Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:15:25 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 09:58:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
Why should Connolly get off?

Because Keegan hit him first. Clearly seen on the video.

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

It's all coming out now, crying to the media.

Ye're the ones crying baby ;)

If you think Connolly is going to get off because he ll claim the other guy started it you haven t a clue.

Connolly's assault a lesser version of incident below. Repeatedly hitting an opponent who is in no position to defend himself. Connolly was similarly out of control and if he wasn t stopped could be looking at a long ban indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz428AaGzoA

I don't recognise that sport but not even in the same radius as Keegan's/Connolly, both got up and made nothing of it until o Connor influenced the linesman. He won't get off because of that alone but video evidence plus the CCCC have no choice ala Keane who struck twice to the face , Connolly/ Keegan's is a much lesser offence, handbags.

More nonsense. Connolly was intent on continuing his assault when O Connor arrived. O Connor behaved with the utmost restraint in the circumstances - especially by calling the linesman attention. If he hadn t Keegan would have been opened and Connolly facing a lengthy ban indeed.

You should be writing short stories for the ufc website .......... Utter drivel, What of the upstanding OConnors forearm smash to OCarrolls head ....? Nothing, ah sure he was pulling out of him and deserved it

Christ ye're like a pinball machine jumping from incident to incident and trying to link them up.

'forearm smash to O Carrolls head' is the ultimate drivel, suggesting intent and wrecking ball force. Cop on and stop muddying the waters. O Carroll got caught with an arm outstretched in a gesture of frustration after being continuously held and checked. The tissue around the eye socket splits easily and its not nice to see anybody having injuries. Surprised he got stitches. Usually cuts like that are glued or stapled these days.
Cooper wrestled McLoughlin to ground in first minuted and didn t get digged like Keegan did.
If my neighbour Ger Cafferkey was acting the pup like O Carroll and Cooper and got cut in a gesture like that from Brogan or whoever I wouldn t be making a show of myself crying and trying to turn the tables and getting a player suspended that went out to play the game, like your friend The Aristocrat is.

Just to say, the reason O Carroll didn't come back on is his eye closed up and with his history of concussion also v Mayo it was the right call. A wild swing back but look what goes around comes around, maybe not this year but it will.

Secondly, I understand Connolly is not liked to say the least, yeah we know, t**ker, dub sc**bag, etc, but they targeted him and Keegan grappled him to the ground and Connolly tried his utmost to break free from him. O Connor acting like a Chelsea soccer player  to the linesman. Poor form, thought better of Mayo, master of the dark arts who need 2 ( laughs) managers to try and get them over the line.

Have a good night all , good discussion.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 11:00:31 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:52:41 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 10:34:20 PM

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

If you think Connolly is going to get off because he ll claim the other guy started it you haven t a clue.

Connolly's assault a lesser version of incident below. Repeatedly hitting an opponent who is in no position to defend himself. Connolly was similarly out of control and if he wasn t stopped could be looking at a long ban indeed.

I don't recognise that sport but not even in the same radius as Keegan's/Connolly, both got up and made nothing of it until o Connor influenced the linesman. He won't get off because of that alone but video evidence plus the CCCC have no choice ala Keane who struck twice to the face , Connolly/ Keegan's is a much lesser offence, handbags.

More nonsense. Connolly was intent on continuing his assault when O Connor arrived. O Connor behaved with the utmost restraint in the circumstances - especially by calling the linesman attention. If he hadn t Keegan would have been opened and Connolly facing a lengthy ban indeed.

You should be writing short stories for the ufc website .......... Utter drivel, What of the upstanding OConnors forearm smash to OCarrolls head ....? Nothing, ah sure he was pulling out of him and deserved it

Christ ye're like a pinball machine jumping from incident to incident and trying to link them up.

'forearm smash to O Carrolls head' is the ultimate drivel, suggesting intent and wrecking ball force. Cop on and stop muddying the waters. O Carroll got caught with an arm outstretched in a gesture of frustration after being continuously held and checked. The tissue around the eye socket splits easily and its not nice to see anybody having injuries. Surprised he got stitches. Usually cuts like that are glued or stapled these days.
Cooper wrestled McLoughlin to ground in first minuted and didn t get digged like Keegan did.
If my neighbour Ger Cafferkey was acting the pup like O Carroll and Cooper and got cut in a gesture like that from Brogan or whoever I wouldn t be making a show of myself crying and trying to turn the tables and getting a player suspended that went out to play the game, like your friend The Aristocrat is.
I wouldn't imagine you would cry wolf, leave that to the super hero Aidan, the man was loafed, assaulted, goaded and had his prostate examined in Croke park yesterday if your to believe him   ::)
McLoughlin did.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Reports of a video taken from the Cusack side of the pitch. Lip reader analysis in of what Connolly said to Keegan after being sent off.."Yiz going for a pint in McGowans after?"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 11:01:17 PM

Just to say, the reason O Carroll didn't come back on is his eye closed up and with his history of concussion also v Mayo it was the right call. A wild swing back but look what goes around comes around, maybe not this year but it will.

Secondly, I understand Connolly is not liked to say the least, yeah we know, t**ker, dub sc**bag, etc, but they targeted him and Keegan grappled him to the ground and Connolly tried his utmost to break free from him. O Connor acting like a Chelsea soccer player  to the linesman. Poor form, thought better of Mayo, master of the dark arts who need 2 ( laughs) managers to try and get them over the line.

Why then, would he punch Keegan if he was trying to get away from him?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: ballinaman on August 31, 2015, 11:03:20 PM
Reports of a video taken from the Cusack side of the pitch. Lip reader analysis in of what Connolly said to Keegan after being sent off.."Yiz going for a pint in McGowans after?"

No I believe it was "it was a mayo coconut who stabbed Cooper"

giveballaghback

Yes Im a Rossie moysider and we are arch enemies in Connaught but remember once ye cross the shannon ye are ours, now if ye lose we may slag ye but that is just between us, when ye play in croker ye are playing for Connaught as well as mayo.

ONeill

I wonder what way the dirt will go this weekend?

Potential bloodbath or all on best behaviour?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2015, 11:09:41 PM

Bloodbath I reckon. Kerry laughing all the way.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2015, 11:09:41 PM

The Dubs will unveil their new sponsor....
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

I wouldn't imagine you would cry wolf, leave that to the super hero Aidan, the man was loafed, assaulted, goaded and had his prostate examined in Croke park yesterday if your to believe him   ::)

Right. I missed the prostate bit, thank God :o. But an examination like that can be quick. You d want eyes in the back of your arse when Philly is around ;D ;D ;D
Y

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

1 game? I thought the suspensions were time based, to include at least 1 game or whatever. 2 weeks plus the next game at this level etc....

moysider

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 11:01:17 PM

More nonsense. I doubt you give us a second thought and I don t mind if you do or don t. Like Kerry ye don t care what ye need to do to win and like Kerry ye have a massive since of entitlement and a huge sense of resentment when ye don t always get ye're way - which ye usually do of course. In effect ye are spoiled and some of ye're players are spoiled as well. Others of course are top lads. Jack McCafferty and the Brogans are classy in every way. I was dismayed by Flynn's dismissive gesture to the tv camera at the end. Thought he was a quality bloke too. What was that about?
Yer ould spin these last couple of day's Aristocrat has done nothing for your credibility.

Rossfan

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 31, 2015, 11:08:04 PM
Yes Im a Rossie moysider and we are arch enemies in Connaught but remember once ye cross the shannon ye are ours, now if ye lose we may slag ye but that is just between us, when ye play in croker ye are playing for Connaught as well as mayo.

May I point out this chap is not speaking for me >:(
Also  may I point out it's CONNACHT >:( >:(
Thirdly may I point out they are only playing for Mayo and some of Ballagh.
Sadly of the three teams left an A I win by them would be the least objectionable :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fuzzman

So many incidents from the game yesterday and I had some sympathy for Connolly aa Keegan stops his run and drags him down so should have been black I think.

However how can RTE analyse this incident in such detail but not comment on the two punches thrown on the man on the ground.
McMahon was out of control all day and it's amazing he wasn't sent off before this.

https://youtu.be/ASkcjgafJCU