Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
Why should Connolly get off?

Because Keegan hit him first. Clearly seen on the video.

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

mikehunt

Quote from: yellowcard on August 31, 2015, 09:33:04 PM
Dubs seem very concerned about getting O'Connor suspended. Common sense has prevailed and I think the Dubs are rattled.
Without him Mayo might manage eight or nine points and de dubs would be free to gouge their way through the match safe in the knowledge that they were up against a forward line as potent as a eunuch. 

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:52:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2015, 09:46:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: Red eye on August 31, 2015, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

The assault on O'Carroll "seemed innocuous"?? The results certainly weren't "innocuous".

Just remember you're dealing with a lot of  rubber heads on this website. You have to factor that in.

The schooling system up North isn't what it was. It was better when the Brits were looking after it.

Should you not too busy using all that clout you have to get dublin players off and mayo players suspended?  ;D

You don't think getting Dermo off will be a  good result?

Mayo didn't pursue Mc Mahon because it would have forced the CCC to revisit COC.

It's not the opposing counties that hand out the suspensions! How would they have persued him!? You guys are deluded
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:54:43 PM

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

moysider

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:45:04 PM
The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

The assault on O'Carroll "seemed innocuous"?? The results certainly weren't "innocuous".

The wheels are in motion to get Dermo off. It will be ironic that it will be a Mayo man who clears him!

It won t be ironic at all. I don t think Keane's case ( if that is indeed what you are referring to) will have any bearing on this case.

Every case is judged on its own merits. What will Connolly's defence be?

Keegan got away on a technicality last year. Connolly did before I think. Unless McQuillan messed up his report hard to see how he walks. Mind you it won t bother me if he is cleared to play. Best of luck to him if he beats the rap.

The Hill is Blue

How many stitches did Keegan need after he was "assaulted". According to reports O'Carroll needed ten or eleven stitches.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 09:58:54 PM
According to reports O'Carroll needed ten or eleven stitches.
BREAKING NEWS! STOP PRESS!

PadraicHenryPearse

How many stitches did Keegan need after he was "assaulted". According to reports O'Carroll needed ten or eleven stitches.

if no stitches would it have been ok?

omaghjoe

Twas 13 yesterday

whitey

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:45:04 PM

The wheels are in motion to get Dermo off. It will be ironic that it will be a Mayo man who clears him!

It won t be ironic at all. I don t think Keane's case ( if that is indeed what you are referring to) will have any bearing on this case.

Every case is judged on its own merits. What will Connolly's defence be?

Keegan got away on a technicality last year. Connolly did before I think. Unless McQuillan messed up his report hard to see how he walks. Mind you it won t bother me if he is cleared to play. Best of luck to him if he beats the rap.

Wonder if he will regret the threats he issued when leaving the field. To me if the CCCC take that into account, there's no way they can clear him to play nex week

Tubberman

Did Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor assault each other in the semi final replay last year? Cillian had to get stitches I think, so he must have been assaulted

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 09:58:00 PM

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Ah come on Tubberman, surely you have read enough of Indiana's posts by now to realise that facts and real life play a very small part in his ramblings!
That was never a square ball!!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 09:58:00 PM

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

It's all coming out now, crying to the media.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on August 31, 2015, 09:53:06 PM

So that he can carry out the threats he made leaving the pitch.

I don't think it was threats it was more "your a dirty rotten weeny oconnor" that's all

JoG2

Is this the same Dermo who pushed the same Cillians head into the ground twice in another passage of play? Brave boy as you'd say

There's a few Dublin posters,  with yourself as captain making  clowns of yourselves at this stage.  It's enjoyable to read right enough