Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 01, 2015, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Fell sorry for DC as he was provoked but a strike is a strike regardless.

As was mayos keanes............. Provocation on both counts, Connolly should be cleared to play

blanketattack

Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Wasn't he nominated for MOTM?

The Aristocrat

Free count Sunday 33-12 in favour of Mayo. Says it all. Keegan will be worse, I imagine it will be 45 - 6 the next day.

Looking back on the match O Connor should have reffed the game himself he was involved in his ear that much, Mayo antics leave a lot to be desired and would it be cracked down on the next day but doubtful with the backing of the GAA who really want them to win the big one.

Dublin don't have a chance in the replay now.

macdanger2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 09:31:24 AM
Free count Sunday 33-12 in favour of Mayo. Says it all. Keegan will be worse, I imagine it will be 45 - 6 the next day.

Looking back on the match O Connor should have reffed the game himself he was involved in his ear that much, Mayo antics leave a lot to be desired and would it be cracked down on the next day but doubtful with the backing of the GAA who really want them to win the big one.

Dublin don't have a chance in the replay now.

Did you not have your "last word" on this about 30 pages back??  ;D ;D ;D

ludermor

The Aristocrat

Quote from: blanketattack on September 01, 2015, 09:27:52 AM

Yeah wrongly so, think they must have felt sorry for him. Don't get me wrong he is a top bloke and good player, im not targeting him, just disappointed he lied to national media, probably instructed to do so my the Mayo co management to try and get a player banned the next day.

nrico2006

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 09:33:16 AM

Yeah wrongly so, think they must have felt sorry for him. Don't get me wrong he is a top bloke and good player, im not targeting him, just disappointed he lied to national media, probably instructed to do so my the Mayo co management to try and get a player banned the next day.

Both AOS and COC were nominated for MOTM.  I even laughed at another paper giving Paul Flynn the award. 

Not too much mention of Cluxton kicking out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

highorlow

QuoteFor Mayo, you'd have to imagine that we'll push up more on Cluxton from the start the next day, it was only when we did that that we started to get some joy. We need to bring our shooting boots next Saturday too.

MacD, i'm not sure pushing up early in the game is wise. On Sunday we took a leaf out of Kerry's book, they waited until early in the 2nd half to push up on Tyrone, although they should have done it earlier given the wet ball.

I called / guessed our tactic for the last day, i.e. conceding kick outs to the Dubs. This may not have looked like it worked but without the peno we would have been level at half time. We had Dublin completely taken out of the stride they love to play in.

Squeezing Cluxton early will mean going man to man, this is highly dangerous and will play into the Dubs hands. We need to keep it tight again until half time the next day.

McStay also made a good point that squeezing the kick outs early is an energy sapping tactic. Look what happen in '13 to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6QYGy7Xk-w

Ok all of the above is based on a dry ball.

Wet ball, the tactic is the opposite with Andy Moran starting.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

QuoteFree count Sunday 33-12 in favour of Mayo. Says it all. Keegan will be worse, I imagine it will be 45 - 6 the next day.

Between the 2 non points the Dubs got, the first one the double hop and the 2nd a free against Cafferkey for nothing I would say things were equal enough.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

INDIANA

Quote from: ludermor on September 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.

Have you seen the racist abuse some of your fans have sent to Connolly on Twitter. It's nothing short of a disgrace .

Some of your  fans are an absolute disgrace . You should be ashamed of yourselves . You do know it's only a football match .

INDIANA

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 09:39:56 AM

Both AOS and COC were nominated for MOTM.  I even laughed at another paper giving Paul Flynn the award. 

Not too much mention of Cluxton kicking out.

What county are you from do you mind be asking ? I'm assuming it's one that's pretty shite

ballinaman

https://www.facebook.com/Hill16Army/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/701811283295661/?type=1&fref=nf

Some of the stuff here is going way overboard! there will be riots next Saturday if this keeps up.
I was in McGraths at about 8pm on Sunday night. Good chats with few older Dublin supporters, sound lads and fair assessments of the game.

Word filtered through that it was kicking off outside...had a gawk out the door expecting to see a mix of colours going at it. Just blue jerseys pucking the heads off each other...had to laugh.

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:43:40 AM

Have you seen the racist abuse some of your fans have sent to Connolly on Twitter. It's nothing short of a disgrace .

Some of your  fans are an absolute disgrace . You should be ashamed of yourselves . You do know it's only a football match .

Oh my, the irony!!!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nihilist

Mcmahon went with the head and all the videos prove it. Pat Mac saw them and had his own interpretation but no matter how you spin it the threatening intent is there. Bottom line is he didn't lie. He was asked his opinion by the media and he gave it honestly. You're right - he is a top bloke and honest too.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 09:43:40 AM

Yep, Mayo, Kildare and Tipp fans all cheering on Mayo in Croke park. Hilarious and embarrassing. They are a bitter bitter bunch.

Anyway, back to the game itself, anyone want to wager on the free count next Saturday, Mayo 42 - Dublin 5 id imagine.