Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

moysider

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 31, 2015, 11:26:33 PM
1 game ban for Connolly

That was automatic. Appeal Thursday night I assume. Aristocrat would want to be better prepared to represent him than he has been on here or the ban will be X2!

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on August 31, 2015, 11:33:42 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 31, 2015, 11:08:04 PM
Yes Im a Rossie moysider and we are arch enemies in Connaught but remember once ye cross the shannon ye are ours, now if ye lose we may slag ye but that is just between us, when ye play in croker ye are playing for Connaught as well as mayo.

May I point out this chap is not speaking for me >:(
Also  may I point out it's CONNACHT >:( >:(
Thirdly may I point out they are only playing for Mayo and some of Ballagh.
Sadly of the three teams left an A I win by them would be the least objectionable :'(

I knew we could count on your support Rossfan ;D ;D ;D Not much support but it means a lot ;)

moysider

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 31, 2015, 11:44:34 PM
So many incidents from the game yesterday and I had some sympathy for Connolly aa Keegan stops his run and drags him down so should have been black I think.

However how can RTE analyse this incident in such detail but not comment on the two punches thrown on the man on the ground.
McMahon was out of control all day and it's amazing he wasn't sent off before this.

https://youtu.be/ASkcjgafJCU

A lot happened alright but news to me McMahon was sent off ???

Mayo4Sam14

Keep thinking this feckin replay is in Limerick
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

North Longford

Thats a kind of funny video if you look at the 2nd and 3rd incident. Better qualify this by saying I reckon McQuillan is an absolute shite referree!!) and would have been supporting Mayo (spent many a happy summer with the cousins in Kiltimagh!!
Incident 2 just after the foul Cillian O'Connor runs in and pushes Connolly over and Joes answer is to bring the ball forward for Mayo...Incident 3 Connolly does the pushing just after the foul and Joes response........bring the ball forward for Mayo. Connolly should have known his number was up after that!!!!

Its a rather poor video anyway...In the 1st minute alone there are 2 or 3 other incidents of wrongdoing by Mayo players that the 'editor' seems to have missed......

ludermor

Some amount of absolute shite being spouted by The Aristocrat , Indiana, Squire .
Has the Dublin county board took notes from Putin and set up a troll factory?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33972122

nrico2006

The most shocking thing about Sunday was Cillian O'Connor getting Man of the Match.  He offers no threat from play and spends most of his time getting involved in incidents and trying to influence the officials.  In saying that, there is no way he should be suspended as he did nothing wrong but he won't be the deciding factor come the replay.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Aristocrat

Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 08:44:31 AM
The most shocking thing about Sunday was Cillian O'Connor getting Man of the Match.  He offers no threat from play and spends most of his time getting involved in incidents and trying to influence the officials.  In saying that, there is no way he should be suspended as he did nothing wrong but he won't be the deciding factor come the replay.
O'Connor's freetaking was immense, although agree not worthy of man of the match, and he did miss his only chance from play towards the end after a quick free was taken.

I thought Higgins was super for Mayo (as usual). If he was the man closest to the Dub in possession you could almost guarantee a turnover, and he used the ball very well too. And the point he got was an inspirational one for the rest of the team at a crucial time, charging down the middle and banging it over.
For Dubs, Jack McCaffrey was best. Caused problems every time he got the ball and made a number of interceptions and turnovers.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
Looks like the papers today have decided Connolly's faith. CRC /CCCC getting in contact with their non-Dub friends in the media asking them to write articles to help them to carry through Connolly's ban. Example is John Fogerty in the Examiner today, helping his friends out. 

I see Aiden O Shea was watching straight out of Compton last night trying to learn how to toughen up and talk back to when he meets the gentleman Philip McMahon again. Aiden has a problem in big games, great against the Sligo's of this world but big games goes missing, in the 2013 All Ireland final they had to send out a search party for him.

A sad day for the CRC and CCCC if Connolly's 1 game ban is not overturned but we all know it wont as its agenda driven and Connolly is a hate figure. Looks like Mayo will have the ref again Saturday who notoriously gives very bad decisions to Dublin. Example league match against Kerry. Bad call to appoint him.

Protestant or Catholic or Atheist or what is he?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

imtommygunn

The poor dubs. Everyone is out to get them.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Time for Tomas Brady to marshall Keegan in connollys absence,  absolute man marker job on him, and try not be drawn in by his snakey moves, Small to number six and put CIan at 8 alongside Fenton

Leave Philly on Saint Aidan

Norf Tyrone

Fell sorry for DC as he was provoked but a strike is a strike regardless.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

macdanger2

Some amount of whinging from the Dubs on here, hard to credit considering they were the aggressors in most incidents:

- Cooper's kick on O'Connor, red card without a doubt. He was at McLoughlin before the ball was even thrown in.
- O'Carroll pulling out of O'Connor off the ball and getting a clip for his troubles
- McMahon body-checking AOS and then going down like a blouse holding his face. Punched Boyle after the penalty was awarded also
- While the initial video made it look like Keegan started the incident with Connolly, the video on FB that someone posted here shows that it was Connolly who pulled at Keegan first. Not a prayer of him getting off (although you'd have said the same about Keane).
- Fair enough AOS eye gouged someone so we'll take responsibility for that  ;D ;D

On the match itself, we were lucky to get out of there with a draw but at the same time we should have won it. Those succession of wides around the 45th minute were desperate and we should have been left to rue them if Dublin had any sort of backbone. Luckily, they don't seem to have. Brogan is pure class, his point in the 2nd half was as good as you'll see anywhere. McCaffrey, Fenton and KK also very good for Dublin. Andrews was excellent as well, can't understand why he was taken off.

For Mayo, you'd have to imagine that we'll push up more on Cluxton from the start the next day, it was only when we did that that we started to get some joy. We need to bring our shooting boots next Saturday too. I thought Durcan was very good, I'd imagine he'll start the next day. Higgins, Drake Parsons were very good. DO'C was brilliant I thought and I would have had him as motm. AOS didn't score but he won three frees and was directly involved in three other points so overall a decent enough performance, I thought he was unlucky with the point where he was pulled for overcarrying. COC needs to play much closer to him the next day but he was deadly from frees and showed some nerve to hit that penalty. Andy was a mixed bag when he came, two bad misses, should have passed to DO'C for a goal chance but then pops up with two great points.

Looking forward to the next day, hopefully it'll be played in better spirits but I doubt it.....