Carrolls head' is the ultimate drivel, suggesting intent and wrecking ball force. Cop on and stop muddying the waters. O Carroll got caught with an arm outstretched in a gesture of frustration after being continuously held and checked. The tissue around the eye socket splits easily and its not nice to see anybody having injuries. Surprised he got stitches. Usually cuts like that are glued or stapled these days.
Cooper wrestled McLoughlin to ground in first minuted and didn t get digged like Keegan did.
If my neighbour Ger Cafferkey was acting the pup like O Carroll and Cooper and got cut in a gesture like that from Brogan or whoever I wouldn t be making a show of myself crying and trying to turn the tables and getting a player suspended that went out to play the game, like your friend The Aristocrat is.

Just to say, the reason O Carroll didn't come back on is his eye closed up and with his history of concussion also v Mayo it was the right call. A wild swing back but look what goes around comes around, maybe not this year but it will.

Secondly, I understand Connolly is not liked to say the least, yeah we know, t**ker, dub sc**bag, etc, but they targeted him and Keegan grappled him to the ground and Connolly tried his utmost to break free from him. O Connor acting like a Chelsea soccer player  to the linesman. Poor form, thought better of Mayo, master of the dark arts who need 2 ( laughs) managers to try and get them over the line.

Have a good night all , good discussion.

More nonsense. I doubt you give us a second thought and I don t mind if you do or don t. Like Kerry ye don t care what ye need to do to win and like Kerry ye have a massive since of entitlement and a huge sense of resentment when ye don t always get ye're way - which ye usually do of course. In effect ye are spoiled and some of ye're players are spoiled as well. Others of course are top lads. Jack McCafferty and the Brogans are classy in every way.bloke too. What I was dismayed by Flynn's dismissive gesture to the tv camera at the end. Thought he was a quality  was that about? Yer ould spin these last couple of day's Aristocrat has done nothing for your credibility.

Ah come on Moysider, in a thread that has gotten a bit out of hand , that comment about Flynn takes the biscuit.